[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Here is ramdomthought!

Here is ramdomthought!

Off topic

Re: ramdom jorts

Postby yourdad » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:01 am

I don't even know why I keep my laptop anymore. My 2 year old phone is faster than it

yourdad

Postby Ques » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:36 pm

Hoping to work at gap next semester or this summer part time, anyone who currently works there have any suggestions or warnings?

Looking at and co

Ques

Postby alby » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:56 pm

I've worked at Gap (outlet) for three years. It is a very easy and cushy job, and often just requires you folding and returning clothes to the floor and talking to customers. It's awesome. It really comes down to who you work with on whether or not you will enjoy the job. I got Tom his job and I promise we worked really hard together (jk he sucks at folding). The minimum wage is also being raised to 10.10 in June, which is pretty solid depending on where you live. All in all, go for it. The discount is also insane. (30% at outlets, 50% at retails, 25% at old navy, ayy)

Some suburban moms are very anal and crazy about the sales, but anal customers are few and far between.

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby Blastoise » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:07 pm

In addition (worked at Banana Republic (Factory)) for a year): they typically hire a LOT of employees at each store as it's mostly students. You'll start out with a fairly low number of hours and it's fairly difficult to get more unless you're getting a ton of cards. I was the top "card getter" last summer for the fitting room crew and I was getting probably double the hours that the rest were. But when I wasn't, I was only getting 8-12 hours, which really sucked because I had to drive 25 minutes there and back. 90% of the time I was attending in the fitting room (greeting guests, getting them rooms) and processing merchandise (folding tried on clothes, getting clothes ready from the back, etc.). For the most part it's super easy and chill, except for when the store is busy. So, the main part for me was not getting enough hours and not living very close to the store, which cut into my pay significantly. If you're close though, I'd definitely recommend working for Gap Inc in general, although you'd probably prefer Gap over BR. I know I would have.

Blastoise

Postby ramdomthought » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:31 pm

i feel ancient on ct now

feels like most people here can't drive

how do you deal with it

ramdomthought

Postby smiles » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:57 pm

Going back to Hong Kong on the 13th. Never spent Christmas there so it should be interesting.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby oucho » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:01 pm

My personal experiences with working in retail have been godawful, but then I was working in Schuh and then Next which are both bad stores, and both times I was working around Christmas time. Even so there were lots of things I really hated: managers would keep an eye on you so that you don't chat too much to other staff, extremely boring jobs like "stand at the front of the store and say 'hello' to everyone who walks in", ridiculous sales goals like 'make a special connection with a customer': personally I hate over the top sales staff they make me feel really uncomfortable, absolutely no freedom to do anything other than basically follow a checklist when doing anything. One day they were running short on staff and they roped me in to work in the back doing stock and it was great, you could chat as much as you wanted, there was a simple satisfaction to putting away stock. Maybe it's just because I worked in not great stores but I just found the whole thing depressing. It's a system designed to make a lot of money and squeeze as much out of sales people as possible, using checklists and training they can get you to do a job without even using your brain, it's completely soulless. I actually dislike going into major retail chains now just because of the atmosphere, I find it quite depressing.

oucho

Postby nick » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:17 pm

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby bels » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:34 pm

ppl who work in retail do you get taught a special way to fold stuff? I try to fold stuff but I struggle without a flat surface to do it on. Please advise

EDIT@HECK: I do actually have one of those folders. It's alright but I feel like an amateur when I use it instead of just going in freestyle.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby freddy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:11 pm

So I've been conditioning my hair and now it's soo smooth. I can't stop sliding my fingers through it. silky as fuck is a noice feel

freddy

Postby ramdomthought » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:20 pm

just talked to some dude at context

based midwest accent

ramdomthought

Postby popcorn » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:32 am

sports are fun

popcorn

Postby ramdomthought » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:23 pm

i phrased it wrong

so many youth on ct

the driving thing was out of nowhere and irrelevant

i should have bought a cane today

ramdomthought

Postby Ques » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:39 pm

just realized podcasts are a thing and have been listening to the new yorker's political scene's backlog, as well as left, right and center, trying to stay ~~informed~~

anyone else have any good podcast recommendations with political commentary or ones that are simply educational? bonus points if they have to do with linguistics

also, do we not have a podcast thread??

Ques

Postby RycePooding » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:27 pm

is a good dude. Buy him a beer if you see him.

RycePooding

Postby ramdomthought » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:54 pm

I hate posts like this.

I've been in Lisbon the last three weeks to spend as much time living with this woman as I could.

It's been a wonderful trip, everything has gone incredibly well. It's corny as hell, but I feel more relaxed and myself here

Tomorrow is my last day here, as in I leave Saturday very early.

I hate that. I'm still here and I already miss being here. I'm going to be destroyed for a bit for having to leave.

This fucking sucks. All I have right now is trying to psyche myself into sleeping before she goes to class tomorrow so we can have our last 24hrs with each other this year

And yet here I am, babbling about how shit this all feels while crying in the bathroom

ramdomthought

Postby freddy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:16 am

Is this the real ramdomthought?

Perhaps I'm out of the loop but my intention is snarky but well-meaning tho. Random can handle it

this is my tough love, fight me 1v1

freddy

Postby JonjoShelvey » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:25 am

Say your two best friends (my best friend of 9 years and his S/O) are moving a few states away at the end of summer for the foreseeable future. Also say you have nothing really holding you at home except your family, do you follow your friends? Or do you make your own way without them? I know I have some time to think about this but right now I feel lost and scared.

JonjoShelvey

Postby rjbman » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:05 am

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby mittens » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:03 pm

i see this guy around campus who's a dead ringer for and when i saw him wearing a long coat and sambas the other day i did a double take

mittens

Postby freddy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:20 pm

great. so i'm allergic to agrarian oil and I have some in my hair.

but i also tested non-positive for celiac disease. yay?

freddy

Postby blanket » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:51 am

art interviews went well!
One of the interviewers told me he did a phone interview with someone in Sydney who thought Canberra was "far away" lol

in related news: new aussie friends update - avian edition

blanket

Postby Syeknom » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:14 am

Prettige Sinterklaas!

Syeknom

Postby vgtbls » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:33 pm

vgtbls

Postby breakadawn » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:23 pm

Pretty much haven't posted on CT since I left for university :( Really enjoying life in London though, have a massive 5 week break now so I'm gonna take advantage by going sightseeing

breakadawn

Postby yoyobeat » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:35 pm

so, Grubhub takes paypal :woop:

yoyobeat

Postby harmsalmon » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:43 pm

about to go ice skating after I havent for 5 years pray for me please

harmsalmon

Postby yoyobeat » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:50 am

yoyobeat

Postby eufemism » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:13 pm

just realized i have 1 exam tomorrow then 4 on Tuesday.

at least I'm done after Tuesday. Plus I'm going to a concert after my last exam :woop:

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby inherently » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:31 am

I accidentally wrote a mathematics pun in my Personal Statement and now I can't stop:

"To me, mathematics is much more than the sum of its parts – it is more than a collection of conjectures, calculations, theorems, and results."

"doing mathematics is a natural extension of that hobby..."

"The transmission of ideas is a universal property of mathematics..."

send help

inherently

PreviousNext

Return to Care