[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - DANA LEE (safesearch is ON)

DANA LEE (safesearch is ON)

Clothes

Re: DANA LEE (safesearch is ON)

Postby zayg » Fri May 23, 2014 10:07 am

Similarly to most of c-t, I really like Dana and I see her stuff blowing up big time within the next year. I'd love to wear it but it is out of my price range at the moment. That isn't to say it is overpriced though, as I think she might be one of the (if not the) most well priced designers out there. I'm just broke these days and would rather spend my money on beer.

I really dig how so much of her clothes remind me of something that Morty Seinfeld would wear down in Del Boca Vista, yet still looks cool due to interesting details and modern-ish cuts.

zayg

Postby starfox64 » Fri May 23, 2014 10:24 am

WIWT:

how many other people own this shirt?

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby Yoder » Fri May 23, 2014 12:56 pm

Dana gives me a feeling of cool that not many other designers succeed in doing that.

Half of that is probably our lame sector of the internet being influential and a positive feedback loop in that nature.

It also feels like something that anyone can wear and pull off, even the more out there prints.

Yoder

Postby CleanThug » Fri May 23, 2014 5:00 pm

Ordered some Walking shorts a little bit ago. This is the type of thing that makes me want to order from a company

everything was packaged nice and I was happy until I tried them on.

the flair is pretty funny, but I deducted they sent me the wrong size (32 instead of 30). Just sent them back and emailed them so i'll see how customer service is

CleanThug

Postby sknss » Fri May 23, 2014 5:34 pm

I heard dana wrote me a love letter but i've yet to see it

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby cormac » Fri May 23, 2014 5:57 pm

I also got one of those notes

I feel like the mum print has become an iconic piece of sorts, at least around the sites I regularly visit. I ordered some stock chinos too which i am currently waiting on. Overall, Dana's pieces feel comfortable and effortless, at least for me, while still retaining an adequate level of visual interest and detail.

cormac

Postby thatbiglake » Fri May 23, 2014 6:05 pm

nn

Last edited by thatbiglake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatbiglake

Postby raags » Sat May 24, 2014 6:08 am

Dana Lee is a designer that much like EG, I'd never wear, but I think her work is so cool and easy and it would suit a lot of people who aren't into "fashion" so well. It's really nice that her stuff is priced so affordably too! Hooray for Dana

raags
Best Dressed

Postby balloons » Sat May 24, 2014 5:43 pm

^agreed; I feel like if I were trying to teach a friend how to appreciate clothing beyond the scope of what you can get at the mall or asos or whatever, I'd use dana lee as an example. there's a clear and accessible aesthetic being conveyed, the lookbook isn't too out there, the site isn't designed in a way where it's really obtuse and confusing, it's pretty easy to explain what distinguishes some pieces ("dana lee uses interest materials here", etc), and the prices aren't so high that I'd have to field a bunch of questions about that like "wtf why is this shirt $900?" that I might run into if I started with saint laurent or something.

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby hunnish » Thu May 29, 2014 7:35 pm

Her last couple S/S options have been pretty lazy in that they're carbon copies of the previous season, but with color changes. Hopefully she has a F/W collection this year and brings back her knits and outerwear and is able to bring more variety to next year's S/S.

her spring blazers were nice

her colors are interesting (with such pleasant names: jute, oyster, wintergreen, molasses, etc)

the knits were super cool

and she had some damn good coats

hunnish

Postby CleanThug » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:11 pm

can you talk more about why you like dana so much? I've seen other people wearing and liking her stuff, but you were the first poster to seem completely infatuated with her clothes. People who like her have their own reasons, what are yours?

CleanThug

Postby charybdis » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:34 pm

I quite like the sort of unisex jizz that dana's clothes and lookbooks have, although I think that her clothes on women tend to have a different jizz. They're kind of how I want to look in the summer.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby prawnzee » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:55 am

I just want to look like an 80's vacuumcleaner salesman

prawnzee

Postby CleanThug » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:08 am

CleanThug

Postby frogosaurus » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:40 pm

Anyone have any ideas as to when the rest of FW14 will be available? There's a handful of basics up now but I'd assume there's more on the way.

frogosaurus

Postby CleanThug » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:18 pm

Not quite sure when the site itself will drop the rest but after some hunting a couple of retailers have stock up now:

http://www.wardrobe19.com/brands/dana-lee (little bit of shirting here)

http://beaubienstore.com/collections/dana-lee (cardigan looks fantastic)

http://understudyshop.com/collections/d ... verseprint

I keep meaning to email them about when everything will drop but forgetting

CleanThug

Postby CleanThug » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:14 pm

some more items dropped on the webstore:

-sweats (slimmer this season apparently)

-mac coat

-cardigans

also a teddy jacket in s appeared magically. should I sell my waffle and use the proceeds for that?

CleanThug

Postby Ques » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:19 pm

just googled dana lee in class

god damnit

Ques

Postby meatjacket » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:55 am

whos an m in dana

meatjacket

Postby fun_yunchables » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:28 pm

i'm seeing dana crop up in a lot of places now, it's pretty cool to see. started listening to new music, guess what? ss12 on the album cover

local shop started stocking dana too and the ochre cardigan looks really neat

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby CleanThug » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:07 am

during my search for a mum print, I ended up getting in contact with dana herself. there were none in my size so I also inquired about a couple other things I was looking for (alpaca deck jacket, namely). unfortunately their alpaca source shut down so they were unable to complete their production on that this season. really a bummer, and no more coats this season either :(

in other news I have some dry chinos and a sweat coming so i'll let you guys know how the new sizing is. also scored a hopsack off rak on the cheap :woop:

CleanThug

Postby meatjacket » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:13 pm

dana followed me on ig

warm feelings

meatjacket

Postby frogosaurus » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:42 pm

What're your thoughts on /experiences with the different chino cuts from Dana? Trying to decide what I want to start with.

frogosaurus

Postby CleanThug » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:14 pm

Depends what your looking for honestly. Wrt fit, weight, feel etc.

As a winter pant I'm all about the Dry Chinos but I haven't tried smart chinos yet...

CleanThug

Postby frogosaurus » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:33 pm

I'm looking for a looser trouser and am considering the stock chino, but it's not clear to me how loose they are, and what sort of taper and shape they have.

frogosaurus

Postby bhajz » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:38 pm

im wearing them here

Image Image

and zormaan is wearing them here

bhajz

Postby frogosaurus » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:40 pm

Some nice prices on Dana @ Unionmade, think this is the first place this season's gone on sale

http://unionmadegoods.com/brands/dana-lee/

frogosaurus

Postby jrisk » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:56 pm

40% off dana lee just started on her webstore too

jrisk

Postby CleanThug » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:28 pm

new cardigans are great, especially at the current price point. highly recommend for someone in the market for a knit

pics to come

CleanThug

Postby meatjacket » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:54 pm

Traded dana 4 dana, I gave my cashmere molasses sweat in exchange for her castaway shirt in light blue. (fun fact: dude i traded it with also sold me my first dana piece ever)

I love it so much more than the sweat. :woop: The sweat was soft and warm and crazy comfortable, but it was a color i didn't work well with so i barely wore it.

This castaway shirt is like a lightweight sanded denim and it fits slim like my gitman. It's got like a frayed placket and nice texture to it and i love the way it looks with just about anything

thanks again @hig!

meatjacket

Next

Return to Tags