[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - big collars and high waists: the vintage thread

big collars and high waists: the vintage thread

Clothes

big collars and high waists: the vintage thread

Postby thatbiglake » Sat May 10, 2014 8:48 pm

nn

Last edited by thatbiglake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatbiglake

Re: big collars and high waists: the vintage thread

Postby thatbiglake » Sun May 11, 2014 1:06 am

nn

Last edited by thatbiglake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatbiglake

Postby balloons » Wed May 21, 2014 7:04 am

went to the long beach flea market thing on sunday morning, had a good time perusing vintage tees.

found this cool thing, an old 50s/60s surfy looking shirt.

would've bought it but it was a bit worse for wear. some pretty grimy stains throughout. will look for a better one in the future because these are pretty neat looking in terms of color & design.

interesting thing about these types of tees is the fabric. they're pretty much towels made into shirts, but at the same time a bit stretchy. feels a little weird against the skin. size up or bust.

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed May 21, 2014 1:15 pm

Thats probably chenille and more likely looks 90s to me.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Wed May 21, 2014 5:05 pm

Not so much true vintage as vintage styling, I picked these up last year. Its not for everyone but I love the styling (smiling).

I really love the sleekness offered by the combination of the pointed toe and the center seam.

WikiZuHeltzer

Postby donut_milk » Wed May 21, 2014 5:46 pm

These aren't garments yet but I am looking forward to making these. Found these patterns at a thrift shop back home while visiting. Usually these types of patterns are hard to find in bigger cities, resorting to eBay, but there's a whole bookshelf full of them. Only .10-.25c each! I really like McCall's 2461 in the yellow and the shift dresses on Simplicity 7670. May have to modify some of these once I get going.

donut_milk

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Thu May 22, 2014 9:23 am

Oh man just went out in the rain and remembered I have this as well:

Millets by Peter Storm

It was my dads, he got it either in the early 90s/late 80s I think. Its absolutely HUGE the reason he gave it to me was because it was too big and he'd got himself a new one that fit better. Its surprisingly warm and very dry unless its really coming down.

WikiZuHeltzer

Postby eskdc » Thu May 22, 2014 10:38 am

I have a feeling I'll be +repping everything in this thread

eskdc

Postby thatbiglake » Thu May 22, 2014 9:15 pm

nn

Last edited by thatbiglake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatbiglake

Postby vgtbls » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:42 pm

Picked up an Issey Miyake shirt today, year and origin unknown. I like the vertical pocket.

vgtbls

Postby exprof » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:44 pm

My pin collection is growing... Mishka Bear from 1980 Moscow Olympics, vintage peace sign pin, BLESS pin and vintage house?? pin. Bonus antique skeleton key! :woop:

exprof

Postby popcorn » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:51 am

I don't live in a town with good thrift stores (we're just getting our first J. Crew) but I am always happy to find pieces with a cute story. :^)

I really love this one. I'm assuming it's from the ~1950's before Abercrombie & Fitch stopped being a NYC store, swapped hands and became a huge company, which seems more likely because the only time I could see Denmark being contracted for labor is just after WWII when they were recovering. It's a huge wool Norwegian fair isle (Norwegian) sweater and it's so itchy and thick that I couldn't find the day to wear it this Spring. I think I'll layer it in some days in Winter.

I also have a small shirt from Banana Republic, and judging from the theme of the tag, this is definitely before the Gap seized them, so it's 31+ years old, making it at least nearly double my age. It's also withstanding a kool-aid stain probably also my age. The fit is quizzical, the body is short and wide, and the sleeves fall before my wrists. I wear it as an overshirt with a white tee. :^) Also, in reference to the thread title, the collar is huge and not a buttondown.

popcorn

Postby Yoder » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:22 pm

Mom was asking me about rain coats for school and I dug this old joint up out of the closet.

Legend has it that the bassist of 311, P-nut, wore this during his shows on tour sometime in the 90s to keep the rain off.

my old man could just be fucking with me though to make sure I stay dry, who knows

Yoder

Return to Tags