[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - How do I Look?

How do I Look?

Clothes

Re: The Lab (fit experiments, feedback and suggestions)

Postby LiamHrdie » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:08 am

Got a milsurp bomber but it is too hot to try it on with my jcuts and boots, so this is my forced experimentation.

LiamHrdie

Postby nick » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:13 pm

I'm a big fan of sarouel pants and I think you've got the 'proportions' to make them look good but I agree with the others in considering rethinking the approach.

Check out this great CDG Black lookbook posted - while the shorts aren't the exact shape I think it's a good source of flintstone. http://imgur.com/a/qXE1E

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby Blastoise » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:43 pm

Continuing the conversation from WAYWT over here.

Here's a clearer picture without a huge hoodie (which I think was accenting the waist, maybe?). From the other day, don't have my camera at home, sorry.

Does my waist seriously look that big? What other pants would even work here? Cut-wise, not material.

I've never been told anything besides that I'm a twig (130 lbs, 5'11"), really confused by the recent comments.

Blastoise

Postby klonopin » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:00 pm

I've had this Walter pullover since the summer an I love it but I have a hard time finding things to wear with it besides blue jeans and white sneaks.

I saw these shoes on ssense sale a couple days ago and thought that they might work with the sweater (among other things) so I grabbed them.

came in today and the color doesn't match perfectly, and i think it might be so close that it clashes and i'm pretty bad with colors so i want a second opinion.
Shoes next so pullover:

Quick fitpic:

I'm gonna keep the shoes regardless i think because they look dope with other fits but i'd like any feedback.

klonopin

Postby INNIT » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:03 pm

haha man not trying 2 say you look fat or anything. youre a skinny guy but i think those pants taper too hard from your waist to your knee, and then get baggier below the knee. 510s as a cut look good on very few people imo. gotta be extremely lanky or something.

it's not like they look terrible, it's more of a nitpick

MS paint masterpiece illustrating what im trying 2 say:

INNIT

Postby klonopin » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:33 pm

klonopin

Postby yubbermax » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:02 am

Trying to figure out how to wear these chambray pants (light grey of you can't tell). I borrowed the stans from my little brother and they fit pretty well despite being 2 sizes up.

yubbermax

Postby Blastoise » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:37 am

Blastoise

Postby pirxthepilot » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:14 am

still experimenting with 'luxe sportswear' jizz, you can't really see but these are (marni) track pants with elastic cuff at bottom so NO I WON'T WEAR DERBIES
moleskin, boiled poly, suede

slightly better texture shot:

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:13 am

I feel like the jacket doesn't really mesh into the luxe sportswear jizz for me, moleskin and the buttons makes it feel a bit heritagey.

how about a slouchy t shirt, maybe with a knit layered on top?

Or actually on my recent trip to john lewis, I saw their "Kin" collection had some grey jersey blazers, only huge sizes were left but that could work here. I guess you'd possibly be cold so I donno, maybe a down vest or something layered underneath.

Or what about a down filled blazer like that uniqlo undercover one? Aspesi might be doing something similar somewhere.

I'm just brainstorming here, not convinced any of these ideas are really what you would like.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:36 am

thanks for the feedback everyone, yeah on reflection this isn't really working. some sort of knitted blazer seems a good bet, think i spotted those kin ones but wasn't bowled over- fabric seemed a bit flat. might have to get hold of a geller from the US, or perhaps harris wharf could be the home-grown option..

pirxthepilot

Postby asianfuntime » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:45 pm

thrifted this nike parka a while ago, and I still don't really know how to make it work. any ideas?

if anyone is interested, I could probably sell it

asianfuntime

Postby RycePooding » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:48 pm

Looser pants, bigger shoes. Gotta embrace that hugeness. Become a cloth monster.

RycePooding

Postby ramdomthought » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:44 pm

deciding on keeping or selling this bomber -- in between due to size/color

pulls kind of strangely with my hands in the pockets, as well

ramdomthought

Postby mc-lunar » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:56 pm

Bombers never look good when hands are in the pockets

mc-lunar

Postby LiamHrdie » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:57 am

Same bomber, trying again. I think I need looser trews and I need to alter the bomber a bit

LiamHrdie

Postby ynnrz » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:06 am

playing about with slim shoes with loose pants

ynnrz

Postby harmsalmon » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:38 pm

I really like this but I still feel like something about it is kinda off. thoughts?

harmsalmon

Postby BobbyZamora » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:14 am

bad photos incoming (weird purple lighting...)

i've been told these jeans don't work with this jacket/these boots. what are your thoughts? to me it looks fine/good but now i'm unsure because many people have told me otherwise.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby maj » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:41 am

I think the picks make it look a bit JEANS AND SHOES with the heavy stack, slim shape and wash/ destruction/ cut of the Jean which makes people uncomfortable. Your call if you're botherd by it and if it's only others making you question you might as well continue wearing it.

maj

Postby BobbyZamora » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:55 am

I did notice a little jeans and sheux at first but I figured the context and the quality of the pieces would separate it from that.

However I was also told that the jacket is too slim for the jeans, which I can't really see at all myself. Do you think that's also an issue, or would just different shoes be the solution here? (I did try cuffing but was not a fan of the results.)

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby maj » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:05 pm

i think the jacket is less about being too slim (i mean it could be depends on taste) but more the fact it's very minimal and ~clean~ in comparison to the rest, once you wear it in a while, get some scuffs and generally blackmeans it up it should be gravy, as for now i'd just continue to enjoy wearing it unless you want to attack it with paint and sand paper

maj

Postby odradek » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:20 pm

if you want that slouchiness at the shoe but still wear with a jacket that's slim like that, well, that's what bootcut was made for.

odradek

Postby harmsalmon » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:18 pm

so I bought this hat and upon arrival I realized that its brim is much wider than I had thought it would be. I kinda like it, however I am unfortunately not a model for a small japanese designer boutique store so I'm not sure it looks very good on me. I also would like to be able to wear the brim down (as opposed to folded up as seen in the last 3 images) and I'm worried that it looks kinda silly (first image in the album).

thoughts? keep/return?

harmsalmon

Postby meatjacket » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:32 pm

got these sweatpants from jcrew im curious about. thoughts?

pros
• v comfy
• warm
• like the style
• free!

cons
• idk how to wear them
• kinda loose at the waist, but kinda tight at the ankle, making it hard to put them on
• taper??
• theyre a touch long but thats nit picking i guess

meatjacket

Postby mike868y » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:41 pm

they're just sweatpants, yo. look like they fit well and if they're comfy that's all that matters. at the end of the day, who's going to see you in them besides your roommates?

wtb: xs EG navy tropical wool andover, grey wool hartford jacket, wool glen check andover, brown cord andover, b2b in brown/navy twill plaid, sz8.5 yuteken peanut suede/crepe sole loafers, size 27/28 unis gio skinny
mike868y

Postby combien » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:38 pm

looking for some feedback on some kinda old-ish fits

combien

Postby michaelmao » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:50 am

cut some pants with a pair of scissors. saw a really good fit with some cropped pants and hikers so i thought i'd give it a shot.

michaelmao

Postby schiaparelli » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:19 am

i quite like it, with two caveats: what's up with the collar? it looks rather stiff in relation to everything else. and i'm not really a fan of the white socks, it makes things feel too contrasty and sharp at the foot area, and distracts from the cropped pants/hiker boots thing, which is a very cool idea

i like the way the ends of the trousers now flare out a bit like that. you should probably finish off the hem so it's even (looks jagged) and so it doesn't fray.

schiaparelli

Postby yubbermax » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:50 pm

Trying out my new blazer and new cardigan thingy.

yubbermax

PreviousNext

Return to Tags