[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Music is my boyfriend

Music is my boyfriend

Off topic

Re: Music, Conversation

Postby eufemism » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:42 pm

the young gawd keeps blessing us. as much as i love the raunchy pill poppin weeknd this shit is too good. this plus miguel and frank ocean coming soon.....

we dont deserve this flaxsisters

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby raags » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:48 pm

raags
Best Dressed

Postby raags » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:17 am

There seems to be a real wave of female producers in electronic music gaining a lot of exposure in a traditionally male-dominated space at the moment. It's pretty cool to see uber talented and intelligent artists like Jlin, Fatima Al Qadiri, and my personal favourite Holly Herndon blowing up a bit!

Holly's album is really cool and I'm still wrapping my head around it a bit. A recurring theme in avant-garde electronica seems to be exploring the theme of the 'digital self', and I think Holly does this pretty well through both her videos and her music. Her clips are very fucking weird and great particularly to watch if you're cooked. They're surreal and bizarre and full of 'digital leftovers' and weird technological motifs and artefacts. Her production reflects this, with so many bizarre samples and clips and bleeps and bloops that she is talented enough to combine beautifully to form a symphony of cascading anomalies.

Chorus isn't off her recent album but it's still my favourite track of hers.

raags
Best Dressed

Postby can- » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:29 am

can-

Postby stappard_ » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:26 am

I think you're going a bit far

stappard_

Postby JewTurk » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:11 pm

Seeing Zach on vocals is so nice, honestly really dig this.

JewTurk

Postby CleanThug » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:50 am

Swans in the new Macbeth trailer is so, so good

CleanThug

Postby jrisk » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:28 pm

pc music is over

jrisk

Postby chilljin » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:13 am

anyone else heading to glastonbury next week??

very excited to see funkadelic, run the jewels and kanye

actually looking forward to Florence more than Foo too

chilljin

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:20 am

Katy and I will be there.

Also - what ever happened to SALEM? Fuck they were good.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby RomanEmpire » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:44 pm

Really want to go to ACL and FunFunFunFest. Both lineups are great and I'm having a hard time picking just one. Might try going to both lol

RomanEmpire

Postby Yoder » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:55 am

anyone going to forecastle by chance?

Yoder

Postby bird.in.flight » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:11 am

bird.in.flight

Postby bird.in.flight » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:20 pm

http://fourtet.bandcamp.com/album/morning-evening

THANK YOU KIERAN

New NTS mix is neat too, more contemporary stuff than usual
https://www.mixcloud.com/NTSRadio/float ... june-2015/

bird.in.flight

Postby mc-lunar » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:32 am

i thought this was pretty funny, seems like a response to all the people that were mad about a rapper (he's black!!!!!) headlining at glastonbury.

jay-z did a similar thing a while back after oasis got mad about him - he played a wonderwall on an acoustic guitar lmao

also reminds me of devo's weird spastic cover of the stones "(i can't get no) satisfaction"

i don't know too much about devo but apparently this was done in part to take the piss out of the people at their shows who wanted to hear blues rock. brian eno is a genius anyways, does anyone have any recommendations on getting into devo? i heard their later stuff is really mediocre

mc-lunar

Postby evilfriends » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:21 am

Dropped earlier today, one of the projects I was looking forward to the most this year. So far it's amazing.

evilfriends

Postby raags » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:13 am

Absolutely adoring Terre Thaemlitz' AKA DJ Sprinkles at the moment, her productions are so beautiful and considered and her writing is fantastically thought provoking and challenging.

Thaemlitz is something of a true renegade in modern club culture. She tackles themes that are usually off limits in electronic music, eschewing conventional notions of ‘having the night of your life’ and instead confronting issues of gender, sexuality, race and class, often in lipstick and four-inch heels. Nineteen albums and multifarious monikers into her 20-year career, she’s constructed a political discourse that’s hard to find anywhere else in dance music today.

Thaemlitz really typifies how music can raise conversation and political discourse as a rare combination of a tremendous producer (Midtown 120 Blues, where the above track is taken from, won RA's album of the year award - it's one of the best deep house albums of all time), challenging artist (check out Soulessness: ) and queer/trans theorist and advocate.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/o ... -thaemlitz

raags
Best Dressed

Postby finolino » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:34 am

been listening to local chicago artist spencer radcliffe (aka blithe field) a ton, perfect music for the end of the summer. it's like emo + folk with glitchy breakbeat-style production at times all courtesy of mr. rad

also, obligatory

finolino

Postby Suquida » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:42 pm

This song was released in May and nobody in this thread has mentioned how goddamn good it is yet? Can someone share my enthusiasm for a second? Anyone?

Man even the video is neat

Suquida

Postby can- » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:50 pm

I'm not the type of girl for you

can-

Postby bird.in.flight » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:40 am

didn't think anything was going to top platform, but from this and his dimensions performance, i'm already sure floating points' new album will be my favourite album this year

bird.in.flight

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:22 pm

Anyone caught the new 0PN track? It's way more in-your-face than anything else I've ever heard from him, I imagine it will be insane to hear in a live set. Very interested to see where he goes with this new sound.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby Suquida » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:33 am

I always find music I really enjoy while sitting in my coffee haunt, me and the guys that work there have such similar taste in music that I wanna ask them if I can put a playlist together for them to use. Is that a thing that people do? Is that weird? I don't think that's weird.

Last edited by Suquida on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suquida

Postby bird.in.flight » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:29 am

seeing bradley zero, al dobson jr and prequel as part of a rhythm section label party at a warehouse on saturday, should be sick
mixcloud embed when?

bird.in.flight

Re: Music

Postby CPV1 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:36 am

Alright, , mate. Here's what I've been feeling lately.

Last Japan – Till da Morning Comes (feat. D Double E)
Nice eski stabs and synths. Drums are a bit American but w/ever.

Audio - Collision
Couple of big ones at Fabric recently have got me convinced that drum and bass is the best music for dancing. It's just so well engineered.

Roy Bar - Sinohouse
Square wave heaven.

SOPHIE // MADONNA
Loved the original to be honest but hated the Diplo bit so this edit is perfect.

Boddika - Untitled
Ridiculously cheeky tune. Takes a few listens maybe.

Martyn - Don't Block The Box
Absolute banger.

stranger - Warehouse Memoires (US Revival mix) (REFLEKT001)
This one too.

DOMINICA | GOTTA LET YOU GO (BICEP EDIT)
Everyone's playing it. Everyone loves it. Tune of the summer to be honest.

Ekman - GMMDI (Breaker 1 2 remix)
Here's one from FWD the other day.

CPV1

Postby hamburgerlady » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:45 pm

went from mainly listening to shoegaze/noise/etc.. to dad/classic rOcK & rOlL.

hamburgerlady

Postby JonjoShelvey » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:51 pm

What happened to James Blake

How can he go from making amazing "post-dubstep" records and then a mindblowing soul dubstep album to the piece of trash that was Overgrown.

I hope he can make something as innovative and interesting as his previous work for his next release.

JonjoShelvey

Postby can- » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:31 pm

this album still bangs

can-

Postby eufemism » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:23 pm

enrique iglesias needs to stick to songs in spanish real talk

i should get a face tattoo

show me the hoe fax
eufemism