[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - How do I Look?

How do I Look?

Clothes

Re: The Lab (fit experiments, feedback and suggestions)

Postby yubbermax » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:04 pm

Quick snap with my drop crotch jeans.

yubbermax

Postby finolino » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:17 pm

really looking forward to wearing this in the summer (yay cargoes) but first i need to know what to change about it

finolino

Postby evilfriends » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:27 am

How do I make this more interesting? If you could switch out the individual pieces for better ones, which would you choose?

the jeans are indigo, lighting is messy

thx for your help (smiling)

evilfriends

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:40 pm

Cardigan is my wife's from AA, kinda just messing around with a few shapes. It's black j brand troopers and black raf velcros on bottom, so I dig the contrast against the softer drapier earth-tone cardigan. IDK if I'm delusional though. Also, camera angle makes feet look tiny (they're small, but not tiny) and shoulders look huge (they're slightly wider than average but not huge).

IsaiahSchafer

Postby ramdomthought » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:15 am

taper, toss, or keep as is

just hemmed these earl's after two years of procrastinating

leaning towards as is but could taper them a tad from the knee and be happy. looking for a second opinion

ramdomthought

Postby MickePB » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:35 am

Feel like this is kinda boring :/ Not quite sure where I want to go with it but I liked it as a base and wanted to work from it if that makes sense.

MickePB

Postby JewTurk » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:48 pm

Looking for as much critique in all forms, fit, colors, styling etc.

So I took some photos going from most inner layer and outwards, let me know where I fuck up.

Here's the whole fit:

story/vintage/AA/Norse/Docs

Just the basic shit.

Looking at getting some Dana chinos for looser pants; I don't think these pants fit too tight, though.

+ scarf

How to style this scarf better? I tried just flapping one side around and I seemed to like that more than just letting it drape really long.

+ jacket open

+ jacket closed

+ jacket - scarf

Thoughts? Last time I posted this similar fit I was just asking for shoe help and I finally agreed upon getting the docs seeing them on sale in Scottsdale.

JewTurk

Postby JewTurk » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:53 pm

That is just how the NP chinos came, unfortunately. I might ask a tailor if it can be let out. The Dana ones don't come with the cuff so that should help as well. What do you mean by off, specifically? They are pretty wrinkled from being worn all day, is that what you're pointing out?

Thanks for the comments! Keeping the more vibrant colors in mind, most of my pants are pretty muted with regards to color so I'll keep an eye out.

Curious about thoughts on rolling the sleeves up with the jacket, y/n? I feel more comfortable having my sleeves up on most of my sweaters which sucks because I have to wash them often to get their form back. After 2-3 wears they stretch out quite a bit.

Are there some basic guidelines I should keep in mind with scarves? Never owned any before.

JewTurk

Postby JewTurk » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:06 pm

JewTurk

Postby tomsfood » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:38 pm

chinos tend to form really stiff looking creases from wear which I don't think at all matches the jizz of the slouchy sweater and robe-like jacket. I actually think pants in a similar fit would probably look fine but those chinos just look so stiff and structured in comparison to the rest. The lack of break only adds to the effect.

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby Vaeltaja » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:39 pm

Take this advice with a grain of salt. That jacket seems really tough to pull off. It's free size and very relaxed, which means you'll probably want room-y other pieces. The belt gives it a noragi feel. Boro/patchwork jeans in a fuller cut (Kapital) would probably do you very well. The jacket also seems very new, which imo, makes it also a bit tough (free and relaxed + overly clean... no fading, etc.). Alternatively, I think wider-legged pants + a heavy cuff would do nicely. Less... sleek boots would probably look good. Something chunkier, less shiny. Commando sole + large toebox might be nice.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby BobbyZamora » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:28 pm

@JewTurk I think the outfit looks okay right now.

My main suggestion would be to ditch the sweater. I don't think it goes well with that jacket colour wise (The tone is too similar, not enough contrast) and pushes the rest of the fit (navy pants and black docs) in to territory that doesn't really make sense with the jacket, stylistically. A lighter top (like white or heather grey) would be okay, but I think something colourful would be ideal.

I think the pants are perfectly fine, I can't really see the issue others are having with them.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby zayg » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:53 am

Fooling around. Thoughts? Wish this jacket was blue and a bit nicer, but I wanted to play with this. Considering some other shoes too.

zayg

Postby xinijia » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:35 pm

I recently busted the elbows on this jacket, I don't know if I should go through with the effort of patching them up/saving them. I need some help on how to wear this, in short.

xinijia

Postby Vaeltaja » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:46 pm

Combats or zips? Tuck or untuck? Samurai belt or regular dress belt? Ignore the bunching.. I just pushed the pants up.

Some thoughts: combats lead to a more "anatomical" look while the zip boots are simply sleeker. Coat's a casual 2 button throne collar... which is tough to see due to dirty mirror.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby yubbermax » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:12 pm

Trying out this new cardigan, super cool piece. The necks of the shirts didn't want to play nicely and wearing a longsleeve underneath requires lots of fidgeting with the arms. I still need to try it out over some of my other shirts and I have 2 vests incoming which should work well with it.

Detail

Boots tucked vs untucked. I prefer tucked as they're more aggro and I get even more staxx

Not sure how much longer I can go, both shirts are already quite long. The pants are drop crotch so that may be skewing how long they look

yubbermax

Postby creepinatshirtt » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:12 pm

Just got this Stephen Schneider sweater, trying different ways to wear it, i have some SS patchwork pants coming in soon that will pair great with this knit but im just trying to find other ways to incorporate it into my wardrobe. Im thinking that the only way to make it look not so plain and boring is to wear textured trousers with them. I just feel that all these other ways are pretry boring and bland, it could be the shoe choice too. Different derby maybe? Or even sneakers or some sort? Maybe its my camera/lighting but idk. Pretty lost here.
Anyways heres the pics.

First heres the texture of the sweater(photo taken from Suspension Point, lmao)

Tucked in

Untuck, with a wider legged trouser

Tried to incorporate the hat, i actually wore this out a day ago, i really like it personally but thats just cause it makes me feel like a rockstar with the hat and sunglasses x]

creepinatshirtt

Postby Pe3brain » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:06 am

Would like some feedback on these two fits yesterday Image and today Image any critiques welcome

Last edited by rjbman on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: http://care-tags.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=420
Pe3brain

Postby creepinatshirtt » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:58 am

Sorry to post again so soon. Really appreciate the feedback on my last post. Thanks everyone.

Anyway. Trying something a bit different, personally, not to sure how it worked out.
Should i have removed the one tee thats showing or does it provide a good break between the black? Theres also another tank underneath that i could have showing instead but its curved at the hem so i think it wouldnt make much sense transition wise from top to bottom/wouldnt look as good as a normal hem line.

Also kinda iffy on the look altogether, does it look/feel played out? Thanks again.

creepinatshirtt

Postby saveed_samir » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:55 am

blazer + mad stax = no

saveed_samir

Postby tomsfood » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:53 am

blazer + mad stax = yes

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby saveed_samir » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:22 am

well, in this case i dont think it works..the pants are not as clean cut as the blazer cuz of the stacking and the sticking out shirt only adds to this weird untidy effect..im thinking the fabric of that blazer (not that i can see shit but judging from the cut) probably isnt that textured as well, looks like its more of a tailored type than a casual type which is what the rest of the outfit is saying,esp with the docs. love to hear your thoughts ^

saveed_samir

Postby harmsalmon » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:59 am

agree with saveed here, the blazer I think is a bit too "crisp" looking for the earth-tone layered shirts and jean stacks. I think some kind of super heavy-gauge-knit long cardigan could look sorta cool here. or some kind of soloist-type thing like that

harmsalmon

Postby yoyobeat » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:42 pm

OK after 's care pkg which included a BLESS bracelet I decided to do what I've been wanting to for a while and seek out a BLESS clothing piece to my liking. It's a lengthy short sleeved sweatshirt with a tweed hood (the darker gray part). Can x-post pics of it or a video even to BLESS thread if anyone is interested.

I really like the pictured fit and plan on wearing it plenty once spring comes around. Although I'm a big fan of the Palladiums here, I wanted to ask you what other shoes you think would look good, keeping the rest of the fit as-is. It's OK to suggest specific shoes or just types of shoes i.e. derby or whatever.

yoyobeat

Postby austo » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:37 pm

This shirt ended up being much more billowy and loose than I expected (i think all the model pics sized down cause its the same size as my jacket that fits very slim)

Trying some stuff out, really unsure on it though. Feedback/suggestions appreciated

Personally kind of like the first one and am wearing that out today

austo

Postby Ques » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:20 pm

i'm bad at coming up with ways to wear my OL rainbow jacket

anyone have any ideas?

edit: follow up question: where do i buy pink pants

Ques

Postby BIGBEE » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:29 pm

I remembered that I actually bought BDUs that fit me in the waist, as opposed to size 38" (LOL) so I tried out a fit today
the things I was thinking for improvement are
1. different shoes maybe some kind of slip on
2. different color of pants, red and green is an iffy combo imo
3. maybe different hat a boonie would be really good for me but I'm staying strong on no cop

help me mr. wheel

BIGBEE

Postby Bonecracker1 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:46 pm

I just modified these old wool pants.
Do the pants look okay? Would grey socks be better?

Last edited by rjbman on Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: resized image
Bonecracker1

Postby rjbman » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:42 pm

Tried this on at an outlet over winter break.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby ramdomthought » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:43 pm

diff shorts and that is there

ramdomthought

PreviousNext

Return to Tags