[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - How do I Look?

How do I Look?

Clothes

Re: The Lab (fit experiments, feedback and suggestions)

Postby JewTurk » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:45 am

If you had to suggest a pair of shoes (any shoe, literally any shoe) for this fit what would they be? e: sub ~$300 or so, nothing crazy

I got a lot of recs for some docs etc in terms of boots but I don't think boots really jizz with 'this' so I'm wondering what other shoes I could be looking into.

I actually own a pair of second hand yuketen two tone mocs, I might wear those with this tomorrow and see how I feel.

JewTurk

Postby pei » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:09 pm

Image Image

american apparel, steven alan, army surplus, lad musician, maltine records shirt, american apparel, muji, hansel from basel, rick owens, and wander

pretty much my first fit with geobaskets!!! i'd like feedback on what else to wear with them, as well as general stuff about this fit

:0)
pei

Postby yubbermax » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:32 pm

I'm not really feeling the shirt looking back at this. It's an awesome material I just wish it was longer. I'll mess around with layering underneath it I think.

MKI/Stat_ment/JCrew/Docs

yubbermax

Postby yubbermax » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:32 pm

Just got this jacket. It's Canadian military surplus and pretty warm, although it'll need some layering for super cold days. I think it looks a little goofy closed up with the tight jeans but I'll only be doing that when its super cold out so I don't really care. I think it'd be better with a mid layer and luckily I have a long Julius hoodie coming in tomorrow so I'll update with pics.

More pics:

yubbermax

Postby MickePB » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:21 pm

Very happy with the way the pants + shoes look here but I'm not 100% on the top. Any suggestions
?

I may have worded it wrong, I like the top but I don't feel like they fit together. What do you dislike about the bottom though?

MickePB

Postby yubbermax » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:53 pm

New Julius hoodie and Rick turtleneck. Hoodie is very slim but fucking awesome. Bottom half is just what I was wearing earlier but it kinda fits imo.

yubbermax

Postby mc-lunar » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:20 pm

You need to invest in a better pair of chunky boots with a diff sole, those docs are killing the fits you wear them with. they're too clean

mc-lunar

Postby raags » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:49 pm

julius/carpe/wjk/junhashimoto/devoa/rick/whatever

raags
Best Dressed

Postby mc-lunar » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:20 pm

layer-0/guidi/viridi-anne/bbs/ma+/lost&found/label under construction/plokhov/andrew macdonald/harnden/inasice/damir/ann/obscur are all other options to look into

mc-lunar

Postby yourdad » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:33 am

wore the y's snap blazer yesterday with some loose black pants and docs. i like how it looks but i'm not sure what else to wear with it. any suggestions?

yourdad

Postby bels » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:03 am

You don't need to wear it with anything else.

Maybe in summer since cropped trew

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:41 am

I feel like your boot tucks never work due to subtle proportion differences that are pretty much going to be trail and error to work out. That said, when you don't tuck I think your bottom half looks fine.

Don't be scared of some wider trousers either, some combat trousers or something.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby yubbermax » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:14 pm

: thanks for the feedback, by proportion differences do you mean between my top half and skinny lower half? My pair of jcuts (which I'm wearing above) can't really be worn untucked with my DD boots because the shaft is too wide at the top compared to the jeans and my shin so it pushes them out if you can picture what I mean. Illustrated here:

I actually have a pair of flight/cargo pants en route:

I think I'll sell off some stuff and get a pair of more proper cargos like gasmasks when I'm off of no cop

yubbermax

Postby yoyobeat » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:03 pm

If you're not already posting there maybe try to solicit opinions on SZ since the posters there are way more steeped in the aesthetic you got going on and probably will have experienced similar tuck or non tuck issues.

I googled around for something related to that and this seems useful to read http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showth ... &page=2242 (look at 'stagename' fit page before). Probably some more things to be found if you wish to look.

yoyobeat

Postby AmericanPie » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:51 pm

Got some new pants.

On the fence with how cropped the pants are when worn this high, also not sure about the shoes here.

, , : I've got a pair of Tricker's, but I felt like they were too sleek for this some how. Then again, it's not like slip ons are chunky at all, so not sure what I was thinking there. Something like a pair of MOTO derbies were what I was thinking would be ideal.

: The pants have a drawstring waist, so I can lower them and wear them as high-waisted or drop-crotch, which is kind of fun. Looking at it again, wearing them a little lower would probably be better.

AmericanPie

Postby ramseames » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:45 pm

Defs more cropped than you'd probably ever want for that width of leg

ramseames

Postby JewTurk » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:57 pm

New Docs yo, definitely like my proportions a lot more with these. Definitely looking for some suggestions for tops.

Lookin' for some looser cut scoop neck tees to wear under the flannel unbuttoned, my COS ones are too small sadly.

JewTurk

Postby Ques » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:56 pm

been trying to wear a blazer casually around campus

help

???

Ques

Postby soundclip989 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:31 pm

Selected homme coat. Keep or sell for a new coat??

soundclip989

Postby finolino » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:33 pm

, i'll be completely honest with you here; i don't think docs suit you that well, and, unless this purchase signals a transition in your current wardrobe, you'd be best off returning them while you still can. one thing i've always admired about your wardrobe is how carefree and playful it looks when styled on you (i.e. florals, loose-ish pants, half-destroyed plimsolls, even that story jacket had a relaxing jizz to it), and i think docs are just too rigid and heavy (if that makes any sense at all) to fit in with that. others have said that you need more substantial and chunky shoes in the past, and there are other ways to do that while keeping your current style in tact. eytys are the obvious choice, but i'm sure someone with more knowledge than me on that matter could recommend a bit more.

finolino

Postby JewTurk » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:06 pm

JewTurk

Postby mc-lunar » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:08 pm

I think boots with a little bit less history as The Punk Anti-Establishment Shoe (sorry sk8-hi) would be good for you. nonnative has a boot called the "wanderer" that I think would be good fun with your clothes:

chunky, nice color, interesting, laid-back

these johnUndercover boots also jumped out at me when i was looking around for boots thinking what would be good for jewturk. either cway really:

ImageImage

mc-lunar

Postby trunks » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:55 am

u all look dumb as hell

trunks

Postby blanket » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:15 pm

Well, that was a blast of constructiveness and positivity and rainbows and sunshine from trunks! Let's get back on track

I can't tell if this is any good or if my perceptions are messed up because it's comfortable. Advice appreciated :D

blanket

Postby baskis » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:19 pm

Good footwear recs for this?

baskis

Postby chadnik » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:07 am

also looking for shoe recs, for these wide trou...they pool most artfully (they are straight, not flared as the right leg would have you believe). chunky loafers?
(bonus enter into my sad fluorescent-lit shared office)

chadnik

Postby Ques » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:28 pm

taking photos is SO hard

not really sure what to wear with this coat. wearing a blazer under it always ends up looking silly, because the lapels get hidden, so i've mostly been wearing collared shirts + knits...

Ques

Postby Stolsdos » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:43 am

Got the light comfort jacket, not sure on the fit, wanted it to be a bit oversized, but not look like I'm wearing my dad's jacket.

Stolsdos

Postby windowflowers » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:17 pm

Mainly looking for shirt recommendations with the jacket. Sweaters too, maybe.

X

Last edited by windowflowers on Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windowflowers

Postby Stolsdos » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:14 pm

it's a uniqlo light comfort jacket, and I sized up to a medium. Sorry for the late response.

Stolsdos

PreviousNext

Return to Tags