[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - T-Shirt Design competiton

T-Shirt Design competiton

Clothes

T-Shirt Design competiton

Postby rjbman » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:58 pm

Per the discussion in custom order/group buy, this will be a thread for t-shirt design ideas.

Let's set the deadline to July 13th at 11:59 PM EST. After that I'll collect all the submissions and will hold a poll, and we'll figure out where to go from there.

While there are no strict submission rules, keep in mind that if your design is chosen but does not meet whatever print requirements needed, you'll need to work on fixing that so that we can actually use it. Perhaps a design major or someone with experience printing tees can chime in with those requirements.

Remember, there is no such thing as caring too much!

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Re: T-Shirt Design competiton

Postby stappard_ » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:01 pm

Might be good to provide a standard template for ease of comparison?

stappard_

Postby Whype » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:09 pm

ok, i had a go using only my limited knowledge of how to operate gimp

idk if the bottom tag is visible but it says:
"NAME:_______________
USERNAME:___________
[ ] LOG ON AUTOMATIC
[ ] HIDE ONLINE STATUS"

Whype

Postby rjbman » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Here's a template people can use (you don't have to, and can change the color if you want, etc.)

rjbman

Postby Yoder » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:01 pm

Would it be easier to narrow down the poll based on rep voting? like top 3 or 5 designs based on rep can be voted on? might not be necessary.

Yoder

Postby parastexis » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:13 am

just noticed this thread

close up of graphic

parastexis

Postby forestfeet » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:32 am

Just gonna chime in here with some thoughts on printing and setting up files.

So I screenprint and do graphic design. I'm assuming the final design would probably be screenprinted onto t shirts, because that's (generally) the easiest and cheapest method. The main thing to think about with screenprinting is that every color is a different layer, and each layer costs extra, so keeping designs at 1-4 colors is usually best, although more is certainly not impossible or even implausible. Another thing to remember is that screenprinting doesn't pick up gradients without a halftone. Basically since the screen is exposed using a photo emulsion method, you need to make any grayscale gradient into a series of tiny dots or multiple layers of grays, otherwise it will be one black blob.

You can make screenprinted transparencies out of drawings, but it's best to scan the drawing and trace it in illustrator to get really clean vector lines that can be scaled to any point without getting overly pixelated.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys design!

forestfeet

Postby mc-lunar » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:01 am

, , and everybody else whose design is yet to be submitted: how does the possibility of not putting the design front and center of the tee sound? There's so much space where we can put a logo and I think it'd be interesting to see what we could do with that.

mc-lunar

Postby popcorn » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:06 am

I dunno, I kinda like the casual midling size of 's logo, it's not very loud or abrasive to the wearer or anyone around them, and it shows well with a light jacket

getting jiggy with it may come, but imposed creativity can be pretty toxic

popcorn

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:41 pm

Quick and dirty end of day photoshops while I wait for an email.

Or if you're feeling CRAZY:

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby germinal » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:02 pm

i would quite like a t-shirt printed with "C.T.O. First Anniversary Company Picnic // BBQ & Rounders Match"

perhaps with clip art of a bbq or scenic mountainside lake or a picnic

two teams, Care-tags Blue ® and Germinal Pink ®

germinal
Garminlad

Postby odradek » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:12 pm

possible bbq photos

odradek

Postby starfox64 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:38 pm

but is there going to be an actual bbq?

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby popcorn » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:10 pm

syeknom cancelled the actual bbq on the auspiciousness of us seeing his face

popcorn

Postby Yoder » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:34 pm

He'll have to wear a MMM? mask.

Yoder

Postby charybdis » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:05 pm

Speaking of which, C-T celebrates its first birthday soon! (On July 10th, I believe.)

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby rjbman » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:01 am

rjbman

Postby germinal » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:48 am

Tbh i really don't want something with care-tags or even care printed in big letters. That back graphic might work on its own though

germinal
Garminlad

Postby springles » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:14 am

springles

Postby windowflowers » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:39 pm

windowflowers

Postby rjbman » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:23 pm

Erm I think the deadline was a few days ago. I'll extend it to Sunday July 20th @ 11:59 EST, then we'll make a poll and see what if any people are interested in getting.

rjbman

Postby hooplah » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:21 pm

we need to be careful with the use of "Take Care"

i absolutely do not want to be mistaken for a drake fan

hooplah

Postby can- » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:02 pm

could be a drake fan but u playin

can-

Postby Tdv » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:51 am

More just concepts, also for copywrite purposes and so on it would be easier if someone here used their DSLR to take a similar picture, maybe of a tag from some high-end piece.

Tdv

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:22 am

Let's do an exquisite corpse and use that.

Please look up "exquisite corpse" before making any jokes about me wanting to 'do' dead people.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby CMYK » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:00 pm

Quick submission. It's in Illustrator, so let me know if I should clean it up, change it, ect.

(No Touching as per 's suggestion)

CMYK

Postby germinal » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:10 pm

a range of t-shirts with prints of neatly arranged care package contents

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Stingray Sam » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:53 pm

I don't believe I ever received my shirt

UPDATE: Shout out to for sorting this all out after so much time!

Stingray Sam

Postby CMYK » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:10 pm

Mine got sent to my school after I decided to graduate early. I can only hope a mail room employee now wears it proudly.

CMYK

Postby rjbman » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:37 am

rjbman

Next

Return to Tags