[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Feelings

Feelings

Off topic

Re: feeltalk thread

Postby Vaeltaja » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:40 pm

Today was a cool day.

Background: I get my hair cut at a school. Cheap cuts and still looks good. Usually you get a random person who cuts your hair (teachers watch over them).

The person who cut my hair today had a cool punk aesthetic going on. Something like flannel tied around the waist, black semi-sheer tights where you could see tattoos underneath (and I assume shorts over that), and black creepers with a metal toecap. She also has a full on sleeve.

When you sit down you get offered a "wellness ritual" which is a scalp massage (not offered today), mini-facial, shoulder massage, or some make-up. I opted for the shoulder massage.

Anyhow, she was really fun to talk to. Basically ended up just talking about Jackie Chan movies and kung-fu and near the end of it, religion, because why not. When I was getting my hair cut, a couple of the other haircutters commented on my hair and another said I looked like Alexander Wang. Fun. During the second hair wash (this was never something I got before), she also gave me the mini-facial for free. Yay. When her teacher reviewed my hair, she looked at my shorts, asked where I got them (Yohji), and then we had a short conversation on Rick Owens. Whee.

I also went to petsmart to buy a new tank for my turtles. Saw some friends back from 2011 that I haven't seen for at least two years.

Probably one of the more interesting ways to pretty much end my summer vacation.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby freddy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:45 am

While I have no qualms about my separate psychotherapy thus far of two-years+; I'm really angry that my psychosis program is not going the way I expected to. It's causing me to retract/regress and a lot of sleepless nights - because they haven't gained my trust and the program is very casual. Maybe it's because they serve folks that aren't demanding in answers, etiquette, and detailedness... they tried to referred me to a state-program for folks in crisis (the other Tuesday they threw me immediately albeit well-meaning threw me in a cab), so I could get a day or three stay to buffer/cushion for my transition moving back home with my mom - but I was an mis-fit because they particularly dealt with folks in serious crisis - like heroin-addicts on the verge of suicide (I'm not.. but this bureaucratic nightmare can make it ought to seem eerily frustrating..). The clinician whom did my in-take evaluation was confused as to what I was doing there, and so was my therapist at my program. Now I don't have much therapeutic alliance thus far thus far, and it is exacerbated with more distrust with this ordeal. (i'll give her the benefit, she's a novice/new-comer clinician that just moved here as well, but where the fuck did she get this suggestion – but now I'll have to play the "bad guy" and call-her out which I politely did the day after - and I'll have to get to the bottom of this as to where she conceptualized this idea and her supervisor/superior about this)

I'm also quite upset that they're less psychoanalytically informed as well - too much yes-man (or yes-woman) type of communication that puts me on guard. (trust is a big issue for me personally so it takes more than just being 'direct' with me unfortunately :/)

IDK I'm thinking about seeking a second-opinion down the line with an actual hospital-affiliated program than this quasi-one instead. I'm just so bothered and upset about this. It's causing me to massively overanalyze about this and stress-out, which is what I believe the programs is trying to alleviate me from thinking into an abyss. After next week, my psychotherapist is going to be on vacation for two-weeks, so I'm hoping for the best to endure such turbulence with getting engaged in this program over time. Hopefully I wont go too bonkers by then.

:mad:

freddy

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:27 pm

I put on "Graceland" album by Paul Simon for some background music while I sewed. Growing up, my dad had the live performance on VHS, he would put this on what felt like weekly for him to read to, and me to play to. Most of the time he would end up napping, and I'd just enjoy the presence of my dad while I played with army men and whatever.

Now I'm 22, moved out of my parent's house for the first time, and listening to Paul Simon sing homeless makes me cry because I miss living with my parents who live all of 7 miles away. I miss hugging my parents every day. I feel like an immature mess, but I just really love my parents. And now I'm a mess all over again just remembering how selfless they've been my entire life, remembering them holding me through panic attacks, tears in their eyes as they told me they wish they could go through the pain instead of me. :'( they're the best.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby Yoder » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:13 am

Been away from my parents for like ten hours now, missing them already. Feeling pretty nervous about this school year, but i'm sure i'll kill it B)

Yoder

Postby bobo77 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:17 pm

If I get a good jizz from a girl, how do I go forward with it without seeming creepy? Ask permission to kiss her? What? My only other relationship, she initiated it.

bobo77

Postby alby » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:31 pm

College starts in a week and I'm pretty bummed to be leaving all of the people that I have come to love for the past 8 years. It seems kind of messed up that this is the normal thing for everyone to do, but I guess that is how life works. I've also started seeing this girl in the past month and a half and though we aren't going too far away ( 3 hour distance between us ) I want so badly to make it work but I'm also terrified and a horribly jealous person, which scares me since we are both going to different schools. Who knows though, hopefully it will all work out. Dunno where I'm going with this. I'm scared and excited for the next chapter or my life. Sad and happy. This is very bittersweet to me.

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby maj » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:39 am

maj

Postby Stingray Sam » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:30 am

Week one of LDR down. FeministFatal has a pretty ugh roommate who seems like a drama factory and i stupidly said something mean and got involved, but on the other hand if you don't want your conversation about your much older boyfriends and lovers being made public then why are you posting it on facebook? I still feel terrible about what i said though :/ sometimes i'm such an ass.

Any ways we decided an open relationship was the way to go and Feminist has already hooked up with someone so i gotta get my A game on. I was pretty skeptical of the open relationship thing and was kinda dreading it and really after it happened the only thing i really feel about it is that i'm going to hate every guy indiscriminately because they are not good enough for her. Especially if they can't make her cum (asshole :evil: ). Now it just kinda feels like another in joke and friendly competition between us so i'm even starting to enjoy this new dynamic. It's also made both of us appreciate one another much more and i feel like our connection is just stronger. If we can make it through this, which i believe we can, we'll be sooo much stronger and pretty much just the most awesomeest couple ever :D

Speaking of hooking up, i've never been in that scene or anything and Feminist was my first real emotional and physical relationship so i have no clue how any of this works. How do you initiate that sort of thing? just like ask if they wanna hook up or what?

Stingray Sam

Postby ambyance » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:26 pm

dd

Last edited by ambyance on Sun May 21, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ambyance

Postby JtotheWhat » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:16 pm

I have been back in Canada for like 2 months now, there are still a lot of people I haven't seen since I came home.. I'm going into my last semester of Political Science, and this weekend ended up at a local pub and ran into a group of guys I used to play Hockey with. One guy was pretty drunk and started tearing into me for no reason, we used to actually be pretty good friends so I was pretty confused, I haven't seen him in 2 years or more. He making fun of me for wasting time going to University especially for something as ''stupid as political science'', called me out for not contributing to society and said I was an idiot for doing an exchange in Asia, blah blah blah...he actually seemed upset about it for some reason and at first I just ignored him and laughed about it with the other people but it was going on for close to 5 minutes and he kept getting louder and more in my face despite me not really saying anything.

Regrettably I sunk to his level and tore back into him for petty stuff, called him out for thinking he had figured life out because he was pulling down 50 grand a year as a mortgage broker, I said anyone in the pub could get that job tomorrow and half of them could do it better than him including myself, I said a bunch of other mean shit and he went stone cold quiet while everyone laughed, like 10 mins later he just got up and went home. I felt so stupid after for actually giving in, and despite him being totally out of line and quite frankly an idiot I felt pretty bad for saying some of the shit I did. I come from a super sarcastic and oftentimes mean family so sometimes that side of me just comes out and I kinda hate how it feels after, it's embarrassing that I'm 26 years old and can't just grin and bear it more often than I do.

JtotheWhat

Postby navin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:41 pm

care tags co founders throwing contracts
click http://i.imgur.com/yI0K0YA.png for full post

navin

Postby Rosenrot » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:26 pm

Oh my word where do I find the thread? What's the purpose anyway...

Edit: nvm found it by accident

Rosenrot

Postby bels » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:10 am

Housing market is gonna kill me and also probably take me out of the garmz race in a serious way.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sweeeeeeeeeeet emootion » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:49 am

idk if i want to go to uni..... i'm due to go in less than 2 weeks :(

sweeeeeeeeeeet emootion

Postby silvaeri » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:06 am

sorry for the neg! Tried to pos rep and fat thumbed it on mobile without noticing I hit neg.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby eufemism » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:19 pm

ya'll throwin contracts at me?!?

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby bels » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:38 pm

@stingray In England if you don't own a house you're just THROWING YOUR MONEY AWAY

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Stingray Sam » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:42 pm

I figure i should probably just post this so that there's context to the convo. Is that what people say or are you really just throwing money away? Owning a house doesn't really seem that great to me unless you're planning on raising a family.

Stingray Sam

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:47 pm

even just getting a mortgage on property or whatever is better off financially if you don't plan on moving in the forseeable future. with renting, you are pretty much using $xxx for living there, while paying off a mortgage you pay $yyy for living there AND putting it towards owning the property. it's not just for families imo, but it still is setting roots down because it wouldn't be optimal if say you move every couple of years.

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby stappard_ » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:01 pm

Of course on the other hand most people scraping together the cash to buy their first house are unlikely to be paying off much of the balance in a meaningful way for a while, even post-interest-only mortgages. That's the justification people give but the reality is that British people place a lot of pride in owning their own house

stappard_

Postby bels » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:34 pm

With the way property is appreciating in the south east it's definitely is throwing money away to rent if you can afford to buy. Obviously it might all go tits up tomorrow and everything drops back to 2k8 levels but even if it did, people still make and have made crazy money on buying and selling. Not even particularly savvy people, just whoever has a house and has held onto it for 5 years.

Agree that owning a house is total shit and I don't really have any interest in it except for the fact that if I don't it feels like I never will and I'll have to move into the exurbs and drive everywhere and never see anyone or do anything because I'm trapped in my low mortgage new build with two unusably small bedrooms and the build quality of a h&m polo shirt.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby stappard_ » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:53 pm

The flat I'm in now has gone from about 240k to 360k in about 2 and a half years, London is crazy. Unfortunately I don't own it, and my flatmate who does has no interest in spending the profit on mad designer garms. Nutter.

stappard_

Postby bels » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:08 pm

Cambridge isn't that nuts but it's not far off. With prices going up higher than wages increase it ends up that more and more people get priced out. It doesn't feel to me like you can say "Oh I'll buy when I have a family." because who knows where things will be by then?

Maybe something will happen and the whole thing will get rectified. But it hasn't happened in the last thirty years and who knows how much longer it will take before it does. (Maybe tomorrow, like I said, maybe never)

Thought you'd just bought a house anyway Stoppard?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Stingray Sam » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:33 pm

Hey guys I'm involved in a startup right now and we're looking to get some feedback on potential names. If you guys could be awesome and take a survey for me that would be super duper awesome. Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oDGFr5 ... =send_form

Choose whatever names you like, and if you don't like any please still submit the form! It still gives us results. On the free response portion please please keep it PG (I have other partners that are looking at this) and keep it on topic. You only have to write in the form if you have a suggestion or anything to add. Yes I know there are a lot of bad names in there but feedback is still appreciated.

Edit: Just to be clear I trust the Care-Tags community enough to not screw with this, I really hope that this trust isn't misplaced.

Edit Edit: I can see you putting metal shop as an option multiple times, please stop

Edit Edit Edit: I can't really say more than that we're making architectural metal products

That makes much more sense, I would certainly put staying out of the suburbs at a higher precedence than not owning a house. Also at least in my market house prices don't really seem to be changing that much and there's still a lot of worries from the recession so automatically it must be like that everywhere else in the world :P

Last edited by Stingray Sam on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stingray Sam

Postby stappard_ » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:05 pm

stappard_

Postby Stingray Sam » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:54 am

Ugh having an open relationship brings out all my body image issues and self confidence/self esteem issues and twists a knife in them. I feel emotionally like I'm back in high school. I just want to get over them and go on having an open relationship but I don't know how, since I do fairly well until anything comes with sex/sexuality. The solution obviously isn't to stop the open relationship because that just covers up underlying issues. Does anyone have any advice? :/

Edit: I'm going to make an appointment with my therapist tomorrow to try to get this figured out. I'm not quite sure what you mean . We both have mutual interest in having our relationship be open. It makes sense from a practical point of view, we both want it and would enjoy it and at times i even find the idea attractive. It's just when something happens I start to feel really inadequate and anxious and start getting really passive aggressive. We do experiment with sub/dom stuff often and so perhaps i feel a little possessive of her.

Last edited by Stingray Sam on Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stingray Sam

Postby bels » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:19 am

Fucking ridiculous state of affairs when you can't afford a house where you live so you have to buy to let. Sends the market even more loopy.

I dunno man, I dunno.

I hope these chiefs accept my offer at asking price and don't get me into a bidding war.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:47 am

Great. Now we're the subject of a takeover. I sold my shares last week and the share price has gone up two pounds.

Don't much fancy my chances if we get taken over either. My department would be extremely superfluous.

Better get on dat linkedin ting.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby stappard_ » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:31 am

Fair few people getting made redundant around here today. Funny atmosphere when that happens

stappard_

Postby nick » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:53 am

Ahh, nothing like the office environment when "RIF"s come through. I've only been here since February and still had to worry about making the cut (I did), because not even college hires are immune.

nick
Eminent Eminem

PreviousNext

Return to Care