[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Here is ramdomthought!

Here is ramdomthought!

Off topic

Re: ramdom thoughts

Postby ramdomthought » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:14 pm

i killed a succulent

never let me have kids or animals

ramdomthought

Postby exprof » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:50 am

I already have! Put some of the aloe goop on my papercut this afternoon and it already closed up 8)

exprof

Postby freddy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:54 am

like, i'm happy that my roomie broke up with his gf of 6 years a while back and went on a bit of an insecure rut/dry spell; but just sayin' - daymn, he's rly rocking it up with his lady friend this past week

(smiling)

freddy

Postby timothynguyen » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:49 pm

So I don't remember taking this picture.

timothynguyen

Postby rublev » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:09 am

rublev
Political Editor

Postby Blastoise » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:36 pm

Figuring out what to get people for their birthday is difficult.

Blastoise

Postby harmsalmon » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:44 am

happy independence day bitches!!!

love,

--my workplace

harmsalmon

Postby JewTurk » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:33 am

The things I would do to be a barista...

JewTurk

Postby Mippipopolous » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:52 pm

I wonder if anyone has ever actually used the ask button that's next to the relationship status on Facebook. I'm just trying to imagine a situation where it wouldn't be hilariously awkward to get that question on Facebook. What even happens? Does it automatically send a message saying "pls respond"? I don't know guys, I don't know.

Mippipopolous

Postby JewTurk » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:28 pm

Fuck yes.

More gen eds out of the way.

For those wanting to see them early, proxy servers work just fine.

JewTurk

Postby Stolsdos » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Thanks for that tip here are mine:
Edit: im really good at making a fool of myself on here.

Last edited by Stolsdos on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stolsdos

Postby rjbman » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:42 pm

Home + Lock button.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby ramdomthought » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:45 pm

hold the powerbutton for 10s to take a screenshot

ramdomthought

Postby JewTurk » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:11 am

JewTurk

Postby Stingray Sam » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:01 am

banana bread republic :sweg:

Stingray Sam

Postby Stingray Sam » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:04 am

Stingray Sam

Postby Stingray Sam » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:08 am

Ted LMFAO

it's at 2:15 on the video

Stingray Sam

Postby mc-lunar » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:30 am

why do you have so much hatred for the arctic monkeys, man

mc-lunar

Postby Stolsdos » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:58 am

Stolsdos

Postby Blastoise » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:00 am

Someone made a Kickstarter for potato salad. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/32 ... tato-salad

Wish I had thought of that.

Blastoise

Postby eskdc » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:12 pm

Thinking of taking up odd jobs now that I'm back as a masters student, just to try shit I've always wanted to try. I'm only a master's student currently, but have decided to pursue school full-time after about 5 months of unemployment. Thing is, this is at a teaching university, so the master's requirements are actually quite relaxed, and my classes are in the evening anyway, so I have time during the day to do whatever

I was only in the masters program, but decided to take the plunge and continue on with a Ph.D in my progra., It's chill research-wise AND it has literally all of the resources I'd need just sitting around, for the research that I'd want to do anyway (and if it's not there, there are companies willing to throw them at us if I just asked). All I need is software licenses anyway, and the local companies (which comprise something like 95% of the industry's revenue) have been trying to get the department off their sorry butts to integrate this software into their coursework, which is exactly what my research is going to be focused on

eskdc

Postby g2x222 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:23 pm

I got a suspicious activity/fraud email from Discover on Thursday night, which means my card was frozen. That happened at the beginning of almost every semester when I traveled from home to school and tried to buy textbooks, so I saw it as an annoyance.

It turns out that I actually got my credit card number stolen. There were 5 charges for $102 on the card from Paypal; I'm assuming the charges would have continued if Discover hadn't locked my card.

I called in, and they were great, as always. I wasn't put on hold, they assured me multiple times that I wasn't responsible for the charges, and that they'd close my account and FedEx me a new card. I just checked, and the charges have been removed

I decided to call Paypal as a courtesy, and naturally, that wasn't as great. I was initially connected to someone immediately, but when they transferred me to their security/fraud team, I was put on hold for a half hour. (This was late at night, so maybe someone on call had to come back to work?) The rep did thank me for reporting it to them, so I guess that was nice.

I'm not entirely sure how/where/when the number was stolen, but I do think I'll pay closer attention to my accounts going forward

Anyways, that was the start of my long weekend, but the rest of it was certainly a lot more fun

g2x222

Postby bouquet » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:47 pm

Old lady at work today told me she was going to ask me something very personal, and then said "I'm just wondering, do you take dancing lessons?" She then told me that she thought I might have because my posture and way of walking is very proper, as if I worked on my form. Most flattering thing anyone has said to me in some time :')

bouquet

Postby Ques » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:58 pm

@g2x222

the same thing happened to me recently, got overcharged by about 1k. my bank thinks it was probably some web-stores not having good security, so they created a separate 'online checking' account, which has a separate card number, that i can transfer exactly enough money into to make a specific purchase, and then set it so that that account can't be overdrawn. that way it's always empty unless i'm about to make an online purchase, so even if they have my number they can't access my funds. your bank can probably do something similar for you if you like

Ques

Postby g2x222 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:08 pm

g2x222

Postby ramseames » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:16 pm

Few months ago someone put $75 on a starbucks card with my debit, and when i had it investigated it had come right after an attempt to put like $950 on it that had been automatically blocked. Both from some company in shenzen. Canceled my debit and it got refunded so nbd but super weird, only place in china I'd been was shanghai intl for a few hours.

ramseames

Postby freddy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:20 am

I had fraudulent charges happen to my Discover Card as well. The nuisance was that not only they sent me a new card, but they canceled my old online account – and the associated login screen-name. :/

freddy

Postby kewks » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:17 am

i had fraudulent charges on my visa during christmastime at starbucks as well. they were all for gift cards, some for $25 and others for $75 but it was about $250 in the end. i always thought it was because of the "tap" technology that we have on our cards now but now i'm not sure. i almost never buy things online so i doubt it's that. hasn't happened since i got a new card.

kewks

Postby ramseames » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:15 am

i didn't use my debit during that layover, only my visa which wasn't hit.

ramseames

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:27 am

your info probably got sold and used by some random dude in china, pretty common. could have been snagged anywhere

ramdomthought

PreviousNext

Return to Care