[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - distinctly different from the other food threads

distinctly different from the other food threads

Off topic

Re: distinctly different from the other food threads

Postby zayg » Thu May 01, 2014 2:41 pm

popeyes chicken dipped in the mashed potatoes with the spicy gravy

zayg

Postby bueno » Thu May 01, 2014 5:17 pm

kebabs after a night out are always welcome

or chips and cheese

bueno

Postby purkinje » Thu May 01, 2014 5:21 pm

Waffles and bacon, for dinner

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby RomanEmpire » Thu May 01, 2014 8:16 pm

In-n-out opened down the road from my house a couple months ago. Only been there a few times but it's really good. Fries aren't good unless you add salt to them though

RomanEmpire

Postby nevergreen » Thu May 01, 2014 8:25 pm

get animal style bruh

nevergreen

Postby pips » Thu May 01, 2014 11:50 pm

It's interesting how fast food varies from country to country even if it's the same joint. These are observations of fast food places in Asian cities.

- KFC chicken in Singapore is so very different from the one here in Manila. For starters, they dont serve chicken with rice but with fries. I cant eat chicken without rice! Second, the gravy is totally different in taste and texture. The one here is thick, goopy and super good (people pile it on like soup) and in Singapore it's just thin, bland and sad. The chicken itself seems like it was made with a disparate recipe.

- McDonald's HK has a lot more fries options. I really enjoyed the seaweed flavored one, which they dont sell here.

- Burger King is consistent in all the cities I've eaten it in. For some reason I always eat at Burger King while I'm stuck in an airport and I order the same thing: Mushroom Swiss Cheese Burger and it tastes the same.

We have these slightly more expensive fast food-ish places that serve Korean-style chicken (idk why it's always Korean-style chicken) like Bonchon but I'm not a fan of fried chicken coated in sauce. Their sauces tend to be on the sweet side and I dont like sweet meat.

I'm not sure if sandwich shops like Subway and Quiznos are considered as fast food but if I need to eat on the go I buy at these places if I can because I feel like it's healthier.

My favorite fast food breakfast meal would have to be the Sausage McMuffin Burger from McDonalds and it's a shame they dont sell it past 10am. For dessert DQ is nice if a bit expensive and indulgent (I like their sundaes with the chocolate bar bits) and Wendy's Frosty is also a favorite but McDonalds sundae is the best value for money, plus you can get it pretty much everywhere.

In n Out opened a pop up kiosk here a couple of months ago for like 3 hours only and the lines were horrendous! I think they were testing the market? I'm curious as to how great their burgers actually are because it's so highly lauded on the net.

Edit: I forgot about Jollibee, the somewhat national fast food chain. When I was kid I was a Jollibee Chickenjoy fiend. Sometimes I'd throw a fit and refuse to eat anything else if I wanted some Chickenjoy... but I grew out of it, as it seems. Whenever I step foot inside a Jollibee I cant seem to like anything to order. The only thing I eat from them now are their peach mango pies. Their burger steaks are massively popular but I have nothing but loathing for those things which everyone around me thinks is unimaginable.

pips

Postby seth83292 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:10 am

After having KFC in India, I can no longer eat KFC anywhere else. They have this spicy crunchy chicken burger that's amazing. Chick-fil-a and Wendy's spicy chicken burger only come sort of close.

seth83292

Postby sknss » Fri May 02, 2014 9:19 am

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby deadkitty » Fri May 02, 2014 6:47 pm

I find this actually kind of interesting. Why is it that these huge corporations always seem so out of touch? Surely there's got to be someone in their massive marketing department that thinks this is a dumb idea?

deadkitty

Postby ramseames » Fri May 02, 2014 9:59 pm

SUBWAY COOKIES

ramseames

Postby Blastoise » Fri May 02, 2014 11:07 pm

My opinion: In N Out is mediocre, if not below average. I don't understand the hype at all. Culver's has some of the best fast food burgers.

Blastoise

Postby soundclip989 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:11 pm

Jimmy Johns is good. I think I like it better than subway and Quiznos.

The seafood sub at subway is surprisingly not bad.

soundclip989

Postby nick » Fri May 02, 2014 11:26 pm

Subway fills me with an irrational hatred. $5 footlongs are actually pretty chill, but I associate it with people's propensity to bring in those onion-loaded sandwiches into public spaces and stank up the area very hard. Bonus hardcore grinding points if the sound of them munching on it is prominent in a quiet space (office/library)

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby silvaeri » Fri May 02, 2014 11:52 pm

jimmy johns is tasty, but i ate so much of it when i worked there (because why would i turn down a free sub every shift) so i'm a little sick of their subs and don't eat them very often anymore.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby soundclip989 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:59 am

Back in highschool, I had a buddy who worked at jimmy johns, and he would have a challenge of $50 to whoever could eat a loaf of day old bread in under five minutes or something with no water. Out of like, 50 people, I'm the only one who saw that money.

soundclip989

Postby prosopon » Sat May 03, 2014 4:01 pm

anyone outside the midatlantic US is missing out on wawa

prosopon

Postby g2x222 » Sat May 03, 2014 4:56 pm

g2x222

Postby Capt » Sat May 03, 2014 5:58 pm

Freebirds burritos and Whataburger for forever and ever

Capt

Postby can- » Sun May 04, 2014 2:24 am

eating rotisserie chickens with ur hands

can-

Postby balloons » Sun May 04, 2014 2:52 am

it's good living in the future

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby fun_yunchables » Sun May 04, 2014 4:12 am

^ about living in the future...

there's this burrito box vending machine or something in la

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby nevergreen » Mon May 05, 2014 1:31 am

jersey mikes is sooooooo much better than subway or any other sub shop i've tried so far

nevergreen

Postby g2x222 » Tue May 06, 2014 3:03 pm

g2x222

Postby stappard_ » Tue May 06, 2014 3:10 pm

Its like you people have never been to a Chicken Cottage or something

stappard_

Postby CPV1 » Tue May 06, 2014 3:22 pm

Nah, blud. Man is on a Morley's ting.

CPV1

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Tue May 06, 2014 3:29 pm

UnwashedMolasses

Postby exprof » Tue May 06, 2014 4:40 pm

I want a smoked meat sammich, fries and a cherry soda right now...

exprof

Postby CleanThug » Thu May 08, 2014 3:54 pm

cinabon bites from Taco Bell have to be one of the tastiest things i've ever eaten

Taco Bell is the bomb

CleanThug

Postby ramdomthought » Sat May 10, 2014 6:38 pm

culver's root beer floats are $3

i'm going to get very fat this summer

ramdomthought

Postby balloons » Mon May 12, 2014 11:53 pm

pita kitchen near my house sells these awesome thick fries for $2, looks like these

gonna buy some tomorrow then walk the block to in n out and get them to animal-style it

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

PreviousNext

Return to Care