[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Take S. U. T. O. three times daily with food

Take S. U. T. O. three times daily with food

Clothes

Re: Best of WAYWT

Postby Syeknom » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:05 pm

They're one of several brands who are really closely associated with far-right skinheads, mods and football hooligans from decades ago. Even today they're still . Even without being associated with the far-right (which the brand themselves nor the overwhelming majority of their customers aren't) they're just really common in the uk and europe and can be looked down upon as a "chav" brand.

Nothing wrong with the clothes, they're just a brand burdened with pre-conceptions, judgement, and a difficult and distinctive legacy.

That association with tribes, gangs and youthful rage is obviously right up Raf's street hence their recurring collaborative collections.

Syeknom

Postby maj » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:17 pm

a lot of that sort of culture is being romanticized around a certain group, all be it without the negative connotations ignored (guilty of it myself to an extent) seeing a lot of the 'fashion' interested peers of mine pick it up and wear it in a mod way to some success. definitely noticing a shift as certain brands ignored in the 2000's era because of 80's/90's associations getting popular with the college/uni age range, a lot of european sportswear like si, lacoste, reebok to varying degrees of success. stuff i've handled of fred perry isn't half bad, especially the raf/laurel wreath line which has some great stuff

http://hypebeast.com/2013/9/fred-perry- ... collection

with their newer looks/advertising campaigns you can definitely feel like they're trying to appeal to a new audience and shake off the past. but old wounds cut deep to some i suppose.

mate of mine has this fp polo with a box pleat, looks sick.

maj

Postby Syeknom » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:25 pm

I do like that they don't rebrand/design a new logo/whatever - and don't exactly shy away from their heritage and identity either. It's fun how such a small, innocuous wreath logo can make such a dramatic impact on how one perceives a simple outfit - it can turn a boring outfit into something very mod or skin in a cool way quite swiftly. Same with the docs soles in certain fits, or burberry tartan.

Syeknom

Postby can- » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:35 pm

in America Fred perry is mostly known for popularizing/inventing pique polo shirts. similar legacy as Lacoste except Lacoste these days is worn to send a particular message mostly having to do with wealth, which is a shame because the brand and Rene were important for the sport, for defining sportswear in the 1900s and as a symbol of prep style.

I wonder what brands in the states are considered to have very strong connotations but are seen as neutral abroad?

Levi's is certainly 'known' very differently abroad but in the reverse-- here the arcs are iconic and revered but certainly not as a display of economic power.

can-

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:47 pm

FP is very different generationally in the UK. Some people might remember the old connotations, but I doubt younger generations do. In fact, they came up in conversation with a young twentysomething, recently who said he always thought they were born out of Britpop. Anyway, here's what I wore today.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby ramseames » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:00 pm

tell us about that jacket/noragi thing, it looks interesting.

ramseames

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:52 pm

Bought in Japan, it's odd and interesting, made of a waffle knit kind of cotton. It's indigo dyed and has some wear on it, and we've been using it as the basic pattern for our jacket, though we've tweaked it here and there. I like it because it's a good layering piece, and it looks either smart or casual based on what its paired with.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby thomaspaine » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:58 pm

I feel like I need to start layering more. Most of my day to day outfits are just button up + pants + shoes and it's a little boring.

thomaspaine

Postby starfox64 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:59 pm

gotta dress for the weather though.

what's the shirt?

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby JCM » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:26 am

JCM

Postby thomaspaine » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:32 am

^Beat me to it

thomaspaine

Postby midvh » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:33 am

i need to get a better camera

acne
acne
silent
carin wester
docs

midvh

Postby Satan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Your shoes look like jellybeans, son.

Satan

Postby maj » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:02 am

tnf/nike/cs/ub/rick

bonus shots

maj

Postby smiles » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:19 pm

twins maj
north face, adam kimmel, jls, raf

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby RycePooding » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:24 pm

You are both very cute.

RycePooding

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:13 pm

This is what I wore to that swing lesson. Bad shoe choice.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby odradek » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:46 pm

how does the bandanna work out? i feel like that thing would drive me crazy.

odradek

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:52 pm

I love bandanas, I dunno, it doesnt bother me. If, however, it has a loose weave it can pull at my neck hairs which does drive me mad. I used to wear one over my mouth when motorbiking, so it's pretty natural for me now.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby odradek » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:53 pm

i usually use one in favor of a scarf when riding my bicycle in the winter, but around the neck when it's warm enough to wear short sleeves just sounds like torture.

odradek

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:02 pm

It was more for pollution in Hanoi than anything else. But here I just like it, I dunno why, kind of 40's workweary and I thought I might need it if the dancing was really, uh... rigorous.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby adhi » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:57 pm

god dammit bobbin you make the rest of us feel as uninteresting as oatmeal

adhi

Postby bels » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:43 am

Said I was going to go full mono this a/w but ended up wearing this so I dunno. Was wearing it with my Rod Lavers but I think they're too small and I should shift them. Is anyone here a 7/6.5? I have two pairs of sneakers I could give them which are slightly too small for me.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:09 am

Full mono is hard.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby soundclip989 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:47 am

Several days ago

Nonnative/needles/thrift/eototo

soundclip989

Postby hunnish » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:02 pm

Sorry I can't take nice pictures.

hunnish

Postby ramseames » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:12 pm

YWhat bag is that/what are the boots?

ramseames

Postby hunnish » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:22 pm

vest - nonnative, shirt - undercoverism, pants - dana lee, shoes - fracap, bag - the north face (I think it's the "berkeley" edition for Oki-ni. I bought it used on r/mf)

hunnish

Postby fechner » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:55 am

Alpha Industries
Brooks Brothers
Levi's
Red WIng

Not sure how I feel about this one. Open to suggestions.

fechner

Postby thomaspaine » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:27 am

I like everything but the jacket, although it seems like something ben would like.

thomaspaine

PreviousNext

Return to Tags