[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Product packaging

Product packaging

Clothes

Product packaging

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:26 pm

Packaging is important. Katy and I bicker over it because I hate waste and she's passionately for bells and whistles.

My first great experience with packaging was when I bought a iMac in '04 and every single bloody box sat flush within another and it was all made so beautifully. Arguably one of the really good things about buying online is that it presents the retailer a chance to make a big WOW when you get your goods in a way which is problematic IRL.

Unboxing vids are a reality of the tech community for a reason - and I wont pretend I haven't watched a few in my time.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Re: Product packaging

Postby umbreyonce » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:53 pm

I have only had one experience with them, but Totokaelo's packaging is some of the most pleasing I have come across. Starting with the exterior - they have custom tape! Something simple and not too bold, but it's a first impression that really sets them apart. Then when you open the box the first thing you see is a galaxy-print pamphlet, which actually opens out to a useful list of fabrics and how to care for them. Under that, the garments are nicely wrapped (with decently weighted paper) and a hand-written card is included with a small note about the clothes (I think mine said "love the colors of these shirts and the linen will be great for summer.")

I think their presentation (and customer service, which is also top notch) adds a personal touch that sort of bridges the gap between online retailer and brick and mortar experience. You couldnt get to Totokaelo in person so they bring Totokaelo to you. Additionally, none of what they do seems that superfluous. The tape would be there anyway and the fold-out poster has a legitimate purpose (and they even have an option during checkout to use recycled packaging.)

Another thing that is nice about the poster/hand-written note, aside from looking pretty and being useful, is that they really make the transaction less about "purchasing from a store" and more about "what to do with your clothes." The focus is on how to care for your garments and how to work them into your closet rather than what you spent and "new things omg!" that just a receipt and a plastic bag tend to reinforce.

umbreyonce

Postby chilljin » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:59 pm

The first time I ordered from uniqlo they sent me a pack of jelly beans

I haven't had any jelly beans since :'(

chilljin

Postby chadnik » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:14 pm

Nice write-up—the last paragraph solidified for me why I love them so much. Totokaelo is one of the very few retailers I can think of that I will actually purchase from even if the item is a bit cheaper elsewhere. They're a model for how image/branding and customer service can come together in online shopping for a really positive experience that actually keeps you coming back. Also appreciate how their product photos always show the waistbands of the pants.

chadnik

Postby Suquida » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:15 am

Went to Darkside Initiative with and he bought a wtaps shirt, was really interested in the way it was packaged up. Put it in a manila envelope type thing with a bunch of taps-esque text all over, and googling the packaging shows even more than that. I like wtaps that much more now, kinda rare when the packaging clothing comes in can make you want to buy it more.

And this is the type of envelope his shirt came in

Suquida

Postby soveryspecial » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:06 am

started saving a lot of packaging for reference and definitely agree that expensive tech have the prettiest/ most expensive package design. even things like videocards or cpu heatsinks use expensive to produce stuff (slip covers, windows, uv/varnish spot coats, etc).

ln-cc had my favorite shipping packaging before... they used grey boxes (cloth type exterior) with a colorful friendship bracelet as a tab to pull the box out. they also included a friendship bracelet with your order too. i'd like to order from totokaelo but they usually don't stock my size...

as for uglier packaging, zam barrett has really clunky clothes tags. 1/8th piece of wood with a laser cut logo and the clothing info on the other side is in what looks like italicized papyrus (?!). blegh.

soveryspecial

Postby maj » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:42 am

maj

Postby chadnik » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:52 am

Packaging for Cosmic Wonder wallet was just what I wanted and nothing more:

slightly translucent paper

now it's time to

got it on sale for 50% off at Beautiful Dreamers but I think it's sold out now :(

chadnik

Postby Iliam » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:51 pm

mmm minimalism.

Iliam

Postby reedeeah » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:36 pm

Thought that the little whistle Aether sent along with my jacket was the cutest thing ever...branded tote and garment bag were a nice addition too.

reedeeah

Return to Tags