[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - IT'S DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH

IT'S DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH

Off topic

IT'S DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH

Postby igsu » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:18 pm

Anybody else hyped for The Powers That B? I really want to listen to the singles over and over but don't want to tire them out before hearing the whole album. Use this thread for general DG discussion, Fantano memes, and theories stolen from /r/deathgrips and /mu/ alike.

WTB: Opening Ceremoney Astrology IRL Aquarius shirt any size
igsu

Re: IT'S DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH

Postby zayg » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:35 pm

going on /mu/ the past few days has made me decide to avoid death grips even more than i already have

so is there anything actually to this or what

zayg

Postby frogosaurus » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:14 pm

If you can avoid the Jarvis bullshit on /mu/ and /r/dg their music is pretty great. I've been following them since NLDW and it's been pretty entertaining to watch all the bullshit and ridiculousness online. I'd actually check out some of the new singles, they sound super awesome.

Also in case anybody isn't caught up... release date for The Powers That B is now supposedly SET for March 31. And apparently tour will be announced the 24th with tickets on sale the 27th.

BONUS

According to their producer Andy (aka Flatlander) posted on SuFu a while back asking about some Ace Cashes, which I though was pretty funny.

frogosaurus

Postby finolino » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:35 am

honestly, fuck dg. they're masters at the art they make, and their music is both fun to listen to and good at telling the stories it does, but if part of your artistic facade involves disregarding your fans entirely (canceling shows on a whim leading to many people not even getting refunded -- remember the 2013 lolla incident?, breaking up and then reforming, but not before canceling even more shows) then i'll listen to you bc i like your music but i'm not going to support you or like you as an artist.

i know they think of themselves more as guys whose whole lives are just one big performance art exposition rather than just guys who make art and try to promote it, but after five years of essentially doing the same thing in different ways their whole facade feels more like a weak gimmick than a selling point to me. hopefully they're gone for good now.

finolino

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:09 pm

Check it out, they've announced a world tour. Non US dates TBA.

Also this is apparently Flatlander's account on audio sample website freesounds.com. Maybe some of the sounds he got off there were used in DG tracks, either way it's a cool website.

https://www.freesound.org/people/epicproblem/

DeafIdiotGod

Postby mc-lunar » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:26 pm

ok so they have a fake canada date but death grips have canceled 2 shows that I've had tickets to and i'd have to rustle up a fake ID and im not sure if it's worth the effort to inevitably get let down again. should i buy tickets?

mc-lunar

Postby mc-lunar » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:43 am

i take back anything bad i've ever said

mc-lunar

Postby igsu » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:49 am

Jenny Death is the shit.

WTB: Opening Ceremoney Astrology IRL Aquarius shirt any size
igsu

Postby CleanThug » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:04 pm

Really been into the grips lately, they're great at the gym.

Thought tptb was really they're best album yet and I hope to see more in the future.

Pss,Pss was incredibly loud, prob my favorite song from them at the moment

They're a really talented group of guys. They're interviews are really great, makes me like their music more. Here are some:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7kWdpEnJfxI

http://www.clashmusic.com/feature/death ... lec-empire

http://pitchfork.com/features/interview ... ath-gripz/

This ones pretty funny too: http://www.reddit.com/r/deathgrips/comm ... al_german/

Would be interested what so many people don't like about them. I find them to really be ground breaking and while they're really loud and explicit their lyrics are so deep.

CleanThug

Postby JewTurk » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:04 pm

Got my tickets to the show in Tucson, got one as a gift for my friend's birthday as well.

Hyped.

JewTurk

Postby vgtbls » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:57 pm

Tickets sold out in Philly, but I got one. Resale on stubhub starts at $120. 6x markup.

Is Death Grips the Supreme of bands?

vgtbls

Postby mu_ » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:38 am

been playing jenny death a lot lately, it's definitely a return to form imo--catchy while still being experimental and violent

I bought tix for their SF show earlier, looking forward to the pit

today, more than any other day, I am excited to feel the milk of human kindness
mu_

Postby nothobo » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:24 am

nothobo

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:54 am

I agree with mu_, Jenny Death is a welcome return to quality. The title track in particular is probably their hardest track since No Love, as soon as they come to the UK (pls) I'm getting tickets so I can see them play that song live.

Wanting to cop a DG shirt because I miss having band shirts, considering these two, which ones do you guys reckon? Unfortunately, DEATH CLASSIC is currently sold out in my size.

Image Image

DeafIdiotGod

Postby CleanThug » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:12 pm

Would really be a shame if these guys stop making music especially at the peak of their career.

Looking back I think half of their albums are shit. TMS, GP, and them just don't do it for me. I think NLDW was the first time the group really hit their mark.

TPTB is everything a death grips album should be.

CleanThug

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:54 am

idk guys, Exmilitary is where it really hits the spot for me. the production has a much more organic feel than the rest of their discography and feels much more raw, animalistic and aggressive as a result. I like the production on their other releases but it's all in a fairly similar electronic vein, with TMS being somewhat of a transitional phase. Also Exmilitary has Thru The Walls, one of their best songs and banger of the century.

Any love for their first EP? The song Full Moon (Death Classic) takes the raw feel to its absolute extreme, probably one of their most abrasive tracks with it being almost purely Zach Hill mathing out and MC Ride screaming loud even for him.

DeafIdiotGod

Return to Care