[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - CARE SHARE 2020

CARE SHARE 2020

Off topic

Re: Sharing is Caring // The Care Share

Postby bird.in.flight » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:08 am

for the next one is anyone in australia cause i paid like $120 to ship something to the netherlands when i did the superfuture exchange thing

bird.in.flight

Postby bels » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:50 am

You can take part in the jiffy share with its A5 envelope limit. Should limit shipping costs.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Stolsdos » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:15 pm

I got an unbelievable care-package from the one and only
Also it just happened to be the monday after my birthday so this made for a fantastic surprise birthday present. I tried to make this video twice before, both times I forgot to check my storage capacity :///. So get ready for the most unexcited sounding, super excited person ever. Thanks again Big bee!!!
[youtube]PbmwyJnR1vc&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Stolsdos

Postby germinal » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:52 am

Many thanks to ! This package more than makes up for England's ineffectual spin bowlersImage
an esteemed brand of ketchup (I can't wait to try this!)
Texan pencil case with pens, including chalk ink pen and chalkboard stickers
sweets!

care-tags x garminlad t-shirt. I love this so much :grin:

USB stick with music! I've never listened to most of these acts so this is an excellent introduction

Thanks again to Stolsdos, and thanks to as well, another great care share

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Suquida » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:45 am

^^^ I could seriously drink their spicy ketchup out of the bottle

Only mildly ashamed of saying that

Suquida

Postby soko » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:12 pm

Got a really nice care package from @vgtbls! There lots of neat stuff in here and I already ate most of the liquorice pipes (first time having them-they're tasty). Thanks so much Dan, this is dope! Included in the package was:
1 adidas track jacket
1 supreme tyvek tote bag (underrated material)
1 mustard baseball hat
1 ttc token
6 canadian cents (will be put to good use)
1 chinese yuan (may eventually be put to good use)
1 liberty bell pin- currently on my m65 jacket
9 liquorice pipes
2 spooky plastic hands
1 bogo sticker
1 *limited edition* care tags sticker
2 cool dog stickers
1 package of alpaca and sheep sticker!
1 starburst package chain
1 embroidery kit!!!!!!!!
1 sushi cat!!!!!!
Thanks Dan!

soko

Postby charybdis » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:54 pm

Great care-shares so far. I highly recommend you guys watch the unboxing videos, they are extremely charming and yoyoshi does a yoyotrick.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby yoyobeat » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:56 pm

Great + thoughtful package arrived today from !!!! Here's a long video about it (now working)

yoyobeat

Postby Vaeltaja » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:06 pm

Got my care-share today from

This package fell pretty nicely between Halloween and my birthday, so it's basically a birthday scare-share for me.

I was too excited to wait til I got home so I decided to pop the package open at work...

Spoilers contain closer-up shots of some of the items that have cool details or whatever. Excuse the nail polish. Might not fit my aesthetic but it was for good Halloween times.

Anyhow, onto the package as I ramble...

I read the note first. Quite surprised that everything fit into a relatively small box. Anyhow, a very nice note that outlines everything that he got me.

Uniqlo socks. Yep, he's right, we can always have more socks. Also they have little doghouses and huskies on them. Huskies are probably in my top 5 favorite dog breeds because they look so ridiculous (derpy wolves). 'Qlo also captured the icy blue eyes nicely. Super cute, super cool!

Less is more pin. Ya know, for now, it's going on my desk. If/when I get my battlejacket going I'll make sure to place the pin on nicely. It's also funny how it's supposed to be minimalist but they mention the website on the side. Pins are always fun, maybe I'll stick it on my beanie or just to random articles of clothing I own.

Ximon the LEGO mini-figure. Who's Ximon? A bespoke rjbman LEGO figure, that's who. I like to imagine he's 100% unique and I have the only one. Either way, he's going on my desk along with all my other collectibles. He's small, so he'll be near the front and he can provide me sci-fi flintstone when I'm writing. He's also got a gun/hand-cannon thing. Given the theme of the package, I think he's a space explorer, so I'm going with that for now.

Masala chai tea bags from a Chicago tea store. I love tea. Tea is great. In fact, I'm drinking tea right now. Chai is really tasty and now I have more chai to experiment with!

Chuppon "cultivation kit with self-watering animal planter." Oh god, how is this a thing? It's so cute. Apparently it'll grow me wild strawberries. Really cute, I'll set this up soon, I think. This can liven up my room some. Apparently this lil guy "drinks" when the plants are thirsty. I have no idea how we'll know when the plants are thirsty, but I'll test it out. Magic is afoot, I think.

Stone Island Shadow Project lookbook. I love lookbooks. Also this isn't really a book because it's only a couple leafs long, but each page is folded... I can't think of the right word, like a pamphlet perhaps. It's actually quite hefty,they used nice glossy paper and everything. I've always been interested in techwear so this lookbook will give me ideas if I ever jump into the aesthetic. Otherwise, I'll look at the cool clothes and drool over the fabrics (I can that, right? Waterproof n all?). It's also in two languages.

Monocle... magazine-book-thing. It's really heavy magazine! The tagline is "a briefing on global affairs, business, culture & design." Sounds cool. I've never seen or heard of this magazine, so it'll be an adventure. There's apparently a mini-book inside about cuisine as curated by Turkish Airlines. Looks like I can start being cultured and proper now. There's a lot of food and fashion in here. I'm going to have fun reading this.

Two books: River of Gods and The Windup Girl. Two sci-fi novels about a futuristic India. rjbman likes the books. They sound really fun. Since I'm basically writing sci-fi for my senior project, I bet I'll be able to gleam a lot of details and ideas from these novels... so entertainment and utility filled! I also need more books in my life. I read a lot less than I'd like.

All-in-all a whole bunch of really nice things. I can't wait to try them out/read them/wear them/do whatever it is I do with them! Thanks a bunch rjbman!

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby charybdis » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:21 am

YOU GUYS, I JUST GOT THE GREATEST CARE-SHARE FROM .

I made a tiny video that is kind of jerkily cut down so it would fit the vimeo file limit—and to cut down some excited flailing. The password is just the name of the dude in the top corner of this forum. It's about two minutes. Also my hair is tucked into my sweater because the wool mockneck is kinda itchy after awhile. (~~uses for long hair~~~)

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/144834912[/vimeo]

e: the embed isn't working for me so here's a straight link

Here's a full photo:

He sent me some exciting halloween candy, a polaroid camera and some film, the Hamilton the musical soundtrack, internet comics, these really pretty colored pencils, a supreme logo, supreme post-its and a wood incense burner. Just really wonderful all around and probably one of the best gifts I've ever received.

Last edited by blanket on Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed vimeo link :-)
charybdis

Postby harmsalmon » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:22 am

Yoooooooo ty for the awesome care-share!!! genuinely I feel like this is one of the best gifts I have ever gotten. maybe just that I had a stressful week but it felt very special. so so appreciative. that said, thank you silvaeri/Kyle!!

contents:
- a handwritten (that goes a long way) note, pleasantries and information exchanged

- the Complete Works of William Shakespeare - yes!!!!! all of them!! ballpark of ~1M plays/sonnets/what have you. this is actually so fantastic because one of my classes is reading 3 of Willy's plays and Ive been relegated to using crappy internet transcriptions bc I can't afford to buy them in the bookstore!!

- Fireball - i genuinely could not believe you sent me this. I was convinced it was fake. my colleagues and I debated the legality of sending a (real) alcoholic beverage through post as only college students could, and were unable to reach a conclusion. though rest assured,, care-tags community, confirmed to truly have significant alcohol content

- Gummi bears - i already ate all of these Someone please send help

- Sour gummy worms - I also ate these.

- Sea salt dark chocolate wizardry - have not eaten yet. plan to share with (uncomfortably push upon) romantic interest.

- This coffee from Minneapolis - have not eaten or made yet but have been smelling regularly - walnuts and something else?. labeled "Peace Coffee - 100% World Trade" and I'm all bout those labor ethics so needless to say i am psyched.

- Field Notes - i am yet to understand how these work but they do like magic. the "" paper"" is waterproof and tearproof and ink doesnt smudge on it - I don't know what's happening here but it rocks. already drew a regrettable self-portrait on the inside cover in a little daystorm.

- This pen - this pen is AMAZING - one of the nicest-feeling things I think I own. "Swiss made" by "Caran d'Ache" - it writes (and clicks) as elegantly as its name sounds

- "All Go No Slow" sticker - actually very curious as to what this references - a preliminary Altavista search uncovered no obvious options. i love stickers very much and it is neat and going on my laptop .

- paperweight made from a bike something? - I'm sorry I know that sounds careless but I just don't have the explanatory Care-Sharer's Guide To The Galaxy you provided on me. that said, it is a dope (and functional) paperweight - I do own a bike and love it but understand pitifully little of it. I will find what part of my bike this is taken from so i can put it back.

- Some very pleasant-feeling parchment paper - this wrapping paper had an especially nice handfeel. I will re-use it for another gift.

thank you again silvaeri/Kyle!

- Sam

harmsalmon

Postby raags » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:57 am

hey sheilas & blokes & other assorted drongos, I'd like to potentially organise an Australian/NZ(?) care-share depending on level of interest. Please rep and say so if you'd be interested. Tagging known aus users but get involved if you're not tagged too.

raags
Best Dressed

Postby silvaeri » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:55 am

- Glad it got there safely! I learned after I sent the package that sending alcohol through USPS is a federal offense, who knew!? To answer some of your questions: Field Notes are magic, I have no idea how the waterproofness works but it does it's amazing! Glad you enjoy the pen! recommended it. The "All Go No Slow" sticker is a from bicyclist / artist out there who makes really rad stuff. You're correct on the paperweight, it's made out of a bike dropout / track fork-end (which is what the rear wheel is held in on a track bike), it's actually the same exact dropout as the one I have on my bike and it is made to look like the Hennepin Avenue Bridge in Minneapolis. Enjoy the fireball and resulting hangover! Also that coffee is fantastic, it's made by a bunch of my friends in Minneapolis and it's dope.

- sent him fireball because the profile said "I am underage...and totally open to receiving alcohol". I figure every freshman / underage college student deserves to learn first hand about the wonders and regret of fireball.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby kyung » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:47 pm

BIG thank you to (please excuse my awful pronunciation) who sent me a very sweet (ha) care package. this was such a thoughtful gift and i am in love with this pin.

packaged included:

-cake pop maker! (this will be handy for the holidays)
-cake mix! (in my favorite flavor
-a gyroscope, i hadn't read your letter in its entirety while i was filming so it was pretty funny that you found that post i made a while back and mentioned it
-BLESS stickers
-a BLESS pin! i did indeed put it on my jacket
-a very interesting looking fashion publication filled with interviews and silly pictures

once again thank you!

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby charybdis » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:02 pm

Ahhh I'm glad you liked it. This is the ridiculously silly note I sent in FULL COLOR because when I printed it out my color printer broke. I made it after I couldn't sleep and read a bunch of subscription box reviews :

I think the bless stickers are supposed to be used as bag handles.

charybdis

Postby BIGBEE » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:46 pm

GOT A CARE SHARE from rameames

intelligence magazine issue 1 (muy pix of hiloshi....)

nike x acronym laces

corduroi club sticker and sox

vodka that is really nice and way nicer than anything I would buy

canadian sake. SO cool first time I've ever had sake

"a pale view of the hills"

illustrated example toque, no vis since I am wear ing it

MAPLE CANDY. Used to get these all the time when I lived in NH

thanks ramseames!

BIGBEE

Postby ramseames » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:54 pm

so at this point 33 of 37 people have shipped. 4 people have either shipped and not told me (sort of bad) or haven't shipped yet (bad)

I've PMed everyone I haven't heard from, please let me know asap what the status of your share is.

Thanks!

ramseames

Postby charybdis » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:29 pm

Okay, while the care-share is winding down and I were talking about how much we love pins and about maybe doing a care-tags pin/patch exchange.

Since pins and patches are small it would be cheaper to ship things and I was thinking setting $20 as the ballpark price.

charybdis

Postby jrisk » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:43 pm

thanks for being bad cop ramseames when no one else wanted to be bad cop

jrisk

Postby charybdis » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:38 am

ah not sure about the deets with jiffyshare. I thought it was mostly a size limitation to make shipping cheaper?

charybdis

Postby bels » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:26 am

Yes, so no guarantee you would get a patch or pin, but those would be ideal things to send. I also wasntt planning on a Pryce limit.

I don't mind the idea of separating it from jifshsre but the timing is a bit awkward because I was planning to do the jiffy share after this winds down too.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sick boy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:59 pm

Yo , this is unreal!
-Fernet Branca, currently drinking this with whiskey and ginger ale. very nice.
-Vintage Armani tie
-huuuggee side of leather (this covered my entire kitchen floor when rolled out) and swatches stolen from the Phillip Lim studio
-Mao quotes
-Dostoyevsky, I've been looking for something to read, this sounds fantastic
-"OG" Lang sweater (!!!)
-"Deadstock" Nom de Guerre shirt
Thanks so much man!

sick boy

Postby meatjacket » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:46 pm

i dont know how to tag so someone should do it for me pls

BOBBIN YOU DOG

This was fantastic! The drive home from the usps was very exciting as i tried to figure out who this could possibly be from. Once I saw the story mfg at the bottom corner, i knew

raw opening package experience

Contents
* non.solar shirt
* honour scarf ( Actually bobbin, i've got this color already, so with your permission, I'd like to pass it on to another story fan i know) ;-)
* STORY MFG postcards
* sick Thank You bag
* Story Tea (this is amazing)

Thank you so so so much! I love it all :-)

meatjacket

Postby earthonator » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:01 pm

^^ I gotchu man

earthonator

Postby can- » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:13 pm

a stolen moment with 's pelt - ben for scale

can-

Postby sick boy » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:32 pm

I did the same thing as soon as I took it out of the box

sick boy

Postby ramseames » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:36 pm

ramseames

Postby smiles » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:54 pm

opening his careshare from

sorry for vertical video (and bad camera work) - i forgot.

[youtube]NSCFy92xcF4&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby bels » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:08 pm

Damn I talk fast. How does anyone understand me.

NOT PICTURED is the ZINE which is AMAZING. I'm going to show it to people on first dates so they know what they're dealing with.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:27 pm

Thank you so much !!!!

The maple syrup has already been split three ways between myself, Katy and my housemate and best of all I know some dogs have been given a treat.

Like I said in the video we have literally *just* got back from a very long trip back from Poland so we are knackered.

Okay - I realised like 2 seconds after I'd thrown the package away and started reading the book that it's actually book! I had no idea - I had to message people to ask if it was actually his or some elaborate care-tags joke that I wasn't part to. In any case I'm leaving the video as is for authenticity

Bobbin.Threadbare

PreviousNext

Return to Care