[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Tender Is The Night

Tender Is The Night

Clothes

Tender Is The Night

Postby Syeknom » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:16 pm

With the launch of the new online it's a good opportunity to start a thread about them.

English made clothing driven by designer Will with strong flintstone from the Age of Steam and locomotives. There's a strong emphasis on natural fabrics, slow hand dyeing, oak bark and wattle tanned leather, and a self-conciously old style approach. The result is small production runs, imperfect goods, rich colours and beautiful pieces.

Fits tend to be relaxed and baggy with straight legged, high rise trousers and billowing heavy shirts.

Strong reputation in the seedy world of raw denim nerds but their other stuff is just as appealing to someone not that into denim.

The Tender Store is a welcome addition to the existing stockists and (selling mostly accessories and odds 'n' ends) and stock past season items, sample pieces that didn't make it to shops, remade garments from previous collections, etc.

For other stockists, have a great collection and still have discounts on some pieces.

To add to the fun and in-keeping with the forum, the care-tags are placed prominently on the outside of the garments and are designed to be removable.

Syeknom

Re: Tender Is The Night

The new AW13 collection coming out moves away from workwear a little bit into something softer although faintly militaristic. The key dye for this season is cochineal, a bright pink made from crushed-up insect shells used by the 19th century British army for their uniforms.

Cochineal:

Interested to see some of the pieces that come out although the promotional shots are a bit obscure.

Syeknom

If were a smaller waist and not a braces-only I would be all over them. 15oz duck canvas, cut on the bias "causing the shape to stretch and soften with wear", no side seams, etc.

The shirts on offer are most tempting though as is that short sleeve henley.

Syeknom

Postby can- » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:35 pm

yessss thank you monkeys

I love the face logo.

I wonder if tender is profitable. can really feel the love in every item tho

does anyone own any? PYT

can-

Postby Syeknom » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:39 pm

I don't own any which makes me a terrible thread-starter! Will report back after buying something later this year though.

Face and elephant logos are rad.

Judging by the superfuture thread his business seems to be going from strength to strength but the amount of work involved must be ridiculous.

Syeknom

Postby can- » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:42 pm

these are beautiful

i know the stuff runs large, but is anyone familiar with tender sizing? if i'm generally an XL will a 3 fit?

can-

Postby Syeknom » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:51 pm

Some measurements up on the stores site but not much, I guess they'll add it.

Places like superdenim have measurement charts too:

They give XL=3 but I guess it's whatever measurements you like at the end of the day.

It's a pity Trunk have fuck all Tender stock, there aren't really any good stockists in London for me to go try it on.

They did some ace natural leather boots for unionmade back along:

They aged really well

and were lasted on something like a 100 year last pattern.

Bet those shoes would turn really gnarly over time too.

Syeknom

Postby RycePooding » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:26 pm

Their pants are incredible holy crap

RycePooding

Postby Syeknom » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:08 am

Interesting looking stuff. Keen to see the actual pieces when they're out.

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:14 pm

Syeknom

Postby germinal » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:07 pm

reminds me of an old Patrik Ervell collection, pieces were dyed with rust and copper oxide

which in turn just reminded me of an old Margiela collection where the models wore plain white dresses and necklaces made from coloured ice cubes; as they walked down the runway the ice melted and stained the dresses

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Syeknom » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:20 pm

That Margiela show sounds ace, got any pictures/articles for it?

I like the idea of clothes dyed with tea leaves

Syeknom

Postby germinal » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:28 pm

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/revie ... -MMARGIEL/

s/s 2006... i'm not sure where that fits into the Margiela Officially Leaving--Margiela Actually Leaving continuum

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Syeknom » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:31 pm

Excellent

Poor models though

Syeknom

Postby sknss » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:40 pm

nice, love the color coordination with the makeup

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby odradek » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:28 pm

wow, that's the kind of stuff i'm always hoping to see when i look at a show. love that.

odradek

Postby Syeknom » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:45 pm

My goodness

Made from .

Lapel is done in calico cotton

I'm getting hot and bothered but really don't need jackets

Syeknom

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:03 am

I had some of their stuff, 130 woad jeans, have a woad guards jacket and had some 129 wattle jeans. They're brilliant! I just sold most of it but I kept the 130 woad dyed jeans for a rainy day.

This kind of English manufacturing really excites me, which is why I'm starting another brand to honour it!

Bobbin.Threadbare

Return to Tags