[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - sleeping

sleeping

Off topic

Re: sleeping

Postby popcorn » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:42 pm

I sleep with a lot of pillows, and assume I get 6 hours of sleep+ every night, with homework. It's difficult. Some nights I'll sacrifice an extra 1.5 hours.

I sleep with a LOT of pillows.

I don't have much to say about right now, but I loved sleeping on the floor as a kid. I'd do it every weekend. If I had a friend over, I'd let them have my bed. Some nights I'd sleep under my bed, especially when my older brother drilled the idea of us being robbed at night into my head :(. I think I miss it.

popcorn

Postby Yoder » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:49 pm

Wish I could nap more, but I always get anxious and feel like I could be using my time so much better.

Yoder

Postby Stingray Sam » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:21 pm

had a two hour nap today, went to sleep at 2:30, woke up thinking it was 6 and was pleasantly surprised to find out it was only 4:30

Stingray Sam

Postby jrisk » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:37 pm

why does falling asleep for a nap feel so much more delicious than falling asleep for the night

jrisk

Postby JewTurk » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:59 pm

I can't stand naps.

I always wake up feeling 100x worse from a nap. Hot, sweaty, anxious, stressed. I don't get it.

Sleep schedule is messed up as hell cause of work. Usually get 4-5 hours on week nights then get a pretty massive 12 hrs going on my day off on the weekend wherever it lands. Some weeknights I go no sleep if I know I don't work the next day and can just crash immediately once I get home.

I need to change my availability back and just take the hit.

JewTurk

Postby freddy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:13 pm

i once slept for 48 hours, if not, more - true story ; I probably missed 2-3 days of sleeping due to insomnia and getting really into reading psychoanalytic academic books, because it's so fucking complex that you can't stop -- Otto Kernberg's synthesis of Fruedian structural metapsychology with Klein and Object Relations/ego-psychology is intense

#tallpeopleproblems, but I just barely squeeze into a twin-sized/queen mattress -- i sleep on the couch now with neck problems because I'm too lazy/pre-occupied to sift, organize my room, and build my bed-frame

when i'm around around running errands/appointments, sometimes I nap in the public park on da grass in the shade on a sun-shining day (it's especially great when you can get that nice toasty weather feeling) usually I nap at my therapist's waiting-room too.

and sometimes i nap at curry lol

when I was real insomniac -- I would get so tired on the commute back home i'd fall asleep and my head would almost fall next to the passenger. sometimes i'd missed my stop because i oversleep. sometimes I'm able to wake-up right on time when it's my stop.

i usually nap at the library with book in tow -- it's pretty refreshing to wake-up and revisit where you what originally was reading.

sometimes i deliberately overeat/over-consume for a food-induced-sleep-coma. It works great if you're semi-tired and need that insta-rest to get you going again.

i abstain from drinking coffee and if i do, I usually go for decaf tea for what it's worth

Last edited by freddy on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freddy

Postby popcorn » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:31 pm

Discussion topic: best sleep you've ever had? Best nap you've ever had?

I remember coming back from trips to Atlanta as a kid (4 hour drive), not unpacking, but just walking to my pitch black, cold room, flopping down, and waking up the next afternoon. I guess all sleep is more fun as a kid because there are no obligations to stop you.

popcorn

Postby Stingray Sam » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:36 pm

got black out drunk one night and vomited everywhere. Had a terrible hangover, drove home, puked in the shower and slept for the rest of the day.

Stingray Sam

Postby odradek » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:22 am

i never sleep 'cause sleep is the cousin of death

odradek

Postby klonopin » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:25 am

I started taking sleeping pills.
Not really happy with it as a lifestyle decision but sleeping is very hard sometimes.

klonopin

Postby kewks » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:35 am

long bus rides (which i am taking lots of these days) always make me fall asleep, like actual fall asleep

does anybody do that thing where you are asleep and have to wake up for school/work/what ever and you sleep in, but your body magically knows that you have to be up so it gives you JUST enough time to do whatever, even though you slept in a bit?

kewks

Postby sidewalk » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:00 am

my maid irons my sheets. talk about a status symbol. gucci.

sidewalk

Postby yourdad » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:41 am

outside of falling asleep on my bus commute, i can't seem to take short naps. i'll hop into bed or a couch with the intent to sleep for just 15-30 minutes only to wake up four hours later.

yourdad

Postby dzogchen » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:47 am

once fell asleep with my underwear on and woke up with a sock on my dick, true story

anyway, i love sleeping, don't have much trouble getting 8-9 hours a night and if I can fit in a 20 minute nap in the afternoon, I usually do. Less than 8 hours and i'm a pretty anxious person and don't have any social skills at all

dzogchen

Postby beeftips » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:00 pm

I operate much better on 5-7 hours of sleep, but waking up is so hard for me that I usually just sleep for 9+ hours and then wake up feeling really groggy. I wish when I woke up in the morning my body would be ready to get out of bed, rather than falling back asleep and then being groggy the entire day.

beeftips

Postby purkinje » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:01 pm

Waking up when it's raining and grey out and snuggling back into the covers, preferably with a warm dog or partner, is one of the best feelings in the world. I brought a memory foam topper for my dorm so the mattresses aren't the worst. Roomie generally wakes up and goes to bed earlier so it's a constant struggle trying not to wake the other person up coming and going.

[youtube]/watch?v=iSkaEP2ZqbY[/youtube]

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby insect » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:28 pm

I sleep like 4-6 hours a night. I used to sleep 0-2 a night but when I was doing that I fell to 130 lbs (nearly emaciated for my height) so I stopped.

insect

Postby sidewalk » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:30 pm

sidewalk

Postby agvs » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:06 pm

I'm not a very picky sleeper. All I ask is that nobody lay on me and I prefer small, enclosed rooms. A wall on one side of me is a huge plus. I once slept on a treadmill.

I always thought I had trouble sleeping and now I realize I just wasn't doing enough during the day. I've been sleeping fine for the last 6-7 years. I never get enough of it because I'm a night person and I'm usually up to like 1:30am and get up at like 6am. I try to catch up on the weekends but it's not easy with kids. It was basically torture when they were real young babies. You barely sleep for the first 3-4 months. It was way worse for my wife because she was their food source and they needed to eat every 2 hours. She didn't get more than 4 hours of sleep in a row for like 5 months.

I love sleeping. I can't wait until my kids are older so I can sleep until 11 or 12 again.

agvs

Postby quitter » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:55 pm

When I wake up I always have to lay around for a while before I actually get up.

I always hit the reset button on my alarm when I mean to hit snooze and get 10 more minutes and end up waking up some time in the afternoon.

ig @buzzpresto
quitter

Postby diniro » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:33 pm

obligatory

"I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long." - Mitch Hedberg

diniro

Postby RycePooding » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:48 pm

Re: wall on one side of you:

I hatttte that. Feel way too trapped. Ideally my bed is in the middle of a wall so both sides are open.

RycePooding

Postby sensodyne » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:52 pm

I used to bunk with my brother. I got bottom he got top.

He would throw up in his sleep and on a few occasions I would wake up to puke dripping down the wall.

sensodyne

Postby RycePooding » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:21 pm

thats terrible. you should write a short story from the perspective of the puke.

RycePooding

Postby INNIT » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:23 pm

INNIT

Postby sensodyne » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:33 pm

not so tangentially related my friends and i do that to each other when drinking

sensodyne

Postby bels » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:58 am

I'm the all time ichiban grand master king shaman of sleeping.

Except lately I've been chewing my tongue to pieces whilst I do it.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby starfox64 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:25 am

realtalk: i've been thinking way more about bedding than clothes these days

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby chilljin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:03 pm

i have a double bed now its so lush (smiling)))

chilljin

Postby yubbermax » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:11 pm

I had to sleep on my thermarest with a sleeping bag for 2 weeks this summer since I was moving between places. Pretty comfy honestly.

yubbermax

PreviousNext

Return to Care