[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Bobbin and Katy's STORY mfg.

Bobbin and Katy's STORY mfg.

Clothes

Re: Bobbin and Katy's STORY mfg.

Postby can- » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:04 pm

does the B in B-Side stand for Bobbin

can-

Postby michaelmao » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:26 am

Late to the showcase party but it's all good i'm sure

made my 0 jeans into some 0 shorts!

also my gf's dog kinda took a nibble at the butt of them.

michaelmao

Postby BIGBEE » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:40 pm

heard time jackets have sizes this season

what size time jacket should I get if I like how the old one fit?

BIGBEE

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:52 pm

Medium. Which means I might start buying large.

That said the M of the batik dyed jackets are smaller than the rest because they've been boiled, dyed (around 8 times), then boiled again.

I imagine LNCC will have some measurements (and they'll be live before we are ready to go with the new store).

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby rjbman » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:08 pm

@Bobbin.Threadbar

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby mc-lunar » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:56 pm

tell ln-cc to sort out how they want to capitalize "story mfg"

mc-lunar

Postby WussWayne » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:59 pm

Is the webshop going to have price hikes to reflect the prices among your other stockists?

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby bels » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:19 am

Wearing my TRF shoes today. They're really nice. They look like a derby so I was expecting them to wear like a doc marten or standard northampt derby, but because the sole is so light and they're unlined, it feels much more like a pair of worn in vans. Really comfy and and an absolutely spot on shape.

Think Bobbin said they're a big pain to get made, so don't sleep on them.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby germinal » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:52 am

Without targeted advertising i am nothing

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:29 am

Never thought I'd see the day when my own brand was advertised to me.

Anyway! Happy day. Despite the fact I've seen people hate on the styling I think it's excellent to see another stylists take. It's not like theyve forced them into a bad outfit - I love it! Think there's more editorial and images to come.

Until then, here's a lookbook we shot a few months ago when we went out on the boat with our friends Farid (also in ss16 lookbook) and Charles (Slow Club).

http://www.storymfg.com/non-tidal/

Prices on our own site will be the same. We worked hard to have them where they are. If you're going to buy LNCC is the best shout and would be nice to give them the business after the support they gave us to launch and sell the items at a much lower margin than is usual.

Positivity!

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby trasparenti » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:32 pm

Wow yeah, just got the LNCC newsletter and saw the news. Congrats guys.

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby parastexis » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:22 pm

o clever

parastexis

Postby yoyobeat » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:39 pm

just wanted to drop in and say that I love the jeans with the white bands on the legs. Look great with the blue/white canvas sneakers. Keep up the good work!

yoyobeat

Postby bels » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:47 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:51 pm

"Non title" doesn't make any sense in any context.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:05 pm

the title is, that there is no title. it's "not a title"-- the title is that there is no title. there's no title, kind of.

should i explain death of the author to you again??

can-

Postby bels » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:36 pm

In that case why not call it:

"no tidal"

Which would make sense

"titled 'no title'"

If anyone can use "non title" in a sentence and show it to an English teacher and get it signed as "OK" I will send them a prize.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:44 pm

(speaking to an english teacher) "I call my sophomore collection.. "Non-Tidal." It means "the title of my collection, is that there is no title-- it is "non-title." It's a cheeky double entendre, playing on preexisting nautical themes and other plays-on-words, like the "Time" Jacket, which is both a pun, in 'Story Time,' and also a reference to its prison origins ("Doing Time)." It also refers to the passage of time itself, because I love old things and I love when my things get older. My collection is called "Non-Tidal," also meaning "Not a Title," which is both the absence of a Title and a comment on Titles generally. It also has something to do with my studio being a boat on the water (Tidal) and all the colors being blue like water is blue. Also my favorite song of all time is Ebb and Flow by 311. It is also open to interpretation because the author's intent is not the final word and I understand that.

English teacher: "I have a basic understanding of Foucauldian discourse analysis and am not a total prig, so I sign this with an "OK.""

can-

Postby vgtbls » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:16 pm

I thought it was because of Bobbin and Katy's long-standing beef with Jay-Z's music streaming service

vgtbls

Postby bels » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:56 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby WussWayne » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:16 pm

When do Story Sandals drop???

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby stappard_ » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:32 am

I assumed 'non-tidal' referred to some part of the GCSE geography syllabus i'd forgotten about. excited for SS16 'oxbow lake'

stappard_

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:52 pm

UnwashedMolasses

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:10 pm

I still have 1 pink brick batik shirt (M) here in stock made up and ready to ship if anyone wants it. Haven't shot it for the webstore (launching this weekend) so email me b@storymfg.com if you'd like it.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:17 pm

Now is sort of a quiet time between seasons while AW rounds off and SS16 is being made (looks amazing!) but we have been working on the following collection for so, so, so long and everyone will get to see it in Jan at the shows.

Just about to send off first peeks to press and buyers - but I kind of want people who have supported us to always hear first so here's what's coming up. No pics I'm afraid - not even close - but if you're into Story AW is really special:

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby bels » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:38 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Cowboy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:42 pm

This segment titled: Swaddled in Story

Cowboy

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:24 pm

Best post in this entire thread^

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:53 am

This is from the lookbook - which wont be out until July but it's such a lovely photo I thought it should come before the collection preview photos you should see soon.

Next stop NY!

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:33 pm

Last post on this - promise

You can see the preview here:

http://www.storymfg.com/tulpa-trek-aw16

Lookbook wont be out until July-ish.

P.S. Feel free to share - its unlinked on the navigation but not secret.

Bobbin.Threadbare

PreviousNext

Return to Tags