[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Bobbin and Katy's STORY mfg.

Bobbin and Katy's STORY mfg.

Clothes

Re: Bobbin and Katy's STORY mfg.

Postby JewTurk » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:21 pm

I would very much like to buy a print version of the lookbook.

Absolutely awesome clothes/shots/people.

JewTurk

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:58 pm

We're back (ish) from our mammoth dye trip! Updates soon!

P.s. if anyyone wants to ask anything about story, or message me in general - please email me at b@storymfg.com

The messaging system on here is so fiddly on the move and my inbox is perma-full. I'm sure I'm missing messages too but I keep having to delete them to make room for a que of others.

But yeah - we are taking things to the next level. Aside from some other projects were are putting together a little homeware offering which we're tentatively calling 'Story Hotel'.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby michaelmao » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:42 am

got myself some cool pants. everything is absolutely fantastic.

apologize for the blurry pic (hands might be getting shaky)

michaelmao

Postby bels » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:33 am

How long until Story releases the breton striped long sleeve t-shirt all their customers are screaming out for? Potential market is huge.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:55 pm

If (when) we do Heckawheel has naming rights.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:00 pm

I haven't updated in a while and I (wrongly) assume that most people keep up to date with our Instagram but I've been proved wrong.

New products:

Hats! Finally. We tried more times than we'd care to mention to make a Daisy Mae style hat here in the UK but it was a total failure. All samples we got back were horrific (really, really, really bad). We finally, miraculously tracked down the chap who repros them in thailand and hooked up with him. We'll be releasing those for preorder in collab as soon as we get sizes and timings (Ecru cotton herringbone).

Jeans! New jean type on its way - The British Jean. Modelled after ww2 denim fatigies the cut is wide with a sort of taper and an interestingly high rise and curved fly. One back pocket and great side pockets. Releasing in Ecru Handloom (it's fucking NICE) and possibly another colour but we aren't sure.

Pink and yellow Time Jackets! Or rather, just yellow. Pink sold out the day after we had them made. We have none left and I think only one more yellow. Yellow is amazing though and poss my fav so far.

The Artist! We worked with an ex-monk, current award winning textile artist in Thailand. It was essentially one of the main reasons we went. We got some fabric and are making some cool new things with it - the first being a brown ikat Time Jacket. Its unbelievable looking and will have to be more expensive than the regular Time Jacket just because the fabric was insanely expensive.

Homeware! Ceramics coming soon. Tablemats even sooner. Seaweed dyed bath towels in collab with the amazing Haeckels to follow.

Shoes... They were meant to be completed March, but I'm promised they're well under way. Complicated to do and time consuming all-round braiding must be proving a chore.

We're back off to India AGAIN in a few weeks. New dye processes.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby can- » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:15 pm

Haeckelwheel

can-

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:55 pm

Hat sizes are in. We'll open up orders for a short period and they should be made mid-may and sent out towards the end of May.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:17 pm

British Jeans are ready to order. Shop's been updated with new styling and pics. Heck's modelled some great looks.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby bels » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:33 pm

I typed story mfg into google and the autocomplete was like:

story mfg lookbook
story mfg clothing

and I misread it for a second and thought it said

story mfg cookbook

So I guess what I'm asking is, when is the cookbook dropping?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:31 pm

Break out the nutritional yeast.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:05 am

we are making a small amount in hank 8. Email me if you want to preorder b@storymfg.com

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sat May 02, 2015 9:54 am

We have found a runaway roll of Indigo Green fabric so we have it again in a small way. Seriously the last time we'll have it until probably ss16.

I'll put it up on the shop as soon as I can charge the laptop.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri May 08, 2015 4:33 am

Finally. Shoes arriving today and going out today/tomorrow

Also. This baby. Our next iteration.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri May 15, 2015 5:46 pm

We just saw some beautiful photos from an editorial shoot in Bast Magazine. Really tasteful and meaningful art direction, styling, photography, grooming and modelling.

Photography by Íris Björk
Styling by Michael Darlington
Grooming by Mee Kee

Check out the first installment (more to come) .

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby bels » Sat May 16, 2015 4:57 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby oucho » Sat May 16, 2015 6:36 am

that's hilarious, SUPA is my agency and I know fionn, john and jack. it looks like a really nice editorial actually, well done!

oucho

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sat May 16, 2015 12:23 pm

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby pk! » Wed May 27, 2015 2:06 am

Dunno if you all have seen this yet or not, but:

Pk! "Pok Gai," Cantonese phrase/insult for, "Go fall in the street."
I fell into the streets and missed the ground.
pk!

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed May 27, 2015 6:20 am

Hadn't seen it no! Thanks mate. IMHO Miles and Renee's lookbook shoot looks better than anything else on there because it's actually authentic. Actually made it impossible to work out how we proceed with lookbook-type stuff.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby bels » Wed May 27, 2015 8:46 am

Next story lookbook:

Lock Heck and michaelmao in the storyfort dungeon with a fuji instax and an artists time jacket.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed May 27, 2015 11:31 am

Who told you about the dungeon?!

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby odradek » Wed May 27, 2015 1:39 pm

the zimbardo story experiment story

odradek

Postby BIGBEE » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:12 pm

did pink time jackets restock?
wish I had money for one but alas

E: who's jimi

BIGBEE

Postby rjbman » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:26 pm

U should let and do the next look book so they can continue on their quest to model for every brand ever

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby vgtbls » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:43 pm

They're already modeling the 0 Jean product shots, I think some shots of the TRF shoe are on germ's foot as well. But all in all, outsourcing look books to your own customers is a wonderful idea

vgtbls

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:15 pm

can confirm that the next lookbook (and likely the one after that) are all customers. Shooting one in a couple of weeks.

Pink Time Jackets are available, just off-menu. For now at least - not sure how much more we can do.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby bels » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:25 pm

Heard the pink time jackets had to be taken off the website because some lanky so and so from Cornwall filed suit for trademark infringement.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:06 am

Took the new boat out for a spin yesterday on a mini adventure and shot our winter-time stuff. Lookbook later, but here's a nice little shot.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby can- » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:15 pm

looking forward to the story x care-tags collab

can-

PreviousNext

Return to Tags