[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - How do I Look?

How do I Look?

Clothes

How do I Look?

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:23 pm

Last edited by rjbman on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed topic icon
DeafIdiotGod

Re: The Lab (fit experiments, feedback and suggestions)

Postby jrisk » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:33 pm

i love this sweatshirt a lot and I wear it a lot, but most of the time it's just over a tee with jeans or shorts. I've been trying to make it a bit more interesting by wearing it over a collared shirt but it never looks the way I imagine it. I like how it looks with my higher rise denim, especially the light wash because it makes me feel like a strapping young sportster

jrisk

Postby ramdomthought » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:13 pm

For some reason i want something else for shoes there

As the others said, the sleeves poking out is kind of off at their current length

Would like to see a 3/4 sleeve plaid or oxford here

ramdomthought

Postby kyung » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:50 pm

think rigging something like this

on the side seams would help wearing an oxford or similar collared shirt underneath sit better instead of being constricted by the ribbing on the bottom of the sweat (though it does look loose in the photo, did you stretch it?) it could also help the sweat billow out a bit more. i think the way the sleeves flare out already create this sort of "A" shape with your top, and making the sweat looser in the torso would accentuate that. i'd probably wear on top of a white oxford, rolled up sleeves, and some olive tapered cargo/fatigue/jodhpur type deal

as a bottom to contrast the top and with diff shoes (stan smiff, nb's, postmans maybe)

i hope this makes sense... :???:

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby ramseames » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:59 pm

i don't think the cut of the sweat to begin with is that great for you tbh, which i assume is because you bought something inexpensive/wide to experiment with (I would have done the same).

side slits might help it sit better around the waist/pits. buuuut then you'd be a dude wearing a sweat with side slits. so don't do that

ramseames

Postby BIGBEE » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:06 am

What don't you like about side slits ramseames?

BIGBEE

Postby kyung » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:12 am

you see it in streetwear pretty frequently through ADYN (though these have zippers), john elliott, and i guess most notably with the kanye apc sweats

like most stuff that detail is being diluted and being put on everything as cool ~streetstyle~ photos make their rounds about tumblr

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby Ques » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:21 am

i guess this is a good place to drop this:

still trying to figure out how/if i can wear this? suggestions welcome!

Ques

Postby can- » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:32 am

hard to say but blazer looks like it fits, would look better with full pants and top button undone IMO.

knit is cool but under jacket just looks like lame uptight preppy orange knit. give it a chance to shine on its own or with a some monochrome jacket that will show it off :smile:

can-

Postby Blastoise » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:38 am

Given that's it's too big you should really take advantage of that if you want it to look "intentional" with looser pants or a looser/flowy top underneath (not necessarily oversized). But I do like what you have going on otherwise. That fit of it isn't that off either.

Blastoise

Postby popcorn » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:56 am

I might be going against the grain here but I think having the sleeves of a short sleeve shirt peak could actually look very good, and you're close to it, but I'd prefer if the shirt's sleeves were a little below where those were and that they hold their own shape substantially, to create a sharp wing-like look. I believe I remember seeing a guy wearing a trove short sleeve shirt and short sleeve sweatshirt with the sleeves of the shirt peeking out pretty substantially. They were both muted tone but noticably different, so it's kind of a color-block sleeve effect that works nicely with elbow-length sleeves. For enhanced proportions he had these really blocky shorts, I think they were trove too, but you could probably get the same look from patagonia stand-up shorts or the like.

Being as this is a thread for unrestricted creativity, I recreated the look!

This might not be your style, and if so disregard me, but you could probably pull it off :^)

I think the only issue I can pick out without totally changing this is that nothing echos anything else - all the pieces have their own color, and it winds up very busy. The fit is also very slim, but I'm not one to want to change that. I'd say this is a great outfit if you skipped the blazer or the jumper. Or, to keep the cool top block, blue pants (the same color as the blazer or a light blue) would make everything more cohesive to me.

All my advice boils down to "make this more boring, the pieces are too cool."

popcorn

Postby stappard_ » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:55 am

I just wanted to share this photo of Anthony Perkins perfecting the short sleeve sweatshirt about 50 years ago. Awesome

stappard_

Postby needlethatsings » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:03 pm

Oh man, this thread was made for me. So I've been playing around with the UU moto jacket I just got. I'm fairly happy with this fit (except for the cut of the jeans), but I'm still a little iffy about layering tees. I can never tell if it looks cool or just pointless in my outfits. I've also got some feedback that the shoe/sock combo is off, which I'm not sure if I agree with. My idea was that the white sole would make sense w/ the white tee, but idk.

uu, uniqlo, aa, uniqlo, grenson

needlethatsings

Postby soundclip989 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:17 pm

soundclip989

Postby soundclip989 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:38 pm

Fit experiment

soundclip989

Postby nick » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:37 pm

Supreme f-1 jacket... as a midlayer.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby pips » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:20 pm

I like the length and silhouette of the coat for that fit, but the color is too strong a contrast for the rest of it. Maybe a light gray or cream colored coat instead? Or maybe you can switch out the shoes for something else in black if you want to wear the coat just so it's not too overwhelming.

Or just remove it altogether. The red patch on the back of the shirt is a nice, unexpected detail (reminds me of a slash wound, in a good way) and hiding it under the coat would be a waste.

pips

Postby Blastoise » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:34 pm

Got a henley from Vermont Flannel in medium according to their size chart, although in most brands I'm a small. Wanted it slightly loose and flowly obviously but not too big. Feel like it might be but I think the sleeves would be too short if I sized down. Droops slightly in the shoulders too. Rather long and baggy. Think it's alright when layered though? Conflicted.

not asking for advice on posture, irrelevant comment

Last edited by Blastoise on Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blastoise

Postby RomanEmpire » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:23 pm

What shoes are those? Flannel looks fine

RomanEmpire

Postby bels » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:42 pm

Too much of this thread should be in WAYWT.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby CleanThug » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:22 pm

Get some bball shoes instead of runners if you want to spice things up- astrid is gay thug wear for the court

thinking flightposite, foamposite but others could work too. those glove's are p dope

looks fine either way

CleanThug

Postby nevergreen » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:25 pm

as much as i wanna like those pants i just can't do it they make your legs look so flimsly it reminds me of

plus (to me) the shirt looks like it's too big rather than intentionally oversized and it looks odd paired with such a taper on the pants. and tbh i think the af1s would look better here than the bernards or rafs

nevergreen

Postby maj » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:29 pm

wilhelm hype is blind, wear those rafs in the background.

maj

Postby vgtbls » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:29 pm

Lebron XI would be pretty good imo. AF1 highs work too.

vgtbls

Postby smiles » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:39 pm

I actually like the rafs after seeing the closer up picture. I think the main problem is the way that the pants interact with the shoes and how the crinkling makes your legs look a strange. Either an artful pool or something more cropped would really soften out those distracting lines. I'm not sure if it would look good, but even pushing up the hems might solve the problem.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby yubbermax » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:11 pm

Messing around with my new coat. Not too sure about the tucked jeans but I don't really like how long they are despite how cool the raw edge is. I may try tapering the jeans as the opening is a bit big for my tastes. The coat is a bit tight when buttoned which kind of sad but I tried layering a sweatshirt underneath and it was still manageable.

Jacket is from MKI (). I had my eye on this for awhile when I saw one come up on grailed I snagged it. The shirt is really cool, nicely textured linen with raw edges. I kind of bought it on a whim but it's hand made by a French designer Adeline Basely and the only thing I could find about it was these pics from SZ (5th and 6th pics) . Jeans are DRKSHDW and are made from poplin which is a little weird but kinda cool. Boots are mono Docs.

yubbermax

Postby CleanThug » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:38 pm

let your pants fall onto the boots, much better for your proportions

CleanThug

Postby chilljin » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:39 pm

cargos + blazer yes no?

chilljin

Postby stappard_ » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:47 pm

Need some lab help on this one. Bought a maggie suit for £45, it could probably do with some adjusting. There's some room to lengthen the legs a bit so I'll probably start with that, I think the widish leg needs a bit more length in my case.

Anything else? or should I just market it?

The material's lovely, if I can whip it into shape it'll make a great louche slouchy summer suit

stappard_

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:52 pm

even with the trousers let down the jacket shortness would bug me, although perhaps it could work if you wear it open with a t or something? lovely material.

pirxthepilot

Next

Return to Tags