[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - The Jiffy Share NOT care share oi polloi apc pretty green

The Jiffy Share NOT care share oi polloi apc pretty green

Off topic

Re: The Jiffy Share NOT care share oi polloi apc pretty gree

Postby Blastoise » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:15 pm

Received a nice little care share from with lots of care and cool things.

- A book - looking forward to reading this as I'm starting my design minor this semester
- Several stickers
- A bracelet - good timing, one of mine broke the other day
- A tag - will be adding this to my collection of tags
- A mixtape
- Flash drive with a documentary and a lot of music that I've never heard before
- Diamonds

Thank you!

Blastoise

Postby vgtbls » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:24 pm

is that a fucking minion usb key

vgtbls

Postby germinal » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:12 am

Opened my jiffy from the inestimable yesterday

A lovely note written 'pon an arty postcard

A flat-pack christmas tree

Pins

More pins

A zine, first published in 2004

hey girl

Stickers

A paper clip in the shape of a bicycle

And my very own veganarchist back patch

I must confess I passed a rather non-vegan festive season at my parents' house, so I can't help but feel undeserving of such wonderful gifts. That said, I'm back at my place now where it's much easier to be vegan. I'm yet to decide where to attach the back patch; I don't think the colour works with my Story jacket, but my overcoat is wool... perhaps a shirt would work.
The skull pin in particular is rad, and I love how aggro the rest are. I can't wait to make some of the recipes. And the corn sticker is unbelievably excellent. Thanks a million to vgtbls for a thoughtful and considered jiffy!

Thanks too to bela for organising this. I think the limited size format works well and has resulted in some creative and varied packages so far.

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:50 pm

I'm very sorry share-partner I had a horrid time sending your share. I took it to France with me and the local PO was closed until the day I left. It's in the post and on its way - I paid for quick shipping so it should be with you shortly.

There are no clues in this post.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby vgtbls » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:32 pm

Got my share from the incredible ! Just what I needed to cheer me up. This is amazing dude.

A "Post-Skate board", Hill-Side buttons, lil tomato friend, Momcore sassy buttons, South2West8 Pamphlet, Yukako mini print (told now it is a sticker!), Supreme sticker, "Propolis and Bee Venom" mask (SCARY SOUNDING), bottle of CDG Zagorsk and a decant of Issey Miyake Yuzu!!!!

BEST OF ALL: A personalized song!!!!!! I very seriously teared up listening to this. You hit it out of the park and you are a great friend. Thank you.

http://picosong.com/EPgg/

vgtbls

Postby mc-lunar » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:35 pm

public apology for taking so long - an item that is honestly essential to completing my jiffy share from a concept perspective has been tied up in customs for a number of weeks now. hoping it arrives soon.

mc-lunar

Postby titkitten » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:00 pm

to the one and only : i got your jiffy share!!

here is an extremely awkward video where i struggle to describe the items in the package:

i totally missed the fact that he included a unicorn bandaid in there! i sent him a box of unicorn bandaids in our last bike-themed package exchange in case he crashes ... guess he decided i needed one too (or he didn't like them very much).

here's a photo which does a much better job at explaining the items in the package:

here's a photo which documents the items in the previous package:

you are the best! really made my day amid all the studying (smiling) (smiling) (smiling)

titkitten

Postby sknss » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:14 am

I got my jiffy share from the amazing Golo aka !
he sent me:
- some lovely socks that his great grandma knitted!! they are both unique which is really cool. thank her for me
- some organic pomegranate black tea (used the bags before taking the photo, they were delicious)
- a luggage tag with some sashiko embroidery!
- a local skateboarding zine from pennsylvania made by this guy http://iankline.tumblr.com/.

thank you so much!

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby vehk » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:55 pm

hopefully i'm not giving too much away, but someone in america should be getting something within the next week or so ;) ;)

vehk

Postby bels » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:58 pm

Is it time to start the witch hunt for people who haven't posted.

There are 14 outstanding shares according to my form.

Fourteen!

bels
Yung Winona

Postby CMYK » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:49 pm

Got my Care Share today!

In included a bunch of awesome stickers, an nice handwritten note, all the UK candy a young professional could want anddddd.....

This little guy!

said that his friends would miss him, so I tried placing him in his natural environment (Palace hoodie) so he'd feel like he's home. Little bastard tried to steal my Charlie Card and knicked some of my $$$ (he was mumbling about how "boring" and "un-colourful" it was). I've placed him under house arrest, we'll have to see if his attitude improves.

CMYK

Postby maj » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:17 am

Glad you enjoyed it, his friends are glad too see he hasn't lost his taste

Mine also arrive yesterday from

Very lovely written note and recipie, ace pins and patches which are v cool and will be put to good use, a book which he vastly overestimates my cultural depth by suggesting I might have read it which looks very good, and a hat I can add to the collection

Pins and patches new home

maj

Postby exprof » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:27 pm

Continuing the yellow hat theme!
Thank you storymfg, for the wonderful tumeric dyed hat, the vintage patch, the adorable postcard and the tea! Can't wait for spring now!

exprof

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:57 pm

You're welcome - sorry no zine but if figured a hat I'd dyed work be almost the same?

I thought you'd like the patch. It's a quote from my fav poet Khalil Gibran.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby bleeker » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:46 pm

a very full package arrived today from the venerable !

Its contents were the following:
-Refresher sweets
-Galaxy chocolate
-very much tea!
-one patch reading "I'm a has been"
-Twin Peaks and Wu-Tang pins (both are very near to my heart)
-sherbet lemon drops: these are v sour :o
-two pairs of Bershka socks, to be featured in later waywts
-Ways of Seeing Book: now that my semester has come to a close, I know what I'll be reading
-a note with a drawing of one of my fits and Mr. Simons!

Last edited by bleeker on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bleeker

Postby bels » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:56 pm

Been really pleased with the shares I've seen so far. Brings a tear to my eye.

Some people have got back to me on why they've not dispatched yet and I'm OK with that, though I haven't actually passed the information on to anyone.

But what am i meant to do with the people who haven't shipped and haven't got back to me for not shipping.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby jrisk » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:54 pm

sorry this is so late but I got an awesome jiffy share from !

Got two awesome mags that live in my bathroom now and made my roommate say "wtf are these magazines??" and then he stayed in the bathroom for a good 15 minutes longer. Bucket hat which there will never be a picture of me wearing it posted on the internet. A muji notebook and then basically LEGO for adults. Super cool! There was candy, but I ate it a long time ago...

thanks! :woop:

jrisk

Postby can- » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:07 pm

wheres my damn jiff share

can-

Postby bels » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:50 pm

eurghhhhhhhhhhhhhh good question.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:24 am

ok AFAIK the people who haven't received stuff are;

CAN

mellow

Am i right? Who else?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:12 pm

OK

iliam and vehk it looks like your parcels have been lost in the post. Sorry. What do we do in this situation. Do we all get together and make you two new care shares? I feel like we do.

your care share is posted as of yesterday.

yours was returned to sender due to an error a new one should be coming (or whatever)

I messaged your boy but tbh he's been unresponsive since forever so I'm adding you to the list with iliam and vehk.

Ditto, I think?

I think yours was actually dispatched? So get back to me if it wasn't.

Yours was dispatched, with tracking, but seems to be lost, and your sharee is putting together another one (very generous,)

I was assured this was being dispatched yesterday or tomorrow

I've been asking about yours but haven't heard anything recently. will dig... deeper

Either way that's CAN, VEHK, THEPHFACTOR and ILIAM who are out in the cold.

I guess I'll have to start a tilt or whatever the fuck. I'm going to wait and see if I can get a response on PARASTEXIS first.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:33 pm

OK I'm sorry your sharee has not come through I even sent them an email. You are on the sadface list. Sadface list is

Parastexis, can, vehk, thephfactor and iliam (for now)

I am going to start a TILT to get spare money to send out shares. Bear in mind this is a jiffy share so you probably don't need to donate much. Or if you (yes you) have stuff that would be fun to send (real or digital) please msg me for details. We can get through this, we can make this right

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE TILT

>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://tilt.tc/F4YP <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I'm sad to say it but the people who didn't send anything and didn't respond when I asked them about it are:

(just messaged me and is dispatching tomorrow), and (Just messaged me and is dispatching tomorrow)

If you see them neg them but not too harshly. They are our friends and they all probably just fucked up.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:45 pm

OK:

So I think:

Your care share has been DELIVERED but left outside your door. Hurry home?

Iliam received his care share. I told him to post here but he didn't because he's "too cool"

Your share was dispatched did you receive it?

So rn the sadlist is can and

It's good that the sadlist has dropped to only two members because if we look at the TILT (link ABOVE) we can see there is $10 in there $5 of which was mine, YODER is the only one who contributed so BIG UPS TO HIM and FUCK THE REST OF YOU.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby thephfactor » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:12 am

Received my package from this evening!

Items in it are:

Inventory magazine. The first fashion magazine I've ever owned! Looking forward to flipping through this.

Donald Trump coloring book. My roommates and I will find good use for this ;)

2 Chocolate Bars! This is really exciting, I'm very broke rn and have been craving something sweet. Really a godsend!

Pocky. Whatever the heck these things are, they are goood eatin! I just ate the whole thing in like 2 minutes! Yummy!

Thank you Stingray Sam for a great care package! I really do appreciate it.

thephfactor

Postby parastexis » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:51 pm

Found my jiffy under half a foot of snow

from pips, all the way from the philippines

-a book of jeepney art
-super cute animal stickers
-a pips original pen art
-dried mangoes (confiscated by customs, I added a fresh mango as a visual substitute)
+ a lovely note

Thanks!

parastexis

Postby Iliam » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:47 pm

Got my care-share at last! from the wonderful

thank you! and thanks to for organising everything.

Iliam

Postby mellownyellow » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:30 pm

Was surprised this morning by my share from ! I wasn't expecting it to show up at work so I opened the package thinking it was some kind of work papers and was surprised by a SHOWER OF GREAT THINGS. My coworker snapped a picture of my amazement at what was happening:

The contents were so GREAT (Did you know peanut butter cups are my favorite??)
- 2 gr8 zines
- usb mix tape
- scarf by a little known and not so hyped brand that ramdom loves
- peanut butter cups EXTRA LARGE PACKAGE THIS IS IMPORTANT
- bunch of jesus pamphlets which i needed, a sticker and another
- a letter (including an expertly and artistically drawn snake which I appreciate very much)
- sharpies
- the cutest little embroidered pin that I have already put on my coat (gotta keep the belgians together)
- a patch and two stickers (and thus begins the stressful process of figuring out where these stickers should go)

Thank you so much ramdom, this was great! And thanks for figuring all of the confusion out belsie!

mellownyellow

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:58 pm

repent!

[i can't remember if i wrote about those flyers but they're too good (awful) to not share with everyone]

ramdomthought

Postby vehk » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:12 pm

my jif share has arrived and is so DOPE

first of all thanks & sorry to whoever sent my package that didn't arrive ;_; i am sure you sent me a cool share

the man has sent me some great things

a handwritten note decorated with a siik drawing + my name

some yellow wristbands which i am sure will amplify my tennis skills (very thoughtful m8)

a neat looking magazine called selvedge

a mini sewing kit :woop:

a bbq mix of nuts, i always look at these in the shop and never buy them for some reason lol, so thank you for this

some top quality green & blacks dark chocolate

the "we go to the gallery book" i've seen some pictures from this & and i'm so glad i own the actual book now lol

a zine!! featuring some lovely photos germinal took in his hometown

some CLASSIC care tags stickers & a care tags friendship bracelet

thank you very much germinal for these gifts & to bela too for everything else, & to all the homies who donated

vehk

Postby mc-lunar » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:52 pm

thank you so so much to for the sick share!! completely made my day, so relieving to find out it hadn't gone missing/stolen

sorry for the out of focus image :(

contents:
1x iron-on "frequent crier program" patch - perfectly suits me, the only challenge is deciding which jacket to put this on
2x bless postcards with origami instructions
1x bless pin!
?x gorgeous origami paper - very excited to try this!!
1x UCLA football pin. do i wear this ironically or sincerely? pls advise...
1x very nice note that i turned over to respect privacy
2x face masks!!!! never used these before but have lowkey wanted to for ages. cant wait to use!

thank you again!!! and thank you to bela for organizing everything

mc-lunar

PreviousNext

Return to Care