[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Music is my boyfriend

Music is my boyfriend

Off topic

Re: Music, Conversation

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:46 am

It seems that for almost every genre of music there's a load of japanese people who are better at it than you would ever have imagined. I wish that I could be even a quarter of the pianist this guy is.

3:42 onwards is absolutely wild.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby rublev » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:19 pm

so i don't know whether anyone watched fortitude or not but ben frost did the soundtrack. ben frost (australian living / working in iceland) used to be one of my all time faves and i guess i kinda stopped listening to him for a bit (and almost everything else). but the soundtrack he did was beautiful. i remember being surprised when i heard he was doing a soundtrack but it actually makes perfect sense.

and in case you wanna here something he did before the soundtrack

fave tv / movie soundtracks? need to have a think but badalamenti / twin peaks is my immediate no.1

rublev
Political Editor

Postby CPV1 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:27 am

Woi.

CPV1

Postby anonomous » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:54 pm

Jazz Cartier's new album is pretty fucking sick. DL Link -

Also, here's the album art for the song 'Switch' By Jazz Cartier. I had to share this, i love the colours and scene of this song art.

anonomous

Postby JewTurk » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:31 pm

By the time I made it to my record store all the Deja Entendu albums were gone and the Father John Misty singles were gone. Fuck.

Ah well. Found the Inherent Vice soundtrack for $5 in the sale bin, though, so things worked out.

JewTurk

Postby bird.in.flight » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:47 pm

I felt like an idiot lining up with people who wanted to buy Bruce Springsteen reissues and the White Stripes lenticular cover (especially considering the price), but it was worth it for previously un-released Sun Ra

bird.in.flight

Postby momjeans » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:51 pm

thoughts on the barter 6?

i love it so far, but tbh iv been a huge stan for young thug 4 a while now.

momjeans

Postby bird.in.flight » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:12 pm

https://www.mixcloud.com/NTSRadio/andre ... pril-2015/

glad this finally got upped, always happy for stuff from dj dez

bird.in.flight

Postby stateofyou » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:09 pm

in a bit of a giegling hole atm

this is just absolutely nuts, the spoken word sample could proper prang you out at 4 am though

this from the same artist, but different pseudonym is also great

WhileI feel Traumprinz is the strongest on the label I also love all of Dwig's stuff and Kettenkarussell, basically anything released on this label is incredible.

Also been feeling 1080p Collection, new stuff that dropped last week on Opal Tapes, RVNG Intl and still loving that DJ Sotofett album that dropped earlier this year.

Last edited by Syeknom on Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed your youtubes
stateofyou

Postby bels » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:49 am

Booking tickets for the mountain goats at Shepard's Bush O2 Empire, should I get tickets for the stalls (standing only) or level 1/2/3 (unreserved seating) ?

It all costs the same so maybe it doesn't matter?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby meatjacket » Wed May 13, 2015 3:19 pm

oh shit

meatjacket

Postby LelandJ » Wed May 13, 2015 3:53 pm

LelandJ

Postby LelandJ » Wed May 13, 2015 8:40 pm

^One of the better sides of one of the first recorded preacher rappers. Not the most hardcore of the period but excellent phrasing and interaction with his congregation/choir.

LelandJ

Postby LelandJ » Wed May 13, 2015 9:12 pm

Here's one of the most hardcore preacher rappers, wu-tang sounds so weak in comparison.

LelandJ

Postby bels » Thu May 14, 2015 9:46 am

http://live.rbmaradio.com/ triangle takeover or sth idk they mentioned haxan cloak will be on so w/e

bels
Yung Winona

Postby BobbyZamora » Fri May 15, 2015 3:52 am

Rest in peace.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby LelandJ » Sun May 17, 2015 7:26 pm

Armenag Shah Mouradian, hands down one of the top five most soulful tenors in recorded history, died in obscurity after going 'crazy' witnessing war and genocide.

LelandJ

Postby can- » Sun May 17, 2015 10:59 pm

I love m83s album "Before the Dawn Heals Us"'. Cities, Digital Shades, and m83 are all close seconds but before the dawn has a sense of atmosphere and fantasy that makes it unforgettable to me. every song has its own narrative strength and it feels like watching a bunch of short movies

can-

Postby meatjacket » Mon May 18, 2015 9:48 am

friend of mine got discovered (not huge but still its a big deal !)

http://www.wakethedeaf.co.uk/2015/05/15 ... ond-songs/

glad someone else conveyed the feelings i got when i listened to his records.

completely shilling for my friend here, would definitely suggest downloading his stuff (its pay what you want, so feel free to $$ or not if you like!) if you're into lo-fi, cool time listening.

Really like the "aesthetic" of his songs overall, but i think this one really focused in on it and hit the nail on the head. If you've got like 30 min, a calm bedroom and a bit of work to do, this will do you just nicely.

meatjacket

Postby finolino » Sat May 30, 2015 12:24 pm

surprised no one has posted surf here yet

def lives up to the hype (at least the hype it got in chicago) imo. focusing the album more on instrumentation (it is donnie's album after all, not chance's) and guest vocals rather than on chance zinger after zinger was a good move.

finolino

Postby can- » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:25 pm

Jamie xxxxxxxxx

can-

Postby raags » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:37 am

Jamie xx album isn't hitting me like I expected it to, there are some standout tracks on it but they've mostly been doing the rounds for over a year now. Sleep Sound is great, Girl is quite good, and Good Times is weirdly fun and catchy and quirky, but nothing else really took me. Some of the tracks just feel lazy to me, I can't really see a context where they'd suit in terms of playing them at a party or listening to them at home. I also feel some are just flat out weak and uninspired, like Gosh and Obvs. The tracks with the other xx members are cool but feel fairly kitsch and uncohesive in the context of the album. Like the RA review, I agree, a lot of the tracks lack any 'soul' or 'edge' and don't really bring anything new or compelling to table. It's interesting reading the contrasting P4k and RA reviews of it though, as one lauds while the other lampoons it. What are you ladies & guys thoughts on it?

raags
Best Dressed

Postby mc-lunar » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:07 am

mc-lunar

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:00 pm

One of my favourite bandcamp artists finally put out a new LP.

https://neatbeats.bandcamp.com/

He makes hip-hop beats with a load of quirky, vintage sounding samples of traditional instruments and obscure dialogue. I highly recommend checking out his first LP and EP, great sound.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby vgtbls » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:32 pm

vgtbls

Postby can- » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:06 pm

james blake is awesome but what makes jamie xx my favorite is the melancholy that is in every track.

listening to jamie xx for me is being in that space where you are depressed, but also aware of your depression, and knowing that there is both good and bad times ahead of you and behind you. dancing is one of the few things for me that is good wherever i am in my head and life even if you cry when you are done or you want to cry and cant.

jj is another one of my all time favorites who fills this kind of space

can-

Postby stappard_ » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:57 pm

James Blake (in his album guise) and Jamie XX are both yawnfests in 2015 but at least James Blake has a few more (now quite old) genuinely genius tracks to hang his hat on.

I'll take care of U, Far Nearer and the florence remix are all way in the past now

I can see what the idea is and it'll go down well at festivals and stuff but its all too tame really and for me the melancholy thing has been done in better, more evocative and challenging ways by plenty of others

stappard_

Postby stappard_ » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:55 pm

yes i can

stappard_

Postby bels » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:49 pm

Isn't Jamie XX like nine years old. He'll probably release some deep contemplative banger when he turns 28 or something.

Jamie and James both seem boring but I'll listen because stapp won't tell me who the cooler people to listen to are.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:47 am

can-

PreviousNext

Return to Care