[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - How do I Look?

How do I Look?

Clothes

Re: The Lab (fit experiments, feedback and suggestions)

Postby yoyobeat » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:42 am

yoyobeat

Postby sidewalk » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:20 pm

Guys, stack or hem?

ImageImage

sidewalk

Postby yoyobeat » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:40 pm

the longer one or the shorter one?

yoyobeat

Postby tomsfood » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:02 pm

the shorter one. I think it's a bit too ratty looking/worn and not "worn in" in the right way. I quite like the longer one.

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby yubbermax » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:08 pm

Drizzly, overcast, lazy day wear.

Thrift/Saucony/Docs

yubbermax

Postby yubbermax » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:34 pm

Dubble post. Didn't wear this out, just playing around with some stuff.

MKI/Stat_ment/RO/KKA/DD

yubbermax

Postby JewTurk » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:49 am

Trying to make outfits where espadrilles work but with garments I already have. Is the color throwing anything off? Would some all white or striped espadrilles be better? I know Tom's aren't great but I'm looking at getting some nicer ones if I think I can work them into my wardrobe.

I don't want to become a "beanie guy" but right now my hair is so unmanageable it's either hat guy or beanie guy.

I honestly have no fucking idea what I'm doing at this point.

e:

What's wrong with the pants here? I always get criticism on the pants being too tight but I see the opposite criticisms on even tighter pants. I'm assuming I'm just building an outfit around them wrong, I'd rather keep the pants as a core piece and build outward.

Last edited by JewTurk on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
JewTurk

Postby nick » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:57 am

Too long for rep comment : The espadrilles + beanie (and slouchy sweater + skinny jeans) definitely make it look it like you're going to bust out an acoustic guitar jam at any second. Not that it's a bad look @ all - I'm just picking up those kind of vibes.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby deadkitty » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:22 pm

I think you seriously need some shoes with a bigger profile than vans/espadrilles. looks like you've got small feet as is and those shoes dont help at all

deadkitty

Postby yoyobeat » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:31 pm

I wish more people used this space to post fits rather than WAYWT because i like hearing other peoples' feedback like above, it helps me think about things I wouldn't have otherwise and learn from others. So if anyone was thinking about it.... post!

I think this is the last version of this fit- trying advice from the first time around of a boot and looser pant. Ideally the gray sweatshirt could be longer to fit the dropped crotch, but I don't think it is bad as is.

This ultra-relaxed silhouette *feels good* on a visceral level and I suspect it's the direction I'm heading (at least when I'm able to wear it). :mrgreen:

yoyobeat

Postby tomsfood » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:13 am

sorry, just saw you tagged me now. Quick disclaimer, everything that follows is strictly my opinion and at the end of the day wear what makes you happy, not what makes some strangers on the internet happy.

Most of your fits seem to have a pretty enhanced carrot/taper shape, which is only exaggerated with the long hair now (which is awesome btw). I think the root cause of this is the pants; they are skinny with a strong taper. I think you realize your proportions are not what you want and the reaction is to get lower profile shoes which interact better with the skinnier pants better by themselves but when you look at the outfit as a whole they only contribute to the carrot effect. I think a better solution would be to get some straighter or even looser pants to try out. Slimmer shoes may still be good but I think a first step would be different pants. Also nonjeans would help, jeans are very one dimensional and don't really say anything in an outfit at least for me (if they are dark indigo or black that is) so it might be worth exploring other pant options.

Sorry if this sounds harsh or something, just trying to help!

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby JewTurk » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:22 am

JewTurk

Postby yoyobeat » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:42 pm

they're old made in England Doc Martens (just the standard black boot I think). Although looking now at some photos of the modern doc martens the toe box isn't as bulbous on the boots i have.

p.s. thanks for the feedback + opinions everyone, they are appreciated as always.

yoyobeat

Postby ramdomthought » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:35 pm

boots + pants is main concern

cuff pants higher? lower? boots too chunky?

ramdomthought

Postby soundclip989 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:15 pm

Looks fine. I would like a lighter brown boot, but this works.

soundclip989

Postby soundclip989 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:17 pm

Wasn't sure about this one, it's from a while back. Looking at it again, the sleeve cuff is too much.

soundclip989

Postby yubbermax » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:41 am

Variation on my previous post.

yubbermax

Postby finolino » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:18 pm

not sure about this, as floral is basically dead (although i think it works here) and i'm a stranger to looser pants. how to improve?

finolino

Postby BIGBEE » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:07 pm

are those af1's finolino? I approve of the bottom half, shirt is actually a decent floral pattern but I don't like it here.

BIGBEE

Postby Ques » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:18 pm

whenever i wear stuff like this all my friends at school lap it up and tell me i look great but

forever21/COS/UO/sk8his -- these jeans are kind of waxed and are black

deet

pant:

felt very #NYFW, pants are herringbone wool and EG overshirt is polka-dotted

vintage thrifted levi size XXL lamb-trucker/EG/uniqlo/uniqlo/birks

Ques

Postby JewTurk » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:03 pm

Just fishing for general opinions/critiques.

Currently looking for some pants with a leg opening similar to this:

Vermont Flannel Co... Absolutely thrilled with the quality on these flannels to be honest, great customer service, I ended up swapping sizes twice and I am unbelievably happy with them.

JewTurk

Postby hamburgerlady » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:01 pm

a/w'14 x3, s/s'13, vans.
trying out shorts + trousers.
wish i could find some really good wool slim trousers, lad ones are far away in my list at the moment.

hamburgerlady

Postby yoyobeat » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:34 pm

I really like how this looks from the side/back, but the front seems pretty weird to me. Looking for constructive crit and ways to improve it

yoyobeat

Postby soundclip989 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:13 pm

soundclip989

Postby pei » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:43 pm

uniqlo, american apparel, black crane, muji, docs, the pool

trying out something a bit new i guess. it's fall~winter right now so bag lady looks is the way to go!
honestly i like how this looks, but i want suggestions and stuff to help me jazz it up and alter it as i go~

:0)
pei

Postby Vaeltaja » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:11 pm

Tucked in or untucked?

Shoes are just slippers, ignore those.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby BIGBEE » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:55 pm

would like feed back on these pants

loose pinroll

full on pinroll

uncuffed completely

Cuffed

I think these pants need a hem tbh, but I would like to hear your thoughts!
I think I'm coming closer and closer to where I want to be in terms of how I dress!

BIGBEE

Postby yubbermax » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:57 pm

New Damir Doma shirt/tunic. Ignore the fact that it's super wrinkled

DD/KKA/DD

yubbermax

Postby yubbermax » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:38 pm

and why are you against the boot tuck?

yubbermax

Postby raags » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:11 pm

looks weird with long shirt and tucked boots, legline is too short in relation to the rest. the tuck highlights the shape and surface of the boots (flat with a fairly untextured surface relative to the stacks of the pants) which looks awkward to me

raags
Best Dressed

PreviousNext

Return to Tags