[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - caretags weightloss challenge

caretags weightloss challenge

Off topic

caretags weightloss challenge

Postby ramdomthought » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:45 pm

diet and exercise -- the only way to lose weight? find the secret cure that doctors hate below!

ramdomthought

Re: caretags weightloss challenge

Postby ramdomthought » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:47 pm

have been counting calories, down a few

can't wait for it to get warmer so i can run again.

Great victory in having things that used to not fit, fitting better

ramdomthought

Postby zayg » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:02 am

I got mono recently.

Pretty sure I've lost like 10 lbs and all my clothes that were too snug fit pretty well after a week. I don't suggest it but hey, it works.

zayg

Postby g2x222 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:01 am

g2x222

Postby ramdomthought » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:35 am

I've been using myfitnesspal as my tracker.

When I cook, I put each ingredient in based on the approximate mass that I use. It's easier to estimate than I thought it would be

ramdomthought

Postby alby » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:04 pm

I've never been unhappy with my body, but I've always wanted to lose the stomach fat I have, but not sure how. I am trying to get back into running now (been good for it this past week) and I really, really want to try to eat healthier but it is so god damn hard.

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby CMYK » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:55 pm

There was a C/T running club if I remember correctly. We should bring that back. I find the best way to keep working out is to have a team or friend that can motivate you.

CMYK

Postby sabisabi » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:48 pm

i've had low self esteem since middle school, and going to uni hasn't been so kind with the poundage.

looking to be an ideal version of myself and have all my clothes fit super nice and baggy. social eating will be the death of me though.

sabisabi

Postby ramdomthought » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:15 pm

ramdomthought

Postby papabear » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:24 pm

I've never really had a problem with being fat until getting into fashion. I recently started to get into Japanese workwear but I can never find anything for me on rakuten. I'm XL/size 5/36 in most brands. I want to get down to at least L/size 4/34 waist. The only exercise I really get is through clubbing and hiking on weekends. Carbs are the fucking devil.

papabear

Postby eufemism » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:31 pm

i've already said this quite a bit but i gained like 20??? pounds in like 3 months? some ridiculous amount near that.

i took ramdom's advice and started counting calories but i feel like i still need to eat less. also going to start running tomorrow. the problem is i try to run a mile or two at like 6:00 minutes each mile and i end up feeling like i'm going to die.

there's so many clothes i want but i don't want to buy them and then not have them fit later

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby nick » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:47 pm

Hey , give a progression based system a shot. They're made for beginners and give a good path for advancement - the most popular one being Couch 2 5k. recommended me a DJ set/podcast called Podrunning: Intervals which made it easy and helped get me in the zone.

For counting calories, use one of the many online BMR calculators, eat 500 calories below that daily, and you're guaranteed to lose weight. Diet will be the ultimate factor but exercise is cool too.

Basically, gamifying fitness helps a lot - and there's so much resources available!

Personally - I'm quite out of shape - I'd like to lose 7-8 pounds, but more jmportantly, develop a lifestyle that keeps me at that weight while being able to enjoy the food and drinks I love from time to time.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby g2x222 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:33 pm

For those who track calories, how do you deal w/ food from non-chain restaurants that don't have nutrition information available?

I had a slice of pizza topped w/ cheese and chicken this afternoon. When I searched MyFitnessPal, I found entries from 170cal-580cal. I try not to be super strict when tracking, but this is a pretty big range...

g2x222

Postby ramdomthought » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:45 am

broccoli is my new staple

40 days in now, definitely not all under limit but am down about 10lbs now woo

pants fit better, jackets fit better

that's better motivation than anything else

ramdomthought

Postby papabear » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:11 am

What are some ways you're cooking that broc? I've been doing the same but with cauliflower. Overcooked cauliflower taste pretty similar to mashed potatoes. I'm only like two weeks in though and already super bored of it.

Edit: That's basically what I'm doing except I add some mozzarella and green onion so it's kinda like cheesy mashed potatoes.

papabear

Postby yoyobeat » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:31 pm

HMmm a sizeable amount of my clothes are either now too big or in that in-between zone of almost too big. IN some ways this is a little sad but overall I'm pretty excited about it since it means I'm making progress. I don't weigh myself, so judging how much weight I've lost ends up being qualitative in ways like this.

Been running consistently, usually every other day. Also have a fairly light 20lb kettlebell that I use (never really for 'real' extensive workouts) as something when I'm bored or on non-run days. They didn't have any higher weights available... Been mostly cutting out bread type things although I still probably eat them a few times a week at least (as opposed to a few times a day). I eat a lot of spinach salads with olive oil and vinegar, veggie burgers plus lots of cheese and soups and then eggs and yogurt with berries. Sometimes I make a veggie pizza. Writing this out, it strikes me how little meat I have been eating (I'm not a vegetarian).

heading out now for a run, see ya!

yoyobeat

Postby mc-lunar » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:04 pm

i'm going in care-tags wish me luck

aiming to cut binge eating entirely which is my biggest hurdle ATM

general guidelines: lower carbs and red meat, and up the veggies in my diet as a percentage. pretty simple stuff right? lets find out

mc-lunar

Return to Care