[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - care-tags design coalition

care-tags design coalition

Off topic

Re: care-tags design coalition

Postby rjbman » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:02 pm

Had some free time so I created some CSS to change the appearance of care-tags.

Here's a small preview:

To use, you can install an extension called Stylish, and add a new style with the contents of .

Would be fun to have a competition to see who can come up with the coolest c-t design...

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby sknss » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:11 pm

Noooo this is sacrilegious

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby maj » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:32 pm

thought i'd throw my hat into the ring for best ct layout

maj

Postby schiaparelli » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:03 pm

design miami is an international design show that happens during december in miami, and a sister show (confusingly named design miami basel) during june in basel. i've been looking through some of the pieces (collected on ) and wanted to share my favorites with you guys!

by jean prouvé, one of the 20th-century designer-engineer-teacher types. i love how this feels like a very standard schoolhouse chair, but with the back legs turning into these polygonal wide supports. he has some other very lovely chairs and prefab house work that's fantastic (dwell readers, this one's for you)

ImageImage
, another similar by andrea branzi. some of his work is described as neoprimitive, which seems appropriate for these pieces: shapes from nature in deliberately simple frames. the two necklaces seem a lot like collages and the composition of the shapes inside (and how they relate to the composition of the necklace overall) is super interesting.

by kang myung sun. it's made of mother-of-pearl, which reminds me of the ugly overwrought furniture my grandmother and her friends will have in their homes, but it's in a very interesting modern context: an organic curvilinear shape. i can totally imagine this as an imposing sculptural focal point in some hotel lobby designed by zaha hadid. along similar lines:

by françois bauchet, a fine arts/sculpture person who moved into product design. the coffee table is pretty stark and minimalist, but the kind of cell-structure compartments make it really interesting. a lot of his furniture is along these lines: very clean, stark forms but with components arranged in an organic manner, or forms that are kind of amoebic in shape. some of his other work not shown at design miami:

ImageImage

schiaparelli

Postby rjbman » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:23 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby mc-lunar » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:23 pm

I'm dipping my toe into front-end and I want to know where everyone gets fonts and background images from...I can't just keep using Google Fonts but I also don't want to spend $1100 for Helvetica

mc-lunar

Postby schiaparelli » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:04 pm

fonts: i have a paid plan that's like $50/yr (pretty reasonable since i enjoy doing frontend and having a large library of super nice typefaces to choose from). i use it to serve @font-face custom typefaces.

background images: is a really great resource.

schiaparelli

Postby yoyobeat » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:08 pm

I see Moncler jackets all the time, and whenever I do I think about how much they cost and why the people who own them, own them. There's the badge on the side, which is of course the only reason I even know people are wearing the Moncler brand at all. Otherwise I'd just think, oh, a nice looking down jacket.

I've always liked subversive ad reworks so this is my attempt at doing one of those for Moncler. This badge would go in the same place on a jacket as the normal Moncler patch, and anyone who knew Moncler might be taken aback, expecting to see one thing and encountering something very different that makes them question their idea of what status is.

The word "STATUS" replacing the "MONCLER" text 1:1 is not a coincidence.

Thinking seriously about getting some of these made as embroidered patches for people to sew on their jackets. The cost wouldn't be so bad plus I guess it'd be a kind of portfolio thing.

Any illustrator tips are welcome if you see something off, I'm very much still learning.

yoyobeat

Postby pheaj » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:35 pm

If anyone's interested, my school does this thing where they go to Europe and interview a bunch of famous designers (somehow the prof who runs it is friends with all of them or something) and It's pretty interesting hearing their own perspective on design and such.

But anyways, a large thing I've taken away from all of my design courses so far is to simply learn the language of whatever you're working with, be it graphic design, architecture, urban design, etc. and the rest will follow suit. I'm pretty excited going into UX/UI and/or game design :woop:

pheaj

Postby mc-lunar » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:53 am

mc-lunar

Postby ramdomthought » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:57 am

.com or .me or something that isn't .sexy/.pizza/.soy/.xxx if it's for anything at all professional and it's going to be your own domain. in 5 years you'll have to buy another domain because nobody takes .sexy seriously as a tld

ramdomthought

Postby jrisk » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:49 am

Buy .com or .me and then buy a goofy one and set it up as a domain alias. based on who you're sharing your site with, give them the serious domain or the fun one.

jrisk

Postby aeieie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:08 pm

ive been studying fashion design combined with international studies for 3 years now (entering my 4th year!! eek)
fashion design is really interesting to me but honestly the importance of interdisciplinary is so important as much as working with people who think in different ways to you is frustrating. i think it's so cool when you get to see the results of those collaborations like bioengineering/fashion or something like that

eg:

i read this exerpt from Does money make art? as an applied aesthetic by julian bittner and i still think about it something re: design and re: future prospects

aeieie

Postby mc-lunar » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:43 pm

My youthful ignorance has revealed itself again. Thanks for the help everyone, got .me for now since it was on sale and I'll probably buy .com as well soon.

mc-lunar

Postby silvaeri » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:50 pm

Design related:

I'm working on finally putting into action my plans for a personal cycling themed blog and design store. But I'm really struggling with a name. So I was wondering if any of you had ideas for names, really just trying to brainstorm at the moment (since I'm terrible at names). Concept is cycling apparel/posters/design and my own personal ramblings about cycling and riding. Maybe expanded to overall outdoors theme. If anyone has any ideas it'd be great. The name is the only thing holding me back from being able to start putting this into reality.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby schiaparelli » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:54 am

i have no easy answers but would recommend you go around and find a bunch of preexisting names you like/dislike, either for cycling blogs or cycling companies in general or design stores or any shop really. and articulate what seems fitting or not fitting about those names.

i think it is easy to go for some sort of design/cycling pun/reference/in-joke/term but you don't necessarily need to be so literal, if you can find an evocative word that gets at what you are fond of and are targeting, the emotions you want to convey, the ethos, &c.

schiaparelli

Postby ballast » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:42 pm

ballast

Postby yoyobeat » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:53 pm

This may be of interest to some? Graphic design for fashion book

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Graphic-Des ... 20ddcf021f

yoyobeat

Postby yoyobeat » Fri May 08, 2015 10:54 am

yoyobeat

Postby oucho » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:17 pm

did anyone ever make forum signatures/tags? here are some of mine B)

oucho

Postby alby » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:38 pm

did that when I was 11 in a Halo forum

mostly followed tuts and never really made anything all on my own but that's how 11 yr old me thought I was cool

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby mc-lunar » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:32 am

been reading about user interface design a lot. looking to read more, it's absolutely fascinating - does anyone have recs on ui/ux articles/books? i dont get to take any classes for like, 3 more years

also, is a pretty interesting short read from back when wired was still decent (lol). the computer vs. analog dichotomy is really interesting to me and i've spent a lot of time think about my personal relationship (ugh) with it

mc-lunar

Postby vehk » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:54 pm

shoutout to forum signatures

shoutout to oucho

vehk

Postby oucho » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:22 am

Sorry didn't see your question, I was on planetrenders, crownzero, ex01, tagfreak, I'm pretty sure those were the major ones from like 2006-2015

here are some tags by the greatest tagger of all time, screw

oucho

Postby sknss » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:08 am

So why don't you guys have any signatures?

sknss

Postby oucho » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:21 am

oucho

Postby Blastoise » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:02 pm

Last edited by Blastoise on Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blastoise

Postby sknss » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:07 pm

I think you should bring them back
Maybe make them smaller to appease deadkitty (what a tyrant)

sknss

Postby oucho » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:48 pm

I will bring them back and make them larger

oucho

Postby bels » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:19 am

Make me a tag please

bels
Yung Winona

PreviousNext