[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Bobbin and Katy's STORY mfg.

Bobbin and Katy's STORY mfg.

Clothes

Re: Bobbin and Katy's STORY mfg.

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:31 pm

Hey all! Just want to let you know we are opening a studio in East London very soon. Hope to have it fitted out in 4 weeks although we have left room for 8 if we need (the place needs a lot of work done - right down to the wiring.

We're opening it with our friend Daniel who has a store called Open As Usual and it'll have a room for him, one for Story and a shared space where we will have workshops, supper clubs and all kinds of interesting things

It will also be home to a dye house - Hand Job Dye House - where I'll be over dying customers clothes and a selection of basics to order. It'll largely be pigments extracted from waste food and plants so I'm looking forward to that most!

So next time there's a CT meet up hopefully you'll stop in for some tea (or a turmeric latte)

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:41 pm

In reply to messages about the name...

I'm a little bit tired of every hand-made pursuit being called 'Artisan'. When I was at uni, buying a screen and printing at home didn't make you an artisan, and zines hadn't been hijacked yet. There was still a bit of punk-DIY left and I'm taking that approach with the dye house, dyes and all that. Yeah, its kind of cheeky but its hand-jobbed without having to say 'hand-made' #artisan #crafts

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:03 pm

One last other thing - I haven't shared this before and I'm not sure why. Katy's grandfather is a poet in his 90s and wears lots of Story - a friend of ours Danny North made a short film about him a while ago and I just wanted to share it:

If you're at all into poetry his website is http://www.mauricerutherford.com - he would love to hear from any and all people about poetry. He has some lovely readings of his poems on the site that are wonderful.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby tweefwend » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:52 pm

hell yeah!

(found on this on a Fucking Young streetwear article)

tweefwend

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:45 am

Just looked at that article - the chap underneath is wearing some spitehouse spex too. Weird but good-weird to see stuff out there on people we know and people we don't.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby rjbman » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:37 pm

- explaining how this season's bomber is hand-embroidered by what calls nuns, even though there's only one nun :wink:

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:19 pm

Come one come all!

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Tinman » Tue May 09, 2017 1:50 pm

might be the wrong place for this but does anyone know how the big boy cord short on time jackets fit compared to older time jackets? I've noticed most of the best after models are wearing smalls and most of my stuff is medium, but I don't really know how much of a difference there is.

Finally found a blue/white Story MFG & coat
Tinman

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri May 19, 2017 10:37 am

They fit essentially the same - the reason the models are wearing S is because when we make samples for a new season we have to make them in a sizer that'll fit both girl and boy models (the fabric takes so long to make, no way to make multiples).

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby rjbman » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:20 pm

on Hypebeast

rjbman

Postby Tinman » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:18 pm

Earthshine looks incredible from the few pics posted, I better start saving

Tinman

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:00 pm

We have to wait until mid next week at the EARLIEST to see the pics ourselves but I reckon it'll be well worth it.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Tinman » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:52 pm

Bobbin and Katie you've outdone yourselves, earthshine looks incredible. I was hesitant about those quilted jackets when you just showed the early stages but I 100% plan on buying one (or both) as soon as pre orders start. Embroidered short on time jackets look incredible too, and the block printing came out beautifully (although I'm not sure if I have the balls to wear massive jeans that say SOLAR POWER all over them lmao)

Link to earthshine for those who want it

Tinman

Postby Tinman » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:49 pm

Also for anyone interested I just made a discord for fellow Story enthusiasts

Tinman

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:38 pm

Thank you for all the love and support over the years people - every now and again I have to pinch myself that this is all happening and this baby continues to grow from where we were. Katy and I, for the most part, lead pretty insulated lives so every six months when we pop heads out to take our collections to show and post our lookbooks we get super hyped up.

We're still really little compared to big brands we show next to, but we have such a dedicated customer base that stores keep coming back every season to order more and more. The coolest thing this time (total brag) is how many designers took time off their own stands and showrooms to come see us at ours and tell us they are into the brand.

Just wanted to say a thank you, because even though this particular thread isn't hugely active you guys in various other corners of cyberspace are spreading the word and its more meaningful and powerful than any ads we could take out. There's nothing I enjoy more than meeting you all IRL and reading posts here and elsewhere.

Cheers.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby sick boy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:24 pm

damn i need some bridge trousers in my life

sick boy

Postby vgtbls » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:45 am

Just got my preorder in - a Sid cap and a black short-on-time!

I really like the canvas weave on the jacket, excited to see how it wears in.

vgtbls

Postby BIGBEE » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:17 pm

Anyone know the protocol for taking care of trf's? Want mine to laaaaast. Thanks

BIGBEE

Postby rjbman » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:54 pm

anyone planning on going to the story mfg sample sale this weekend?

rjbman

Previous

Return to Tags