[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - How do I Look?

How do I Look?

Clothes

Re: How do I Look?

Postby twins » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:12 pm

anything wrong/off about this? i know the undershirt should be longer but didnt rlly get good reception

thanks ct

sstn // fmm
twins

Postby BIGBEE » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:15 pm

toomuch going on

like way too much, get rid of the thing around ur waist in my opinion

BIGBEE

Postby rjbman » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:55 pm

and don't cuff those have perfect pooling potential

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby PrimePrime » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:40 pm

Wife found this Yohji tank misstocked in the women's section and I snatched it up. I'd really like to get a little wear out of it while it's still a bit warm, but haven't really tried out a top like this before. Any advice for styling it is much appreciated :D

PrimePrime

Postby bleeker » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:17 pm

Found this image from earlier in the year by rummaging through my phone.
I thrifted these woolen trousers in March and I still haven't thought of a good way to wear them (other than this)

Does anyone have any suggestions for different tops?
Type of shoes that could work? Color?
Should I get them tailored?

I'm at a loss, any ideas will be appreciated and considered

bleeker

Postby 106-2 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:29 am

didn't feel as though these were interesting enough to post in waywt, but also looking for some general feedback on what might improve these

(apologies also for the photo quality, trousers in both are cotton twill which i stole from my stepdad, no tags)

106-2

Postby okuu6 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:37 am

Something is wrong with bottom half, leather socks don't seem to work here maybe? Would Rick creepers work better?

This is a sea urchin.
これはウニです。

okuu6

Postby trichomatic » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:17 pm

Was originally intending to sell the shirt because it's a bit tight buttoned up. Decided to try to make it work unbuttoned since it seems no one will buy it anyways. I think it works ok in outdoorsy looking fits but not entirely sure, hence this post.

trichomatic

Postby trichomatic » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:33 pm

same pants as here

trichomatic

Postby wintyd0n0 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Something a bit different -

wintyd0n0

Postby lyysander » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:40 pm

Ok, guys, I need your help.

I'm a short, slightly chubby (5'4" 150lbs) transgender dude. All of these combine together such that my tops generally fit like this:

Honestly, I thought this was pretty solid in comparison to other things I've worn in the past. The internet disagreed.

My problem is that if I buy tops in a slim-medium (or sometimes an oversized small), they tend to fit nicely in the torso in a way that you can't tell that I'm shaped differently than most other guys. But then they're also too long, and sometimes too big in other areas like the shoulders. If I size down, the shoulders and arms fit better but they're way too snug everywhere else and I usually get too self-conscious to leave the house.

How does the above fit look? How would you suggest modifying it? Do you have any overall suggestions for a better fit, short of taking my entire wardrobe to the tailor? I really appreciate the feedback.

EDIT: Thanks, everyone, I'm really really appreciative.

lyysander

Postby vgtbls » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:41 am

EG is often cut with a generous bell shape, widely available secondhand in small sizes. Might be worth looking into down the road. Nick, agvs, and ramdomthought have a lot more experience with the brand's specific offerings than I do. A lot of contemporary men's clothing is cut aggressively slim. There's definitely loads things I have that I'd tailor if I wasn't so lazy, but instead I tend to just buy things that fit how I want. Takes a bit to find that zone for everyone.

I'm not a huge fan of the shoes you're wearing tbh. All-black sneakers are fine but I think with the joggers (joggers, right?) they're emphasized by the taper here and end up looking kind of blah. Vans old skools and slipons have a quadrillion different colors and are never that expensive.

vgtbls

Postby INNIT » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:48 pm

there's a transman in one of my classes that honestly dresses so fucking well. dude wears short boxy tees and straight legged dockers/501s (rolled up OBVS) with vans, but his proportions create straight lines going from his torso to his upper thigh, completely obscuring his hips and waist. he doesnt look overly baggy/sloppy because his shirts are all boxy but not too long, and he never lets his pants pool. many jap brands cut things short (or at least not long) and boxy (sasquatchfabrix comes 2 mind) and honestly it's the way of the future

INNIT

Postby xinijia » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:45 pm

Do I like this shirt, its a tunic and long but its redder than i usually go... recently accepted the fact i'm a tan asian and warm saturated colours are cool (hah) too.
I should get more orangy stuff

my favourite colour is bingle bangle
xinijia

Postby lyysander » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:08 pm

After taking everyone's advice into consideration, here's attempt #2 with the joggers (you were right, ). I think this time the pants and footwear jive a lot better, the proportions work more for my shortness, and the overall color scheme is more cohesive. Am I on the right track?

lyysander

Postby Julio » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:34 am

right so my friend is offering to sell me this ss04 (tag dates 2004 but one site has exact piece on runway as ss05) junya jacket which i happen to really like, but it comes up a tad short in the sleeve, resulting in a shrunken silhouette. i kind of dig it but i'm open to second opinions that it's just too... small, overall? this is something i have to deal with on a fairly common basis considering my proportions, and while part of me wishes it was a size or two larger i don't mind how it fits right now and it's a really good price too.

excuse the shoddy photos >_>

Julio

Postby odradek » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:36 am

the sleeves would bother me if i wore at that length but i think it looks good otherwise, if your wardrobe ain't packed out and you're gonna wear it and it's cheap, i don't see why not.

odradek

Postby iralanwitnuk » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:01 pm

Tucked

Untucked

I recently purchased these pants but I'm having trouble making then work in fits (might just be because the waist is too big so when I tighten it it cinches and folds over). Do either of these look alright or should I just give up on these pants lol

"Let's all buy Birkenstocks and go hug some trees"
iralanwitnuk

Postby Vaeltaja » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:18 pm

Basically, how can I make the pants look not like sweats but something more reasonably bizcas (or at least wearable with blazers and shiny shoes)?

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby adiabatic » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:18 pm

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby Copeland » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:08 pm

Could I make black jeans work with these boots? Jeans are Uniqlo miracle air so they're kinda awkward cuffed. The boots are basically nicer Docs. I feel like they're too chunky too to be worn with skinny denim unless cuffed and going for the This is England look.

Copeland

Postby Copeland » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:04 pm

Got an UniqloxLemaire coat from grailed. Went TTS. The seller said "worn twice," but I'm suspecting that the sleeves have been shortened. The shoulder to cuff length is about 3" shorter than the measurement listed on the Uniqlo website. This is a large with a 23.5" sleeve length, the website says 26 6/7". Have they been altered? If so, can I make this work? The cuffs come up to my wrists. I don't have experience with Lemaire but none of the pictures I googled show shortened sleeves. I'm a true 50.

Edit: Asked for a return already which escalated to a paypal case cuz the seller wouldn't refund and denies it's been altered. The coat has a slight kimono shape to it and I guess it can work, but I figured I can just roll up the sleeves on the normal sized version too. Just mad that the seller was dishonest. It was also an inexpensive purchase so I thought a refund would've been without hassle.

Inside of sleeve

Copeland

Postby lyysander » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:53 pm

I feel like I'm clogging up this thread so my apologies.

Anyways, my dad was going to throw out these pants but I thought I might see if I could make them work. They're a good 4-6 inches longer than I'd like them to be, but I thought they looked pretty cool with a messy pin roll. My options are: keep them as-is and roll them as such (obviously with some footwear), or take them to a tailor and get them heavily tapered as was suggested to me in the Buyer's Guide thread a bit back. Thoughts?

(Please excuse room decor, I haven't lived here in many years.)

lyysander

Postby Cowboy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:04 pm

(smiling)

Cowboy

Postby Cowboy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:31 pm

redacted

Last edited by Cowboy on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cowboy

Postby BIGBEE » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:49 pm

The fit looks fine through the leg but I think they could use a hem.

BIGBEE

Postby freddy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:23 pm

Pulling the dior homme/balmain fuccboi look. Light wash jeans or khaki trousers?

And amidoingirite w the yellow trench? Or isit2muchcolor??

Figured out my look w the tie by going two-tone preppy. But how to red velvet blazer tho?

Bonus pic ;)

Found some raf sweats:

Reg sweat

Or Dino-rawrsaur knit sweat

Collar deets

??

freddy

Postby kindofyoung » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:53 pm

Red jacket is cool, but atleast one size too large for you (as you can see from both shoulders, sleeve length and waist)
Shirt looks unkempt, the collar is too small and it should be tucked if you want to wear a tie.
Tie is too matchy matchy with the red jacket and too skinny for both of the looks, get something wider and learn how to tie a nicer knot (I'm personally a big fan of the Half-Windsor http://www.tie-a-tie.net/halfwindsor/)
Neither pants are very good, but if you don't want to wear something less casual I'd just skip the tie entirely.
The second jacket looks to fit much better but for some reason you haven't buttoned it, a double-breasted jacket should more or less always be buttoned.

The one thing I do like is the red and yellow together in the first picture with the jacket, but the tie is still bad there.
And I mean, I get that it's intended to be "sloppy", but none of the pieces are nice enough or fit well enough that it looks intended, it just looks bad.

PS: If the blazers or sweaters are sz small/46 I'd be interested in both

kindofyoung

Postby freddy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:05 pm

Hey thanks for the feedback! Red jacket is a balmain 52EU which explains the larger silhouette, def not the typical Balmain slim as I eyeball the model pics despite the high armholes, or have any waist suppression like I reckon for other balmain jackets which prob wouldn't be right for tuxedo jacket. There is some shoulder padding and some accentuation for the shoulders which I think is done purposefully. Like I said in your rep comment, I think the shoulders fit (18" s2s) bc I have broad shoulders but need an aggressive cut for my EU44/46 body so I'd need some serious taper. Maybe I'll try an gigantic oversized red bow-tie or something w it. You're right about the tie, def not proportate to the large jacket. I received them both on the same day today so decided to play around w it. I found my groove with the two-tone preppy blazer but not so much with the red one.

I'm thinking maybe down the road I'll cop some red denim or something to make this work or pass it on.

Unfortunately the raf knit is a M but the reg archival sweat is S but fits oversized. Will keep you in mind for the latter one if I decide to pawn it off in the future! If anything, I do have an Alexander Plokhov cropped blazer in 46 (copped bnwt and tried on)that doesn't fit me in storage if you're ever interested.

freddy

Postby Cowboy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:22 pm

Update post hem ()

I like them!

Cowboy

PreviousNext

Return to Tags