[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Bobbin and Katy's STORY mfg.

Bobbin and Katy's STORY mfg.

Clothes

Re: Bobbin and Katy's STORY mfg.

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:02 am

DAAAAAARN.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:40 am

Charles from Slow Club again seems to be repping us pretty hard. We've had more than a few people buy off the back of him wearing it on telly. I think we only have one left but that's probably fine because he's ordered a black one.

AND

http://www.sky.com/tv/show/sky-arts-ses ... /slow-club

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:25 am

We just hit the jackpot. Sadly a Lancashire mill who made showerproof fabrics for a certain British brand has powered down its looms and shut up shop.

Happily we now own the fabrics.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby vgtbls » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:14 pm

Now that I've got my hands on Cleanthug's pair of Hank 8 0 Jeans, I figured I should post. Bobbin and Katy, what kind of devil magic did you use to make these so soft? Surely these aren't overdyed Pajama Jeans? Either way, I'm in love with the rise and overall fit of these. Hope to get a job soon so I can support Story instead of cherrypicking the secondhand market. These photos are abysmal and/or disturbing.

vgtbls

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:22 pm

Thanks - next time you buy there should be a companion to keep you company while you wait for your order.

They're little product zines with mouth watering images. Under construction now.

First three are Spitehouse, 0 Jean and the Time jacket.

News on the & Coat this week, our showeproof parka. Trying to work it so we can open orders and make them before Christmas but it may be difficult.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby can- » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:07 pm

hank 2s finally found their way home!! thanks b&k for your patience and making sure these arrived --

better pics to follow.

can-

Postby harmsalmon » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:08 am

didn't think it would work financially for me to get any STORY pieces anytime soon but for a shower proof coat I may have to rethink that........ :^)

harmsalmon

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:44 am

If I was a drug dealer I would be severely guilty of getting high on my own supply.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby meatjacket » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:44 pm

i'd love to pick up some jeans and a scarf! I'll probably pick them up in the summer.

bobbin what denim should i get for summer wear

meatjacket

Postby finolino » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:58 pm

sort of a basic question but does anyone know how do story jeans fit in comparison to jeans of other prominent brands? i'm interested in picking up a pair in a few months once the paychecks all add up, but am absolutely terrified, as i am every time i buy online, of it not fitting on the waist properly. i like a kinda tight fit on the waist so that no belt is required, and wear a 30/31 in levi's 501's (can never be sure due to bad qc). anyone?

edit: thanks, will probably size down an inch to account for stretching

finolino

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:02 am

Hey sorry we are mega rushed. When you get round to picking some up just email us and we can help you through it all.

This happened
More pics to follow.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:02 pm

This coat is really exciting and has been so well received. The fabric is sadly not infinite which is part of the reason we only offered it for a weekend. Anyway! Look at Katy.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:17 am

I'm actually not sure how many Story &Coat buyers are on here (apart from Heckawheel) but if you are you might be pleased to hear that the jackets are almost done and should be in the post Saturday.

I actually have a couple more extra ordered if anyone is interested. They're officially off sale now but you know how to get hold of me.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby TheLouisVuittonPawn » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:32 pm

Got to take some pics of ' time jacket yesterday. My favorite shot

TheLouisVuittonPawn

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:05 am

Really lovely picture. I feel really happy when you can see the proper colour because that's one of the best bits.

The indigo black stuff actually has black and dark blue in it which I've been trying to capture for ages but its really difficult.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:19 am

READ ALL CARE-TAGGERS

Just want to say hello and thank you. I’ve been on here over a year now, after being invited by via reddit, and while I was hesitant at first it turned out to be a great decision.

It’s no secret I have a brand with Katy and one of the best things about having it is being able to share it with people. Talking about it as a ‘journey’ sounds wet, but it’s a good description and it’s important to have people with us on journeys because we need insight.

We try to innovate and be visionary in our own way. We stand firm on decisions and offerings that people tell us wont work, or wont sell, because we think they may be out of time. We want to be change makers, again in our small way, but having people around us influences our treatment.

I haven’t had one iota of negativity here, and very little elsewhere. We’re an indie brand that could quite easily be totally destroyed by negativity, so I really appreciate it. Not that anyone has a reason to be negative…

In any case. Katy and I were working on some stuff last night and I realised that in a year we’ve gone from one product, to a sturdy range. Next year we’ll continue with what we feel are our classics, and likely have footwear and more accessories.

Next drop is our short sleeved summer shirt, which we’re releasing on xmas day. No idea if that’s a great idea, but Katy and I always like to think our offerings are ‘seasonless’.

Finally a shout out to . If this was a different forum, not naming names, we would have to pay to have this thread. We don’t pay to have this thread and we wouldn’t have been able pay this year.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby sknss » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:50 am

that shore shirt looks amazing, love that colour

also the preorder on christmas day sounds like an evil marketing plan, i have no money now but i might have some for christmas. will i be able to resist getting it?

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:07 am

We wanted to have it up earlier but Christmas day is the only day either of us have free. However if they sell out within minutes I retract that last statement and crown myself a genius.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:45 pm

Should have shirts in hand beginning of next week and we'll ship asap.

If you haven't heard we are opening a studio/shop. Pick up the keys this weekend.

I hope every one of you will come join us for a cup of tea in the SLOW STUDIO.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby can- » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:03 pm

can I remote in?

can-

Postby stappard_ » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:07 pm

How dire is the last-few-pairs warning for the jeans on the facebook page? I need to know how much longer I can dither for

stappard_

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:03 pm

Depends which size/fabric. Black is super rare now.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby limeliam » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:49 pm

is there going to be a restock on the green time jacket?

limeliam

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:35 am

Maybe - I've had more requests for that jacket in red and green than anything else. We got more red but green is more tricky. If you email b@storymfg.com and put 'green time jacket' in the subject I'll do a search and mail if we get some in.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:03 pm

We moved the SLOW STUDIO for the first time today.

Come visit our working studio as we tour the London canals. Have a hot drink and browse the collection.

By appointment only. (We move every two weeks)

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:43 am

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby maj » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:09 am

are these vegan????

HIGH PERFORMANCE YOU SAY??

maj

Postby sknss » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:56 pm

Are they made of pineapple leather?

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:17 pm

Not this time. You can see them tomorrow - we should have them in hand by then.

Proper pair of British shoes.

They're called 'TRF shoes', or, unabbreviated 'Two Right Feet shoes'.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby mahi-mahi » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:44 am

How would you wear them?

mahi-mahi

PreviousNext

Return to Tags