[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - check out my damn nudies

check out my damn nudies

Clothes

Re: jean classique business

Postby arcticsound » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:33 pm

I'm still not on board with the huge jeans thing. I don't mind oversized sweats, wool pants, trousers or any of that, but denim is too heavy to look good hanging that loose imo. I'd advise anyone thinking about buying really big jeans to stop and think about Jncos for a minute before pulling out your wallet :mrgreen:

Ok, Levi's Red. Still don't like the way loose jeans look.

Last edited by arcticsound on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arcticsound

Postby prawnzee » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:52 pm

still don't see this becoming a major thing any time soon. I dislike the look usually

prawnzee

Postby bels » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:43 am

I think trouser fit is one of the things people get most defensive about in life.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby exprof » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:12 am

There's no denying the comfort level of 501's

exprof

Postby nick » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:25 am

I think it's neat that the entire gamut of leg-hugging, tapered, and super relaxed can all co-exist. I sure as hell will get defensive like said if wearing jeans with any sort of slimness makes me a square.

Love the roomy thigh, high rise, smaller leg opening thing that's been going on though. Fits my body shape. Any jeans that really fit that look?

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby vgtbls » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:44 pm

I found a really ancient pair of LL Bean jeans that were so faded they looked almost acid-washed. If they were 2 inches smaller in the waist they would have been perfect. :C High waist, relatively slim leg. 30/34 is a hard place to be sometimes.

vgtbls

Postby vgtbls » Thu May 01, 2014 2:02 pm

Got a free pair of raws from Heebee Co... now I feel obligated to wear them. My plan is to machine wash them normally. Idgaf, I fart too much to keep them unwashed.

vgtbls

Postby zayg » Thu May 01, 2014 7:25 pm

After a few months of letting them sit around and wearing Uniqlo jeggings, I had a local tailor repair my APCs. They fixed the crotch blowouts and redid the hem for $14. Not a bad deal.

I missed wearing raws. I missed the slightly looser fit of these and I certainly missed the fades that already came in after just 5 months.

zayg

Postby balloons » Fri May 02, 2014 4:55 am

feel like I want the impressive fades of apc, the brand identity of levi's, and the fit of ??? (still figuring this part out......)

tried on a pair of PS's sized down 2 when I was in NY and was shocked at tight they were throughout. these are extremely popular jeans & I have an average slim build, so I didn't expect to dislike the fit so much. they must stretch a ton everywhere (even in the thigh) right?

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby CMYK » Sat May 03, 2014 5:01 pm

I'm working on a pair or Jiberish x Momotaro jeans right now, suspecting I'll give them a first wash soon. Unfortunately, they fit a bit tighter now than when I got them, not sure if it's the beer or the deadlifts. Hopefully they wont shrink too much.

CMYK

Postby pk! » Thu May 22, 2014 12:19 am

Just got my first pair of straight cut jeans since I was probably 12 or so. I can't bring myself to wear them without cuffing to the point in which they don't get baggy, or just pinrolling them.

I don't think the wide hems are for me unless it's cropped. Though I like baggy that tapers to a tight ankle. I would be curious about a wide j-shape though, especially if the curves were particularly extreme.

Pk! "Pok Gai," Cantonese phrase/insult for, "Go fall in the street."
I fell into the streets and missed the ground.
pk!

Postby ramseames » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:06 pm

i dont think the cut is bad so much as it just doesnt work for you, none of the pics you've posted of them look particularly good man.

ramseames

Postby JewTurk » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:12 am

Currently have my JB0716's,Tellason JGMs (16oz), and my UB121s.

JB's aren't really fading too much which is what I wanted. The JGMs are just for daily wear, these aren't known for fading which is what I like. And the UB121s fade like fucking crazy and I just use those for skating around or when its cold af at school.

I think when people get 2+ years on their jeans and have super syk fadez or w/e they look really trashy. From a hobby stand point they're cool and all but I can't see myself wearing faded to hell jeans day in and day out. That's why I love the JB's and the tellasons, they're really subtle.

Looking to getting some Oni's for their texture. Then rounding out my rotation with the BOM008's in August.

I feel like Onis/Momos/JBs/Tellason/UB is a solid rotation and I'm hoping I don't feel the need to add to my collection after that. I'll have a pretty good selection, some solid black/black, some good texture, some indigo/indigo, some heavy weight, and some regular old indigo/white mid weights.

JewTurk

Postby sknss » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:37 am

ck 1980

phwoar

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:37 am

http://jeansandsheux.tumblr.com/

If you haven't seen this already it's somewhat of a bible.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby CleanThug » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:12 pm

I may have found the pair of jeans I've been looking for.

So after post i spotted some W)taps jeans on the cheap. They were a little bit bigger than my usual measurements but I decided to try my luck. I was a little worried about wtaps' notoriously short inseams but i'm not particularly tall so I pulled the trigger.

Here are some fit pics:

The inseam is a bit shorter than what I was looking for and I'm not entirely sure if I'm down with them 100%, but I do really like them.

Maybe it's just because I love W)taps, but these jeans have some seriously cool details-I'll leave some pics in the spoiler.

CleanThug

Postby CleanThug » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:21 pm

I agree with the sentiment of looser shirts and bigger shoes, just snapped this pic real quick, wasn't so much of a fit.

Normally wear these with some big tees and af1s 8)

CleanThug

Postby ramseames » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:38 am

wtaps makes fucking amazing jeans for people who can walk into old mine shafts and not have to bend/crouch

ramseames

Postby rjbman » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:31 pm

What are people's thoughts on Gustin? Looking for a cheap pair of raws and would rather not do Unbranded.

Also open to other suggestions.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby starfox64 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:51 pm

uniqlo just dropped some raw selvedge

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby balloons » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:18 pm

what's the deal on levi's matchstick denim? when were those sold? are they raw? did anyone here have a pair?

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby can- » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:40 pm

gnarly train tracks and selvage on these fluxus jeans.

can-

Postby BobbyZamora » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:26 pm

What's the general consensus on sizing? Do you size down? I know many people do to accommodate for stretch, but does anyone have any experience with going TTS?

I got a pair of Rogue Territories and they fit very well but I'm not sure if I should keep them, since the waist isn't really snug.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby can- » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:25 pm

i size up and washed hot w my diors and they fit great now.

i think tts is usually a safe bet for most jeans. (tts meaning your normal size, not your actual size since jeans, measured tend to be between 1-2 inches larger in the waist than tagged)

can-

Postby ramseames » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:46 pm

rogue territory is pretty standard raw denim shit, you'll wanna size down once cuz in a week or 2 they'll be an inch wider than they were before

ramseames

Postby sknss » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:42 am

What if the fabric only stretches because your jeans are too tight from sizing down?

sknss

Postby ramseames » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:57 am

all jeans which are cut to be at least somewhat slim and made of 100% cotton denim will stretch if you size them like you would a normal pant

ramseames

Postby sknss » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:16 am

I think this is a conspiracy to make me feel fat.

sknss

Postby BobbyZamora » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:20 pm

what if they don't stretch and you end up with a pair of $200 jeans that you can't wear

for example 3sixteen's don't stretch much if at all IIRC

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby ramseames » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:41 pm

ramseames

PreviousNext

Return to Tags