[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Here is ramdomthought!

Here is ramdomthought!

Off topic

Re: Here is ramdomthought!

Postby Suquida » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:26 pm

wtf is this

Suquida

Postby adiabatic » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:32 am

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby alby » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:22 am

man i have been in the worst stint for technology lately.

my hard drive on my laptop failed, no biggie, replaced it and put Ubuntu on it since the windows was OEM. Now I want to move from Ubuntu back to windows because Ubuntu is literally the devil, and it won't let me! I've tried for like 6 hours scouring the internet for different methods and trying them all. I think I have fucked my Ubuntu partition so bad that it doesn't even know itself anymore. idk man i'm so frosty.

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby WussWayne » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:17 am

Is netflix going global good for the middle class in developing countries in terms of creating a demand for improved fixed internet service? It's certainly much cheaper than satellite pay tv services but internet infrastructure seems like it's going to be a problem.

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby starfox64 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:45 pm

amy schumers new boyfriend was my best friend from kindergarten to third grade

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby eufemism » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:14 pm

This episode of Harvey Birdman trying to defend Scooby and Shaggy for driving high has me fucked up

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby eufemism » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:47 pm

rewatching season 1stargate atlantis

Everyone is wearing arc teryx and northface

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby twins » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:39 pm

kinda wanna start making and selling clothes/make a brand for the experience (especially cause ill be applying to colleges in a year) but kinda scared of all the hard-work and stress i would have to go through. would it be worth it?

also, are there any threads on ct about making clothes or something similar?

edit: planning to become a Software Engineering so i'm going to major in CS. Just want to have it as a side-project that i can learn from. it'd also look really good on my college applications.

sstn // fmm
twins

Postby weqe » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:25 pm

shaving your whole body (minus head) takes FOREVER how do people do this all the time

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby WussWayne » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:15 pm

Yeezy Season approaching

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby meatjacket » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:45 am

THIS SUMMER... I will be driving to either california or florida to do touristy stuff

how to decide??

meatjacket

Postby michaelmao » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:31 am

road to weight loss is hard one. striving to look like i did back in high school :')

michaelmao

Postby fun_yunchables » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:30 am

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby harmsalmon » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:09 pm

i maintain that Florida is the worst state in the union. low quality, really

harmsalmon

Postby Suquida » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:25 pm

Suquida

Postby adiabatic » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:44 pm

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby nevergreen » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:27 am

nevergreen

Postby WussWayne » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:32 pm

What are el cheapo(3.50 budget) first date ideas? I was thinking of coffee (I'll rock up early and buy my cup before she shows up)and museum or art gallery but is that too boring?

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby harmsalmon » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:25 am

RIP DAVID BOWIE wtf

harmsalmon

Postby harmsalmon » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:26 am

Fuck

harmsalmon

Postby Ques » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:55 am

ground control to major tom...

Ques

Postby Suquida » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:03 pm

My dad just got two tickets to go see Donald Trump

Looks like I'm going to see Donald Trump

Yes I can opt out but would you really opt out of seeing a live action trainwreck

Suquida

Postby xinijia » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:54 pm

I rreally didnt expect to hear raf simons namedropped when listening to kpop

*in a bubblegum rap song about converse high top fetish at 0:50
[youtube]watch?v=AULbIHbNMHo[/youtube]

Last edited by xinijia on Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
my favourite colour is bingle bangle
xinijia

Postby BIGBEE » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:11 am

BIGBEE

Postby Suquida » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:13 am

no these weren't paid for by us, I'd have the sense not to go if that were the case

I don't really see how seeing him in person constitutes supporting him in any way, he's gonna go down in history similar to how Hitler did, I'm definitely not gonna miss a chance to say I got to see this shitshow in person

Uh if I thought he was just some crazy and concerningly popular demagogue? Yeah, absolutely, if it was obviously some historically significant event. If you think even going to one of these events without supporting him in spirit or with money is ethically wrong in any way then I hope you don't watch him on tv or read a thing he says anywhere on the internet, otherwise you might get infected!

Suquida

Postby sknss » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:32 am

When you go to a political rally you show your support by simply being there yes. that's the point of the rally.
if you want to be surrounded by dangerous idiots for two hours that's your choice

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby ramseames » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:55 am

I should hope I don't need to preface myself by saying that Trump is abhorrent, but whatever, he's disgusting.

The point of attending the rally is to hear them speak. It doesn't really matter if the act of being there is supportive in some token way or not, even if 10% of the people going to see Trump speak were people who'll vote democratically no matter what (if in reality that number is > 1% I would be shocked) it wouldn't substantially change people's perceptions of his popularity.

Exposing yourself to the ideas of those whom you disagree with politically is a valuable part of being informed. This is taking that towards the extreme but the point stands, the difference between watching a video online of him talk or seeing him in person is unimportant. It's not like it's a struggle for mainstream politicians to fill the seats behind them for their photo op.

Something something Godwin's law: Trump isn't Hitler, he's not going to win the election or even get nominated (public and republican party members are a Venn diagram that doesn't just form a circle), and comparing them or suggesting that he's on the same level belittles the extent of the atrocities committed by the Nazis.

ramseames

Postby Ques » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:25 am

within all the flurry of david bowie mourning, i saw this pop up on my newsfeed:

http://www.theestablishment.co/2016/01/ ... l-assault/

"Bowie may have transformed pop culture, but his work cannot stand apart from its creator. It may feel worse to reject his music than it does to mourn his death, but no amount of talent transcends rape and sexual assault. He does not get a pass because his lyrics and persona made you feel good."

what does everyone think re: separating the work of artists from their personal actions?

Ques

Postby 106-2 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:41 pm

I've had this same conversation with multiple people regarding Bowie, and I don't really know where I stand on it. The position I guess I've previously taken is that it has to do with how recently the incident took place, and whether or not I could be seen to be sweeping their actions under the rug by listening to/watching/reading their work. Having now written this down though, I realise that this is ridiculous, and is a pretty dumb way to treat the issue (especially given that most current artists who have been found to be "problematic" in one way or another aren't/weren't making work I'm interested in anyway eg. Chris Brown or Ian Watkins of lostprophets).

I'd like to think that you can enjoy someone's work without by extension being seen to be allowing/condoning their behaviour, but at the same time I'm fully aware that if an artist is profiting from you consuming something they've made (as is the case with streaming/buying music or film etc.) that you are, almost by definition, supporting them to some degree. Because of that, I suppose that in that sense the artist and their actions outside of their work are inseparable.

Interested to see what others will say, as this has actually bothered me for a while with regards to the homophobic/misogynistic language used in a lot of 80s/90s hiphop.

106-2

Postby Suquida » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:08 pm

Musicians are people, they're not immune to shit behavior, and shit behavior more often presents itself in situations involving a lot of drugs and partying, situations musicians will find themselves in more often than your typical person. In no way am I excusing bad behavior, from just espousing bad opinions to beating your girlfriend a la Chris Brown, but you'd be *really* hard pressed to find a musician in today's day and age who is completely morally sound and with a clean slate. If you shrug off musicians who have done anything bad in their lives you're likely just going to end up listening to nursery rhymes and a whole lot of Joanna Newsom. Having a line is fine, there are a handful of artists I won't support (bands active in NSBM ideology whose lyrics reflect for example), but it'd be kinda difficult for me to judge someone for ignoring an artist's actions and focusing instead on what they create. It's very easy to be a hypocrite and not listen to one artist but enjoy others who are guilty of similar or even worse shit that you didn't care to learn about or are conveniently choosing to ignore

The phrase "don't meet your heroes" wasn't coined for nothing

Suquida

PreviousNext

Return to Care