[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - De Antwerpse Zes - Belgische Modeontwerpers

De Antwerpse Zes - Belgische Modeontwerpers

Clothes

De Antwerpse Zes - Belgische Modeontwerpers

Postby Syeknom » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:08 pm

Last edited by Syeknom on Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syeknom

Re: De Antwerpse Zes - Belgische Modeontwerpers

Postby germinal » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:18 pm

i shall take some photos/scans and lift some of the articles from ^this when i have time

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Syeknom » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:19 pm

Please do!

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:42 am

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:26 am

Syeknom

Postby adhi » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:35 pm

quick question:

what does graduating at the 'top of your class' at antwerp specifically entail? you had the highest grades? do they have gpa's or something similar?

adhi

Postby Syeknom » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:32 am

I don't know about the academy specifically but in Belgian universities you get a mark out of 20 for each assignment/exam which go towards your overall marks for the class (weighted accordingly). These get aggregated into a final score (%) for the year/degree and the corresponding Latin honours. Graduating top of your class probably just means the highest marks out of the rest of your class/year (i.e. you got higher marks than everyone else).

American GPA stuff confuses me.

Syeknom

Postby hunnish » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:06 am

American GPA: every assignment is given a grade (either A, B, C, D, or F) with each corresponding to a numeric value (A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, F=0). The weight of these marks is determined by the importance of the assignment, as is done in any grading system, and the grades' point values are all averaged together with respect to weight. This determines your final GPA, which in a non-weighted curriculum will never exceed 4.0. Some schools use a weighted curriculum in which classes that are Honors or AP will be averaged differently in order to account for the increase in difficulty. This is what leads to some GPAs going as high as 5.0 (if the student took entirely advanced classes and received straight A's).

hunnish

Postby bels » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:10 am

I like the idea of weighted classes. I remember a lot of people avoiding certain classes because they were "hard"

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:32 am

I remember a lot of people avoiding them because the classes were at 8am or they were lazy, underachieving fucks (me)

Weighted courses seem like a good idea though, it's lame to scrape through categorically hard classes and breeze easier ones to come out with a pretty good score.

Syeknom

Postby hunnish » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:42 am

Yeah, the only issue with that is courses that were Honors and courses that were AP were weighted the same amount above regular courses, despite that fact that an honors course is infinitely easier than AP and does not require a final exam in some cases. This lead to abuse in our school where some students took solely honors classes so that it would boost their GPA. The girl who is #6 in our class of 292 only took one AP course in Junior year and she nearly failed every test.

It's easy to fix but the school board is too stubborn.

hunnish

Postby Syeknom » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Good Schneider stuff on

How good are these?

Syeknom

Postby bels » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:38 pm

Sick

Modeontwerper is my new go to insult.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:45 pm

It's a devastating one!

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:24 am

Syeknom

Postby sknss » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:38 pm

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby bels » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:06 pm

fuck me that is not what I thought he would look like.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sknss » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:34 pm

did you think he'd look like

sknss

Postby germinal » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:30 pm

germinal
Garminlad

Postby starfox64 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:05 pm

"I love Gwanghwamun street in Seoul, South Korea. It's located on a really busy traffic point, but in the middle of all the hecticness lays a beautiful traditional Korean palace. In the background you see a mountain, and around the palace area are small galleries and modern museums."

This is my favorite street here as well.

are there scans of I-D available online?

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby sknss » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:08 pm

i found many i-D scans on vfiles a while ago but registration is mandatory now and cba

sknss

Postby Syeknom » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:48 am

Tried on a paisley Dries Van Noten shirt today and I'm in love, perfect fit, lightweight fabric, beautiful pattern and dark rich colour. Definitely to buy.

Also tried on but Dries suit sizes don't agree with me. 48 (my normal) is too big in the shoulders, 46 is too small all over.

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:42 am

have some pieces from the new Schneider season arrive. Still waiting for the rest of the collection before making any judgements but the individual pieces are a lot more interesting than the lookbook photos made them out to be.

Made in Belgium, 70% wool, 9% alpaca, 9% mohair and 6% nylon

Made in Belgium, 90% wool, 10% cashmere

Made in Belgium, 60% wool, 25% mohair, 15% nylon

Syeknom

Postby starfox64 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:00 am

really like that second one but its already sold out in my size.

would like to get some schneider sweaters but i think this year my money for knits is going elsewhere. alas.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby Syeknom » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:08 am

Where is it going to?

Syeknom

Postby bels » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:29 am

Oversized belted nonnative cardigan that he hates.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby starfox64 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:52 am

inverallan, actually

starfox64

Postby Syeknom » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:02 pm

More Schneider stuff on , this coat is great:

Quite like these trousers too:

Syeknom

Postby germinal » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:38 am

"the stephan schneider thread"

margiela

margiela aw '92

styling by margiela, photo by stoops

branquinho aw '99

margiela jacket

persoons aw '02

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Syeknom » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:45 am

Good stuff

Just got a book on early Van Noten, going to write up a post soonish.

I'm not familiar with Veronique Branquinho, what's she about?

Syeknom

Next

Return to Tags