[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - How do I Look?

How do I Look?

Clothes

Re: The Lab (fit experiments, feedback and suggestions)

Postby yoyobeat » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:39 pm

Everything is fairly loose/up-sized so I wanted an outside perspective if that looseness seems to work, or looks sloppy?

yoyobeat

Postby sbuers » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:58 pm

Trying to focus more on proportions etc. Fit isn't the greatest by any stretch but any ideas on how to improve? Apologies for the awful pic quality. Also recs for trousers for tall people! (smiling)

sbuers

Postby weqe » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:18 pm

Blazer got here #psypsypsyched

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby trasparenti » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:18 pm

i just wanna post this hydrating ass speedsuit my dad gave me
figured i would wear it as such
thoughts welcome but im prolly just gonna fux with it

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby trasparenti » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:03 pm

lmao i meant to link this picture the second time instead of the same ol boring one twice my bad yall. can't edit so:

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby mc-lunar » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:42 pm

I thought you were just showing off how confident you were :(

mc-lunar

Postby ice » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:51 am

should i buy this rick-off thing they have at zara?

i don't know if i like how it looks zipped up
sorry the photos are garb

ice

Postby thephfactor » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:16 pm

Would appreciate feedback + suggestions

know the shoes are shitty but stuck with these, my NB 574s, some beater adidas, and my doc boots if they ever come.

Last edited by thephfactor on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thephfactor

Postby ptozzi » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:23 pm

ptozzi

Postby ptozzi » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:36 pm

: Proportionally, you seem to have a normal body. It's likely that some of it is in your head. You're a bit tall is all. Something that's not as drapey might look a bit better in my opinion.

edit: If you like the drape, stick with it. Work on the cohesion in that case.

ptozzi

Postby yoyobeat » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:43 pm

Not at all convinced of the following but hope it's food for thought at least,

I really like where you're going with it, reminds me of some cool Japanese dude. I don't think the Story jacket fits material-wise or color-wise, but the thing that isn't working for me overall is actually the color scheme. I think that all the black/dark colors removes some of the quirkiness from what's ultimately a fun silhouette. The black makes it feel a little mime-ish somehow. I think you could really benefit from a cool pattern and having that long shirt not be black (I know that's not helpful as you already own the black long shirt but yeah). Solid cotton or linen long shirt in another lighter blue or green or pink or beige color + story jacket + patterned scarf could be cool --- I'd at least be curious to see what it looked like. Bucket hat is good although again I'd rather it not be black, like a tiger camo would be cool.

I think shoes are fine, I like sneakers with stuff like this, I'd like to see a clearer view of where pants meet shoes since it looks interesting.

yoyobeat

Postby harmsalmon » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:04 pm

a shitty fit pic of the needles jacket I posted about a few days ago:

I love love love the jacket itself (inner zip pocket, diamond elbow patches, notched sleeve cuffs, super wide wale corduroy, iridescent lining!) but the sleeves are a bit longer and the body is a bit wider than I would like. the width sort of works because I've been meaning to buy more fuller-shaped pants anyway, but should I get the sleeves hemmed? it's a lined jacket so I'm hoping that wouldn't cost too much.

harmsalmon

Postby boy friend » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:42 am

i've been wearing variations of this fit for weeks (constant items being the rafdidas and the good design shop jacket) but then i want to try and spice it up by adding something different to it. the problem is, i have no idea what! _( :⁍ 」 )_

this is a variation that i wore today to celebrate the warmer weather but i have no idea how else to wear the rafdidas! i love these sneakers to death but then it's really hard to style them once i think about it.

..help i guess

CHEERS
P
boy friend

Postby Baddarn » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:56 pm

spontaneously I think of a voluminous pair of shorts with tights/long black socks/short black socks. If you're into RO pods I think those might look great with this.

I really think you should should play these with harsh volume changes and colour transitions, just like you've done. This fit is great!

or maybe you could go with a lot of white/beige.

- -
Baddarn

Postby sbuers » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:35 pm

Copped a couple of basics recently, feedback appreciated and welcomed! Apologies for the God-Awful image quality and the un-ironed shirt.

Thrift, H&M, Uniqlo x 2, Adidas

sbuers

Postby yoyobeat » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:30 pm

I'm not sure if this is wack or interesting. My gut says wack--- like I'm a 5 year old wearing a tutu, which is kind of a hilarious accomplishment with timbs on my feet :smile: . Feedback/critique please?

yoyobeat

Postby BIGBEE » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:36 pm

Jacket is too cropped, where the midlayers starts is too skirt-like imo. I think this would look good if the jacket hid more of the midlayer.
White pants and timbs is a cool concept though and it looks good here

E: That fishtail of yours might look good.

BIGBEE

Postby weqe » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:26 pm

Raided my grandma's cellar, dad's old tommy hilfinger shirt

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby AmericanPie » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:34 pm

Advice/Suggestions/flintstone for longer shirts/tunics? I picked this up maybe 6 weeks ago, and haven't really worn it out yet until today. I guess I could wear it open or tucked in, but that seems to defeat the purpose of the wearing a long shirt.

Side Profile:

I really like the side profile, but I think it looks awkward from the front.

AmericanPie

Postby bels » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:39 am

If something looks OK from the side but weird from the front but OK from another angle it probably looks fine in real life.

Would probably like it more if the shirt was wider but i dunno how you could effect that. Keep your hands in your pockets maybe.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby HeavenResign » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:49 pm

I wasn't really sure where else to post this but this kind of seems like the place.

A month or so ago in the ask a question thread I asked about different kinds of skinny black jeans. Someone suggested I just wax a pair of my own, so I did. I feel good about how they turned out. I think I kind of over-waxed them as I found it a little more difficult to get the jeans to absorb the wax than most tutorials seemed to imply, I'm guessing because most tutorials are done with canvas which based on the feel of my canvas stuff probably creates more friction due to either the weave or the material itself. I'm not super worried about it though, I think it looks good and whatever excess wax will just rub off and I can give it another go in a few months.

It's kind of hard to get a picture that shows the effect of the wax, at some point I'll try and get a better one. But yeah I wanted to thank c-t for being a cool place to ask questions about clothes, I'm really happy with how this turned out. I plan on just wearing it with these boots and my double rider, maybe a pair of black suede RMW chelseas that I think I'll order in a month or two.

HeavenResign

Postby yourdad » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:05 am

I bought black high tops (buttero tanino high) for the first time in years! I figured I could wear them with slim jeans and a tee but that sounded boring so I threw together a quick fit. It's basically everything I own that's black and oversized. Advice and other ideas would be appreciated!

Without the jacket

yourdad

Postby Cowboy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:35 am

I tried some light stuff here and I'm relatively happy with how it turned out. I know the basic problems like the hat sits weird(its my bed of hair), and that the pants don't settle perfectly.

anyways, what extra could I/should I do?

thanks alot man, really felt good to hear that

Cowboy

Postby mknro » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:40 am

Geller sweatshirt just came. And it's (as expected) very oversized. Arms are quite bulky though
In the show it was styled with cuffed loose trousers,and two layers of layering under it. No treally practical for daytoday, was wondering if it looks alright with the Acne Ace I wear most days

lol awkward pose
side angles:

sorry for weird angle

runway pic:

is this even the right thread for this :???:

mknro

Postby frogosaurus » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:11 pm

Tried out these pants I got last summer today in something I'd normally opt for slim pants in. They're linen, and from H&M (ugh), so they cuff like shit, but I kinda liked the way they brutalized my proportions. Interested in using these as a jumping off point for more reg-fit stuff. Any advice / feedback appreciated!

frogosaurus

Postby Cowboy » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:23 pm

Srry for the Enter into my World pics but how is this?

Cowboy

Postby station » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:41 pm

Trying something new. Obviously it would need some adjustments(hemming), but I'm not sure how flattering it is on me in the first place. Thoughts? Pic expands

station

Postby can- » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:00 am

Put on shoes

can-

Postby bels » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:11 am

Looks great. I'd hem it (but to a point where it still pools) then buy 7 white tshirts and wear it every day for the next month.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby jamesaanderson » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:43 pm

Bought this tunic shirt from Cos but having trouble working it into fits. How could this be improved?

jamesaanderson

PreviousNext

Return to Tags