[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Here is ramdomthought!

Here is ramdomthought!

Off topic

Re: ramdom thoughts

Postby Blastoise » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 pm

yooooooooooo

Blastoise

Postby freddy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:54 pm

and to think that was gonna bust my nuts :')

:3 u all

freddy

Postby chadnik » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:34 pm

That feeling when you accidentally make eye contact with a stranger taking a selfie

chadnik

Postby alby » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:40 pm

when you forget you had a pizza in the oven

and the pizza turns out ok

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby maj » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:34 am

working at a place which sells cooked pizza, all the time.

maj

Postby starfox64 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:14 pm

a couple of people i went to high school with got married over the weekend. i wasn't great friends with either couple, but their pics are all over facebook and god i hope that doesn't happen to me.

maybe i just shouldn't get married.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby nick » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:53 pm

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby zayg » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:59 pm

walked past a (somewhat) celebrity crush today in a small space

livin the dream

zayg

Postby bhajz » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:04 pm

Happy 1st birthday Care Tags!!!!!! :sweg:

bhajz

Postby Stingray Sam » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:21 pm

jrisk's avatar's eyes move

Stingray Sam

Postby zayg » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:32 pm

@jrisk jamie erdahl

zayg

Postby alby » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:47 pm

next week will be the best week of my summer, I'm sure.

a long awaited trip up to a cabin for a night of partying kicks off the week, followed by another party at my friends house, which usually doesn't happen. I'm thinking my new schneider pants will arrive sometime this next week THEN pitchfork and meeting up with some ct'ers in chi to end it all off i am so excited.

i also am photographing my friends mom's wedding this weekend for experience and getting dinner with my girl friend thing. super stoked on life right now.

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby absurdmind » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:54 am

had to dip into my clothes fund to pay off a parking ticket because i was hungover and had 4hrs of sleep and thought 15:30 was 5:30 (mostly i was stupid). its a sad day for future purchases :'(

absurdmind

Postby JewTurk » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:50 am

Stranded at work and my car won't start. It's 2 AM and I have a nother shift starting at 8:30 AM... Honestly considering sleeping at my work and just waking up here for my double...

Zzzz

JewTurk

Postby stappard_ » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:19 am

work's really picked up

stappard_

Postby AmericanPie » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:48 am

It's not even 9am and I can hear loud construction and someone blasting "Only Girl in the World" outside. What is going on.

AmericanPie

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Talk to your grandparents if you can, their stories can be so so amazing.

I keep being reminded of really cool shit about my grandparents. My mums dad used to water-ski. Fair enough, he lives near the coast just outside of Lincolnshire and I know from my mum that he was an adventurous man in his youth.

I walk upstairs and this is on the landing:

He used to go out on WATER SKIS, not a board with 4 stools tied to his back. He used to stack them up on the skis whilst speeding along, loosely tying a piece of string through them (so that if he fell off they wouldn't float away separately) and climb up on top. The boat would then swing back towards the coast, where one of his mates would be stood holding a very long pole with a chair on the end which he would grab, place at the top of the wooden stool tower and climb onto to do stunts from. To top it all off, he used to do this whilst racing against other people!!

The most amazing thing is if I hadn't have asked him he would never have told me. My mum knew about it and thought we knew because a smaller version of that photo has been hung up around the house for a long time. I sort of knew, but never had all the details.

He said that once he fell off, hit some coral and broke his leg. He got himself bandaged up and then customised his push bike so that he could cycle without moving the broken leg and went to work like that every day for a month or so. No wonder half his bones from the waist down now set off metal detectors.

WikiZuHeltzer

Postby rublev » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:47 am

rublev
Political Editor

Postby breakadawn » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:34 am

Went to my Italian friends house, this didn't really surprise me

breakadawn

Postby kyung » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:40 am

who's eating cardboard pizza in the bathroom??

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby jrisk » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:42 am

they're on top of the magazine pile so I can only assume it's bathroom reading material

jrisk

Postby Syeknom » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:51 am

I lived on those pizzas for the best part of a year, ugh

Syeknom

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:07 pm

One more Grandpa story I've just heard over lunch:

Grandpa had a friend called Harry who he grew up with. When they were 16 they both went off to Lincolnshire from London to become apprentices to a well respected carpenter. They would cause all sorts of havoc, like sitting in the cathedral tower whilst on their lunch breaks flicking cherry pips at the people down on the market.

When they finished their apprenticeships they were both enlisted into the armed forces to do their national service. Grandpa and Harry were 21. By luck they were always put on the same assignments and seemed to run into each other everywhere they went. Over time, everything they did together became jovial competition. They would race each other around the airfields on bikes, try and out-do each other in shining their boots ect, pretty much everything.

This continued after they left the army too. They would very often head down to the pub which was just over the hills from the part of town where they both lived, have plenty to drink and still get home before 10. Its important to remember this is in the early 70s, before the days where if you had a bit to drink it crossed anyone's minds that it could be dangerous to drive.

One night, Harry decided to drive the 10 minute walk to the pub in his brand new car. As the evening went on, Grandpa became less and less impressed with his friends poor effort and gradually more jealous of his new purchase. This all came out when they left the pub (having had a lot to drink...) and Grandpa bet Harry a pint that he could beat his car to the top of the nearest hill.

Grandpa got no head start and they both set off full speed up to the top of the hill. The car won, but Grandpa insists it was only because he fell in a ditch in the dark.

WikiZuHeltzer

Postby sparkyoriental » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:17 pm

DAE just not have any hobbies/"passions"?

I do lots of stuff that could be considered a hobby, but I almost feel like I do it just to do something. Meh. There's been nothing that I've encountered in life thus far that has thoroughly enthralled me.

sparkyoriental

Postby kewks » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:20 pm

i feel the same way too!!! is watching hours and hours of tv/netflix a hobby? or can it be considered a talent? hahaha. i do lots of things too that could be a hobby but i don't do it consistently enough

kewks

Postby starfox64 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:32 pm

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby freddy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:09 pm

Have you guys tried chewing gum whilst taking a shower? It's pretty refreshing to say the least.

freddy

Postby chadnik » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:17 pm

makes sense that Ronald is a Ford guy, I guess

edit: I should add that after I took this, he pointed and laughed at me

Last edited by chadnik on Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chadnik

Postby bouquet » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:19 pm

Chewing really minty gum on a cold day and taking very large breaths in is also an enlightening experience.

bouquet

Postby Ques » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:46 pm

i always get deeply introspective when getting crushed by freezing cold 6 ft waves in the ocean

Ques

PreviousNext

Return to Care