[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Music is my boyfriend

Music is my boyfriend

Off topic

Re: Music, Conversation

Postby seth83292 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:12 am

Saw Bombay Bicycle Club, Mount Kimbie, Rustie and Onra yesterday. Holy fuck Mount Kimbie is amazing live but I wish I had brought earplugs. I was at the very very front for Kimbie, Rustie and Onra and for a few hours afterwards I had horrible tinnitus, but it was so so so worth it.

Onra mixed for an hour going from Chinoiseries to some chill R&B stuff to some new hype shit. And rustie just went ham the entire time. Chimes and Attak and Higher Ground blew me away.

also this remix mixed live was awesome

seth83292

Postby purkinje » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:21 am

Neutral Milk Hotel was joyous- I got there early and was front row at the beautiful brewery Ommegang, and the stage resembled a rummage sale with saw blades and pot lids and several accordions. The opener was a local guy who played a slide guitar and an accordion and sang about the first day of school, prosthetic arms, how shitty his home town was; it was a bit like a folksy They Might Be Giants.

Jeff seemed like he was having a good time and Julian was jumping up and down in circles for most of the set. Crowd was small and tame and pretty much everyone respected their no cameras request. They played almost all of ITAOTS and a good portion of On Avery Island along with some of their miscellaneous stuff off other projects. Great jizz to the entire thing, not sure what else to say.

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby can- » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:34 pm

this blew my mind

can-

Postby iamacyborg » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:33 pm

Been hitting the old dubstep hard recently. Have a real need to go listen to some on a proper system again, one of the first things I do if I end up moving to the US is buy a proper soundsystem and turn my storm shelter into a party shelter.

Bangface in 2 weeks, it can't come quickly enough.

iamacyborg

Postby vgtbls » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:55 pm

Boiler Room uploaded their official video of Sohpie's set. Enjoy HD!

vgtbls

Postby eyealt » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:08 pm

can anyone help me find Bees Inside by TRS 80 in a *safe* download or video? This song is literally nowhere and the only youtube video of it was removed.

eyealt

Postby chadnik » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:15 am

new Grouper track (airhorn-free...). her voice following the piano felt simplistic at first—I was craving the deep thicket of texture I associate with her. I think I still like that Grouper more but I'm excited that she's released a track with such a (relatively) different landscape, even if I'm not as drawn to it as I am her other stuff. I'm definitely interested now to hear where she takes Ruins.

chadnik

Postby inherently » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:40 pm

NPR Tiny Desk Concerts are so great:

Also probably gonna get tickets to go see American Authors and The Mowgli's in NYC in November!

inherently

Postby odradek » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:11 am

Feel like I'm too old to go to the Fest (which means I've already lost the battle) and I don't really want to go to Gainesville (sorry Florida folks) but my god the line-up has some heat: https://thefestfl.com/schedule/

odradek

Postby bels » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:36 am

When is hyper rub 10.3 coming out? Soon? Any day?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby stappard_ » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:46 am

Getting less and less excited for the hyperdub compilation releases as they go along, though 10.2 did grow on me a little bit.

Compared to how much listening I got out of 5.1 when it came out though these new selections sort of just reinforce the feeling that maybe that first 5 years were unmatchable (arguably true for any label) - pretty underwhelmed by everything but new burial these days

stappard_

Postby bels » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:52 am

What about DJ Rashad? I'm well into this footwork thing via him.

Plus telling people I've been listening to "A lot of footwork" really scratches that music snob itch in a way that the 17 year old me would just adore.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:58 am

Guilty pleasure to rap along to this in the belamobile

bels
Yung Winona

Postby stappard_ » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:01 am

I listened to Double Cup quite a lot last year but the footwork thing doesn't seem to hold my attention really. He's definitely the high watermark for the genre that I've hard though, footcrab excepted

my current 17-year-old music snob thing is instrumental grime. makes me way superior to those normal grime fans (not sure they exist any more though)

stappard_

Postby CPV1 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:28 am

Yeah, instrumental grime is getting played a lot out these days. Been hearing it even cut into like darker house sets and stuff. It's interesting as well because they always seem to get a way bigger reaction than anything else getting played on those nights. Both the old classics and all this nice new stuff that's coming through. The genre's in a good place at the moment.

CPV1

Postby bels » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:49 am

What's the poser's guide to instrumental grime?

I don't need the legit guide because once you're older than 21 you never run into anyone who isn't a poser anyway.

Edit, this is probably it. Will read later.
http://www.factmag.com/2013/08/08/unbox ... -new-wave/

TFW you remember the first time round (and hated it)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby stappard_ » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:29 am

Pretty sure grime actually was rubbish the first time round but then I was/am much too suburban to know for sure

stappard_

Postby CPV1 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:45 am

Yeah, like that article says, Boxed is the instrumental grime night so and would probably be pretty good places to start.

I also really love the stuff the crew are putting out. There's usually a bit more like garage and bassline in their sound though, but I like that. It's great to hear out.

Dunno, about grime being bad previously. There probably was, like any genre, good stuff and bad stuff. The good stuff, however, is still getting played (and pulled) today. People go mental for tunes like 'Pulse X', 'Ghetto Kyote', 'Forward', etc. The tunes on White Label Classics and Avalanche Music 1 are as good as anything being put out nowadays, I'd say.

CPV1

Postby eufemism » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:16 am

Apparently KRIT announced out of the blue that he's dropping a new mixtape today.

Turns out he's coming to Ann Arbor. Best believe I'm gonna be there. Young Krizzle is king of the south.

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby goodintentions » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:36 pm

goodintentions

Postby anotherdayhere » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:53 pm

dunno if anyone still actively uses last.fm but i do for some reason so add me! still think its fascinating to see what i listen to and how frequently.
http://www.last.fm/user/anotherdayhere

anotherdayhere

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:08 am

d000d, that EP is the best. I bought the actual LP when he released it, only one half has music but the other half has this lovely engraved pattern and he also put in a nice thank u note. I think he actually produced a load of tracks on LP1, I really should check it out.

Harness is a fantastic track

pics:

Also Giles Peterson's show on BBC Radio 6 has to be the best music radio show I have ever listened to. If you're in the UK stick it on, it's playing right now.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby Syeknom » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:02 pm

Good times ahead

Syeknom

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:18 pm

On Gilles Peterson, he played this track today and it's fken fantastic wow Gilles Peterson you're so cool.

Anyone know any other good radio shows? Even with stuff like radio 6 it's hard to find any shows that I really love, I've only really got Gilles and The Late Junction on Radio 3. UK or accessible by internet would be sweet.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby copknocks » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:44 pm

i made this last night and thought it was kinda cool maybe u guys will also enjoy it

recoveringcatholics.tumblr.com
copknocks

Postby can- » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:23 am

ciara is seriously underrated

can-

Postby ramseames » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:53 am

great song

ramseames

Postby CPV1 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:56 pm

Everyone in London, who hasn't already, should seriously sign up for these Rinse 20th Anniversary nights. They're at a , which are usually a bit more chill, as well as at , which are pretty mental. I've been to six so far and they're wicked. They're completely free, have London's sickest DJs, the best tunes, and at the pop up there's free alcohol.

Anyway, it was the Swamp 81 night tonight which meant Benton was DJing for a bit and he was playing a lot of this "future jungle" stuff. It's kinda progressive at the moment but I honestly think it's going to be the next big genre. It just sounds so good. It's got the mad basslines of drum and bass but with a fashionably low BPM.

Here's some of his bangers:

CPV1

Postby eyealt » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:23 pm

Had to give some songs off Nothing Was The Same a play today. Damn, this album is killer- one year old and everything still sounds fresh, balanced and dope.

Gotta love Drake.

eyealt

Postby eufemism » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:48 pm

Tuscan Leather, Worst Behavior, and Pound Cake are the only tracks from NWTS I keep in rotation tbh.

Drake's alright as an artist. Not the type of rapper I'm on the look out for when they're dropping new material.

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

PreviousNext

Return to Care