[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - How do I Look?

How do I Look?

Clothes

Re: The Lab (fit experiments, feedback and suggestions)

Postby yubbermax » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:42 am

yubbermax

Postby yoyobeat » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:33 pm

yoyobeat

Postby BIGBEE » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:23 pm

I think that a chunkier boot like the lunarterra arktos would be better than the sleekish SFB

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1612349299 ... =82&chn=ps

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Lunarterra ... 259cc66519

BIGBEE

Postby finolino » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:52 pm

trying to wear my raf sweats with more than just a white long sleeve t underneath, but i feel like this misses the mark. darker denim might pull it together more, but i'm open to feedback regarding basically everything here with regards to my first statement especially

finolino

Postby sabisabi » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:08 am

posting for 2 of my friends who really wanted to know what you guys had to say about them.

throw them your critiques and all that

sabisabi

Postby ice » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:52 am

ice

Postby jrisk » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:45 am

I think if the guy swapped out the runners for something else—really almost anything else would work here—it would be a pretty cool outfit. easy pick would be some hitop chucks.

jrisk

Postby schiaparelli » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:29 am

schiaparelli

Postby MickePB » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:17 pm

Found this cardigan sweater thing and it was warm as hell.

I feel like Denim isn't the right choice though but I'm also not sure on what would be a better choice

MickePB

Postby uniacto » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:43 am

something most of you guys have probably seen before already, but feedback is appreciated. Its for valentines day! hoping that my pair of stans come soon enough because I feel like they would fit better than slip ons but if not, then i guess the slip ons would suffice.

American apparel, employee there thought I was shopping for "someone special" and gave me a booklet of lingerie sales "just in case"

I've tried calling ups because I'll be leaving my house for school Friday morning and not going back home until Monday, meanwhile the package is schedule to come Friday by the end of the day. gonna have a friend swing by there at like 1-2 and he'll pick it up for me if it's there, but if not then...

any color you'd recommend besides white?

uniacto

Postby aliencomingin » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:11 am

I feel like there is something that doesnt work in this fit

aliencomingin

Postby yoyobeat » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:59 am

the nikes' contrast swoosh and shape gives me a retro jizz that doesn't make sense with the cargos. denim jacket doesn't fit with the bottom half.

So the thing that doesn't 'work' is technically the cargos, but I like the cargos and think it would be cool to swap out the shoes for a slimmer boot or sneak because of the pants' taper. And then get a jacket up top that's either cropped or 6-10 inches longer with more pockets, or even just a clean leather cropped or similar length (while also changing the shoes). Denim is giving a different jizz than the more badass/military/future potential of the cargos.

yoyobeat

Postby ramseames » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:19 pm

Cargos + af1s isn't incohesive

Those pants just don't look good

ramseames

Postby JewTurk » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:45 pm

Nothing new here, more interested on whether or not the bun is working. My understanding is a super strong jaw line is pretty necessary for it and I really have no idea if I can pull it off. I may just be deluding myself into thinking it works because I've been growing it for so long etc

Criticisms on the clothes welcome too, pretty boring fit.

JewTurk

Postby bels » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:23 am

Have you ever tried wearing 501s and wallabies?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:45 am

sorry if you're bored of seeing this coat but it's surprisingly hard to wear well. tried with dark blue wool trous and dark denims, don't feel either really does it justice. any suggestions?

pirxthepilot

Postby stappard_ » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:35 am

those attempts seem a bit clean for the coat but i'm sure you've come to that conclusion already

on the runway it was all high cuffs and funny socks, a far higher hobo quotient

can't quite see your shoes but i'd avoid closed lacing. a chukka shape would be ideal (see below)

also not convinced more wool on your legs is what you need

rearrange these thoughts into a coherent argument

stappard_

Postby bels » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:44 am

Seems like the solution is more cdg

bels
Yung Winona

Postby saveed_samir » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:54 am

saveed_samir

Postby odradek » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:07 am

one thing to notice about the junya runway shots is the effect of layers. i know it's a tired conversation (how do layering???) but it's really evident and something that is noticeably absent from your shots, pirx. there're apparently three layers at the cuffs with the extraneous lining that you lost with the tailoring and you've only got one. additionally, the runway shots have the lower quarters open so you can see hints of the shirting between the jacket and pants. missing that looks like it flattens out the patchwork that otherwise makes it seem like a very alive garment. another thing that flattens out your version is the sleek boots - the runway shots all feature laces and visible discontinuities. if possible, i'd recommend an imitation of the third look you posted: tee under knit with long sleeves to peek out at cuffs and maybe only button the top button. i don't think the double v neckline of shirt to jacket is really helping you with the small lapels.

odradek

Postby pirxthepilot » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:12 pm

i made sure they kept the extraneous lining, do you take me for a savage?? (it sometimes gets tucked inside).and yeah the boots are a bit too sleek, i have some MA+ derbies that should be perfect once they're back from the mender. great analysis/commentary though, thanks. these discontinuous details really add up in a way that i hadn't consciously registered.

pirxthepilot

Postby Eddie » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:39 am

Just stop buttoning the coat
You don't need that hugging your waist and hips

Eddie

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:07 pm

ha, hips don't lie...i don't really have hips , sadly. it's the cut of the coat, fitted around chest. shoulders and waist and then flares out into a full skirt. some of the harnden pieces i've tried were similar, which makes sense as i think he worked for/with junya.

pirxthepilot

Postby nevergreen » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:12 pm

yo guys i'm trying to play with my timbs with looser fitting pants. i came up with this but i feel like i need a longer shirt? something could definitely be improved but i'm not sure what. graphic could also go away but it's like my longest tee so i went with it

comments criticism much appreciated

e; i tried letting them fall on the shoes but it didn't look great. i think the biggest thing is definitely the top half and fwiw i was inspired kind of by this

nevergreen

Postby Muzzle » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:01 am

Hi all, I'm not sure about the patterns or colors going together here

going for a manofkent fit now that I think about it

Muzzle

Postby cormac » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:32 pm

What would you change if you had the choice? I feel like something's either missing or off here.

edit: also anything to just make it more interesting.

cormac

Postby sbuers » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:46 pm

Image Image

Hi!
New to C-T, my friend showed me and this is my first upload. Currently a lot of stuff I have is thrifted but looking for advice on brands to buy that would suit my style. I'm 6"5 so it's quite hard to get styling right!
Here's some inspo pics for how I would like to dress:

Very jp streetwear, as I said the main problem is that I'm 6'5" which makes finding nice clothes that fit a challenge.

sbuers

Postby 0892368667 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:36 am

pick up some baggier pants to mix in with the slim ones and you'll be like 60% there. and maybe some kind of large sweatshirt/sweater.

Postby RomanEmpire » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:16 pm

Want some feedback on how to wear these pants

RomanEmpire

Postby bouquet » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:16 pm

So I bought this APC double rider thing off of rakuten. The pictures aren't super clear so I should specify that it isn't leather; it's this thick sort of canvas-y type material. I'm just wondering if it looks silly to have a double rider that hits around the middle of my fly as opposed to being super cropped like I see them worn a lot of the time?

bouquet

PreviousNext

Return to Tags