[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - De Antwerpse Zes - Belgische Modeontwerpers

De Antwerpse Zes - Belgische Modeontwerpers

Clothes

Re: De Antwerpse Zes - Belgische Modeontwerpers

Postby can- » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:02 pm

Margiela FW09

can-

Postby germinal » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:41 am

Belgian Fashion Design

lmk if you want pics of anything in particular (click to embiggen)

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Syeknom » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:46 am

Wow, that looks thorough.

Is it easy to get a hold of that one?

Syeknom

Postby germinal » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:00 am

it's fantastic. a little patchy in that there's loads on some designers, Margiela and WvB especially, but on others there's a only a few pictures. i'll take a few pictures to show what the content's like

£250 new, £30 used on amazon
i got mine on y!jp

germinal
Garminlad

Postby germinal » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:46 am

germinal
Garminlad

Postby germinal » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:55 pm

germinal
Garminlad

Postby sknss » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:31 pm

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby germinal » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:55 am

sorry for shite photos, wish i had a scanner

androgyny:

the antwerp six, sans marina yee:

dirk van saene:

dirk bikkembergs:

ann demeulemeester:

walter van beirendonck

dries van noten

germinal
Garminlad

Postby can- » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:59 am

whats the deal with bikkembergs? hes like a yoox phenomenon.

can-

Postby Syeknom » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:15 am

Back in the day apparently these boots were very popular among a certain crowd:

The lace goes through a hole in the heel, very distinctive. Saw some on the metro the other day. My girlfriend owned a pair when she was a teenager along with docs.

Nowadays Bikkembergs mostly seems to do football clothing.

Syeknom

Postby can- » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:27 pm

Maison Martin Margiela for view on Colour 04/02/1998

(BEGINS)

WHAT IS COLOUR?
An intensity, a temperature, a clash, a harmony.
AND
HOW DO YOU USE IT?
When it asks.
WHAT IS BLACK?
An absence, a presence, a mood, a mantle.
WHAT IS RED?
A blush, a flush, a fever, a command.
WHAT IS SKIN?
A protection.
WHAT IS FABRIC?
A medium.
WHAT IS TEXTURE?
A result of time.
WHAT IS CONSTRUCTION?
A means to an end.
WHAT IS FUNCTION?
A reply to a need.
WHAT IS ART?
A need to reply.
WHAT IS CRAFTMANSHIP?
A fruit of time.
WHAT IS CLOTHING?
The final layer.
WHAT IS FASHION?
A series of propositions.
WHAT IS RECYCLING?
Another chance.
HOW DOES RECYCLING FIT INTO YOUR WORK?
By nature.
HOW DOES A CONCEPT DEVELOP AT MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA?
Time, a question, a reply.
HOW DOES A CONCEPT DEVELOP AT HERMES?
Time, another question, another reply.
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DEVELOP? BESIDES CLOTHING?
An understanding.
WHAT WORDS DO YOU LIVE BY?
We.

(ENDS)

can-

Postby Syeknom » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:25 am

Hardcore prices though.

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:41 pm

i-D interview with Ann Demeulermeester, 1999

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:43 pm

on Stylezeitgeist - good look through given the recent announcement.

Queen Mathilde of Belgium wearing Ann:

Happy Ann

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:53 pm

Also: Margiela store in Brussels apparently after the H&M collab was released.

Syeknom

Postby sknss » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:20 pm

dammit kidult

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby can- » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:23 pm

I finally saw the label on a mmm hm item. pretty ghastly

can-

Postby ramseames » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:25 pm

Pics? I can imagine it being like 3 different ways.

ramseames

Postby Syeknom » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:41 am

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:09 pm

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:54 am

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:04 pm

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:20 pm

Syeknom

Postby Mippipopolous » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:45 pm

Thanks for sharing, Syek! Hadn't seen it on SF yet. I love how he describes his clothes as "friendly", there really is something subtly gregarious about his clothing. It's interesting and unique, but in quiet and somewhat unassuming way. I think that's why Schneider connects with me so much, it reflects how I myself would like to be seen ideally. I think he definitely accomplishes his goals in terms of his clothing not coming off as cold or distant, and again, that's probably a reason it appeals to me. I just don't have the attitude to pull off the haughty distance thing haha, so something like Schneider just seems to fit. Agree with you on the visually underwhelming element being interesting, because that's really all my experience with Schneider is at that point and yet I already am beginning to love him. In the middle of absolutely nowhere out here, I'm probably a thousand miles from any Schneider stockist, so I've only really been able to connect with it visually, never been able to really experience the tactility of his work that gets everyone so excited. And that makes me excited because it seems like I'll only like him more and more! Really can't wait to start picking up pieces from him, on the hunt now for stuff now!

Mippipopolous

Postby rublev » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:15 pm

Great thread and information! Excellent. I went to Antwerp and Brussels at the start of last month and had a great time. Managed to go to both the 50 and 350 year celebrations in Antwerp, as well as a good wander round the old town and fashion quarter. In Brussels, more walking, cafes, visited Hunting and Collecting, Christmas markets etc... I had a great time! Really want to go back, maybe the end of this month or the start of February. Here are some of my photos from my trip. All with just the iPhone. I'll have some from two film cameras once i actually finish the rolls. Anyway, hopefully some of you might enjoy these.

Image Image
Wijnants print from a pair of silk trousers and the ceiling in a cafe in Brussels (beautiful)

Image Image
Fountain in Brussels and more Wijnants (and a Lemaire coat far right)

Image Image
Kenzo stuff and looking inside Vrijdagmarkt 6 in Antwerp (great discount store with all the Belgian designers)

Image Image
Don't remember who this was but loved the colour / texture. Also - the outside of the Ethiopian coffee house Aksum (great coffee!)

Image Image
Close up of a carpet hanging outside a store in Antwerp. Also something from MoMu

Image Image
Tasty treats yum yum yummy... also, Rubens

Image Image
I think this was the floor of Rubens house. The other was just some very pretty tiling and coloured glass i liked

Inside Momu

Inside the Schneider store

Image Image
A poster for the Academy exhibition and the inside of the Comme store in Antwerp (wanted to go in but looked pretty exclusive)

Image Image
Outside the Schneider store and the Dries store

Image Image
Cezanne book i bought in Brussels and a cafe just round the corner from the Dries store where i had a great breakfast

That's enough for now! I bought the Academy 50 year book, and can post some images of that. I'll have more from my film cameras once they're finished as well.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby Syeknom » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:45 pm

Had a long day/evening in Antwerp. Saw Stephan Schneider in person (didn't say hi though) and several of his clothes.

Syeknom

Postby germinal » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:46 pm

fans of dries van noten should go over to superfashion right now :0) woof

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Syeknom » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:48 pm

Woooah that's a lot to get through!

Got this bad boy, germinal! In cotton not the silk version Liberty had.

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:52 pm

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:19 pm

Syeknom

PreviousNext

Return to Tags