[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - about a girl

about a girl

Clothes

Re: about a girl

Postby popcorn » Sun May 18, 2014 5:46 pm

I remember spending 30 minutes on mill mercantile wishing there was a men's website that cool before realizing it was womens' Unionmade

popcorn

Postby exprof » Sun May 18, 2014 5:51 pm

yes! it's similar to a consignment shop, except there are clothes in various sizes and the prices are higher. I've never thought of it that way.

actually there is a mens counterpart, it's called

exprof

Postby popcorn » Sun May 18, 2014 6:04 pm

popcorn

Postby exprof » Sun May 18, 2014 6:30 pm

Woops, I just assumed they were sister stores because of the website design... ! My bad, heh. Probably just hired the same web designer~

And heh that's cool, as much as I like visvim I feel like FBT's have run their course... >.>

exprof

Postby popcorn » Sun May 18, 2014 6:59 pm

yeah, definitely not the thread to talk about this, but I think you're right about FBT's. Kanye was too much for them, and John Mayer too little for anything else.

I'm just hoping all the traction visvim is getting will inspire visvim to come up with more unique models, I'm kinda infatuated with grizzlies.

popcorn

Postby exprof » Sun May 18, 2014 7:04 pm

I really love visvim boots, I wish they made the patrician boots for women. Speaking of which, here's some visvim 14 WMV: (would love the pharell style hat)

exprof

Postby popcorn » Sun May 18, 2014 7:19 pm

A friend of mine described SS14 as "Amish Final Fantasy" and I love it so much. I really like the indigo coat the blonde girl models.

I'd really, really like this jacket (not so sure about the bells?)

I also love the color in this vest. Reminds me of a Junya Watanbe model in one of his puffy patchwork chore coats with a down vest over it, though I don't think JW had patchwork vests last fw?

popcorn

Postby schiaparelli » Fri May 23, 2014 11:18 pm

i am currently struggling with summer sandals so i'm just gonna dump all my findings in here if that's ok. omitting birkenstocks and the apiece apart sandals so beloved by charybdis because i generally assume people know about those things.

(~$100 USD) are surprisingly popular. i feel they are appreciated by people who want to go for minimalist-but-safely conventional. i flip between thinking "metallic heel is cool" and "metallic heel is garish". i definitely am not a fan of the buckle, so large. buckles are the worst part of sandal-shopping.

(~$40 USD) is an etsy shop that is basically ancient greek sandals for cheap. tons of different kinds. the cheap part of me is v. excited by these.

(~$60) have that nice kind of angled-sweepy-few-large-straps thing that i enjoy. i think i don't like delicate straps and i don't like having very many straps, it seems too visually taxing to process when i look at them.

ImageImage

(~$350 USD) i really love even though they're kind of awkward, and this is probably due to me repressing my prada creepers love for so many goddamn years. big fan of high espadrille soles/heels, and luckily for that aesthetic there are a lot of good cheap/mall-brand/high street options for espadrille wedges. not that many flat espadrille platforms, though.

(~$whatever it takes to fly to athens + sandal cost) are another option in the ancient-greek-sandals-y category except these are 150% more greek if you want to be snobby about it. hand-made and custom-fitted. they even have adorable greek names (aeolian left, thebes right)

ImageImage

are a nice reminder that charlotte olympia can do other cute whimsical stuff besides cat flats. i'm so excited for these but haven't found that many pictures of people wearing them.

schiaparelli

Postby schiaparelli » Fri May 23, 2014 11:55 pm

guys i'm so excited i have to post more. i'm sorry i keep on double-posting. this post is all about INTERESTING BRAS. was checking out steven alan sale on 's rec and found the first brand below, and that prompted me to scour up pictures of my other favorites:

. please note the swimsuit-y things below are actually bodysuits, ok

ImageImage

does really cute/sweet/adorably sexy stuff but every once in a while they have sporty straps and the juxtaposition is so interesting. their longline stuff is great.

ImageImageImageImage

VPL NYC. you guys, they are literally the coolest so i need to post them again (also their runway collections are not bad at all, very interesting; posted some pictures earlier in here).

ImageImageImage

spring 2013 had some really amazing colorways and i'm still mad i didn't buy any. i thought about it for months and months~ these are the ones i was hung up on. i saved the images to my pinterest so i can mourn my lost opportunity forever

ImageImageImage

by BKLYN noir and one teaspoon.

ImageImage

schiaparelli

Postby bottlebrush » Sun May 25, 2014 6:23 am

i dont like things too clean, or unmistakingly trendiod (see: poms earings being the must have for every girl in melbourne)

i believe in hinting femininity or masculinity in an outfit that speaks the opposite

i dont believe in bras as an everyday necessity

ImageImageImageImageImage

bottlebrush

Postby charybdis » Thu May 29, 2014 1:11 am

Let's talk about bags.

and both got me into building block, and more precisely the .

Although I think that the is cool too.

Also think the Issac Reina is really nice. I've seen it in person and it is wonderful and I like the fact that his slogan is "no innovation at any cost."

Also, because I sometimes like slightly kitschy things (I carried around a hello kitty backpack until junior high and then a le sport sac tote covered in bunnies until college), Although syek has told me it's awful.

I wonder if the appeal of this bag partially comes from how good it looks worn with a wool coat of the same color/material?

(Digest makes some really cool coats though. I kinda want one.)

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby papabear » Thu May 29, 2014 5:47 pm

I saw these on tumblr. A lot of girls wear cute things but these are just like the pinnacle of cuteness. I wish there was a male version of these.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

papabear

Postby exprof » Thu May 29, 2014 10:37 pm

Some cute I can handle but it still kinda creeps me out when a 25 year old woman is dressing like a 10 year old school girl

exprof

Postby kyung » Thu May 29, 2014 11:15 pm

i wish i could be a petite asian woman and fit into clothes

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby exprof » Thu May 29, 2014 11:30 pm

There's this store in japan called . The shopkeepers post fits pretty regularly (guys fits are great too!) , some really great ones:

exprof

Postby WHAT_A_BEAUTIFUL_DUWANG » Fri May 30, 2014 11:03 pm

ahhh I love that girl from 1LDK (I think her name is Ohno? ...I just refer to her as 1LDK Girl in my head...)

Here are some pics I saved from this winter:

Some of her outfits kind of remind me of instagram user .

Speaking of Japanese outfit-documenter-bloggers-whatever, does anyone else have any favorite wear.jp users?

WHAT_A_BEAUTIFUL_DUWANG

Postby exprof » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:27 am

Speaking of favourite bloggers/fits, my favourite blogger by far is Mina from :-) Please post favourite bloggers, would love to see some new faces.

exprof

Postby thatbiglake » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:29 am

nn

Last edited by thatbiglake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatbiglake

Postby exprof » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:35 am

Woop woop swimsuit season! Post some cool swimsuits.

Stella McCartney Adidas

More stella

exprof

Postby bottlebrush » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:24 am

filles a papa

base range

i hate bikinis but if i was held at gunpoint...
cos

beach riot

i want these ashish x ts towels

sandals for good measure..

suicoke

bottlebrush

Postby chadnik » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:46 pm

If I get a suit this season, it's probably going to be this Base Range one:

Also liked these Araks pieces (I'm boring):

And intrigued by this Rick suit—don't see a lot of actual draping in bathing suits (way too much ruching though).

But tbh bathing suits aren't usually a super pressing stylistic need, I usually just default to good ol' black American Apparel bikini.

chadnik

Postby sunblam » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:53 am

Suits! I really wish that there was more sleeve variation in swimsuits—I feel like too little attention goes into sleeve/upper torso suit design. The Rick draped suit is nice, but I feel like it's more of a dry land swimsuit. . .if you wore it in the water, the draping get pushed around and flattened out and etc.

Mikoh

I also enjoy these fish.
Kenzo

Overall, I feel like buying a ~fancy/high quality bathing suit isn't the top of my priorities, because it's so seasonal and only ends up getting worn a few times a year. If your style changes in a few years, then your suit might have cost you like $50 per use (if you go to the pool as infrequently as I) (let's face it the "you" here is me) (I would have paid $50 per use not happening).

Hello hello
I love you I love you
(maybe)
sunblam

Postby WHAT_A_BEAUTIFUL_DUWANG » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:23 pm

re bloggers...don't really have any favorites/don't follow closely, but here are some recent fits I really like:

in paul harnden

not-very-detailed pic of sirui ma in yohji

WHAT_A_BEAUTIFUL_DUWANG

Postby charybdis » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:57 pm

In honor of nee insatiablerealist, let's talk about makeup and all the other things we put on our faces?

She and sorta inspired me to try out purplish lipstick and I've been wearing it a lot lately because sometimes I feel like having short hair makes me look a little too precious.

charybdis

Postby chadnik » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:27 pm

This could technically be in the makeup thread I guess, but the line is obviously blurred. In /insatiablerealist's recent style interview on FFA she talked about purple and black lipstick as de-prettifying, and that's something I've been thinking about lately too, taking traditionally "sexy" choices in body adornment (lipstick, exposed skin, heels, etc.) and stripping them of their original intent. Maybe through varying the form (semi-ugly heels that don't really fetishize the foot, like high-vamp shoes like these ), or maybe through combining them with aesthetic choices not popularly thought to jibe with female sexiness (like a cleavage-baring top and hairy armpits, or the way Paz de la Huerta often looks like an alien god because she doesn't "balance" her eye makeup when wearing a strong lip: )

chadnik

Postby exprof » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:37 pm

I'd say half the time I'm super lazy and wear no makeup + glasses and the other half of the time I like to cat eye/contour. It all depends on what time I wake up, though I admit I have finally got my makeup routine down to 10 minutes when it used to easily take 45. Sunscreen is super essential every day though so I tend to opt out of face makeup in the summer so I can effectively reapply.

My current favourite products:
- Tarte's Blush in Exposed: really natural looking colour
- Mac's fluidline + 266 brush: best and easiest cat eye application
- Mac's plumful, such a nice lipstick with tanned skin.

lipstick queen get in here :]

exprof

Postby yetheist » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:52 pm

I love unpretty lipstick and makeup in general, sometimes do brows + purple contour + dark lipstick with no eye makeup if i wanna look really fucking weird. I feel like if I'm wearing a lot of white (which I have been doing lately) I need to wear dark lipstick so I don't look too beach family photo

related, I just got a lavender lipstick that's a lot nicer than my nyx one and i'm stoked to have a purple that feels summer-appropriate

yetheist

Postby yetheist » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:54 pm

Also @charybdis (is this how I do the at or is this weird) it's weird that you feel like short hair is precious-ifying because I felt like cutting my hair REALLY helped me look less like I was playing dress up

yetheist

Postby charybdis » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:22 pm

IMO, that thread is more focused on runway makeup and this one is more of a general women's clothing/style discussion. As chadnik said, the lines are a bit blurred though.

Yes.

I think that sometimes women's fashion is thought of entirely in the context if what is prettier or sexier (see: all the people who describe wanting to dress better in terms of being "girlier"). I'm thinking about all those where the end result is seen as "better." I'm not gonna lie, I love makeover montages, I think there's something about the idea that if you just wore the right clothes, everything would fall in line and you would meet prince charming at the end of the rainbow or something.

I remember once hearing someone make fun of this girl (who was indian) for having a unibrow and I think despite all that lip service we give to like, Frida Kahlo, we still have these unassailable standards of what is beautiful.

ugh, your short hair is so lovely. I think my insecurity stems from the fact that the bob is a common fob/cutesy asian hairstyle—although usually that's with bangs.

charybdis

Postby kewks » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:39 pm

i feel naked without lipstick or eyebrows filled in
for makeup i usually just wear regular face stuff (foundation, concealer, blush, highlighter, contour), eyebrows and mascara. have never really been great at eye makeup and i'm not going to wear that on a daily basis anyways

kewks

PreviousNext

Return to Tags