[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Here is ramdomthought!

Here is ramdomthought!

Off topic

Re: Here is ramdomthought!

Postby adiabatic » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:09 pm

There's got to be at least one architect out there who hates his mother-in-law that much while still feeling obligated to have a small house for her on his property.

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby starfox64 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:22 pm

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby adiabatic » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:55 pm

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby adiabatic » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:05 pm

it's the beginning of the eat-loads-and-get-fat season and I'm already up to 200 pounds

this is gonna be rough

adiabatic

Postby freddy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:28 pm

I'm like 90% certain that I will be on the way to moving into my apartment in a month or two. This will be the first time ever that I'll be living completely alone. :heck:

I'm in Boston not NYC. I do want to eventually move to NYC. If I don't get good a poker, I'll probably focus fully on highly leveraged investing/trading to afford to independently live there. Options and futures or bust. Lol to be realistic I'd prob do roommates and do bitchwork IT if I could at SiG that values poker skillz

Last edited by freddy on Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freddy

Postby freddy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:49 pm

I am not hood enough to to be a hoodrat nor am I PC enough (if I do I feel like I have to put on a facade) to be anything else. What am I?

freddy

Postby adiabatic » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:02 pm

getting rid of my spinning-rust hard drive and putting in an SSD was one of the nicest things I did for myself this year

so happy 1 TB SSDs are remotely affordable now

adiabatic

Postby swampblood » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:26 pm

Was offered an internship w/ my current U.S. Senator, if I took it I'd be out of Olympia, Wa and starting in DC by Jan 15. Quite the opportunity and it sounds like it'd be a great entry point for getting into further political work.

Although I'm kinda worried about how demoralizing DC could be for the next for years. I'd be kinda nervous leaving, Olympia and my college has on the whole been really good to me for these past 5 years but it's still a pretty small quiet town, especially now with lots of my friends clearing out post graduation this summer.

Also realized I've just passed a year on C-T, I hope to keep posting more. Y'all seem like some cools cats :heck:

swampblood

Postby adiabatic » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:37 pm

your .signature says you'll walk a mile for a camel, but would you be willing to walk a camel for a mile?

adiabatic

Postby alby » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:41 pm

aoty lists are taking the black friday trend and just happening earlier and earlier every yr

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:18 pm

so uh is anyone on care-tags going to la art book fair?

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby nevergreen » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:41 pm

MAPS has slowly but surely been pushing for medicinal MDMA and the FDA just approved clinical trials for it to be used as treatment for PTSD!!! This is so huge.

Oh wow and two studies (, ) were published today on how psilocybin can help cancer patients with chronic depression/anxiety, both using a double-blind, placebo trials. What a fuckin day for science!!

nevergreen

Postby rublev » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:11 pm

rublev
Political Editor

Postby oucho » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:46 am

oucho

Postby adiabatic » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:03 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, start your Santa hats.

adiabatic

Postby evilfriends » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:55 pm

Earlier today I hit a parked car while backing out of a driveway. Just a really stupid mistake that could've been prevented by paying more attention.

The owner of the other car is probably gonna make a meal of it and get a couple hundred bucks from his insurance to get that little scratch fixed. My car's completely fine, but my insurance will still probably fine me some amount of money, my dad says I'm gonna have to pay like 60€ which is okay but still very annoying. Additionally, my bi-yearly insurance bill will skyrocket from this if I ever decide to own a car again in the future.

I'm just really bummed about it friends. :cry: Nothing bad happened and the other guy was very understanding but I still feel like shit because it was just so stupid from me.

evilfriends

Postby wolflarsen » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:01 am

I hear you. Been in similar situations and I have the same tendencies to ruminate over it. Forgive yourself and let it go. Because the incident is over and all that remains is the paperwork, there's no sense in playing it over in your head and continuing to beat yourself up. And until the insurance stuff is settled, stay away from that rabbit hole of possible outcomes - that never ends well.

wolflarsen

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:25 pm

UnwashedMolasses

Postby rublev » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:31 pm

[youtube]iAOOO12KW60&t=25s[/youtube]

rublev
Political Editor

Postby rublev » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:38 pm

rublev
Political Editor

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:24 pm

I envy people who can keep their room clean. I wish I could have a sweet minimalist room, but the random clothes on the floor and random items strewn around are kind of comforting. Might just be lazy.

, I meant that even if I had a minimalist room I couldn't keep it clean enough to appear minimalist. There would still be clothes and shoes everywhere.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby Bonobonobo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:43 pm

My car was totalled but thankfully my Insurance is giving us basically what we payed for it, so I can pretty much just buy the same model of car again, maybe even one with less miles. To be honest the biggest thing I'll miss is the really nice vibrant red color my old car had, most cheapish cars are in some boring grey or white color.

Bonobonobo

Postby freddy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:31 pm

Winter is here and I haven't taken the ac out of my window and it ain't even stuck out my window!!

freddy

Postby starfox64 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:15 am

is this your car???

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby rublev » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:19 am

does anyone know a good website builder thing to host lots of images on one page long scroll. preferably something very simple but with reasonable control over the size / scale / placement of the images etc. i’m kinda bored of cargo and can’t find templates i like (and i’m terrible is html or whatever). i don’t mind paying something small if it works well.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby bels » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:05 pm

You guys are going to shit when and stappard reveal our new clapham based web series "the pengest brunch"

bels
Yung Winona

Postby wolflarsen » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:06 pm

Unsheathed my Tarot deck from its Hermes pocket square and loro piana bag (I know) for the first time in probably a month. Celtic cross spread.

It was easily the most accurate depiction of my life at the moment (think The Tower, Three of Swords, Seven of Swords, etc in past/fears/what's hurting me slots) and also still so encouraging about what I'm currently doing (recovery) and what the outcome is (triumph and reward baby!). Witchiness is the best.

wolflarsen

Postby rublev » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:15 pm

yeah i've seen catherine. a lot of the same faces and aesthetic etc? and dean fleischer camp. catherine seemed like banality for the sake of it (fine). kinda feels like david has the weirdness a lot of people wanted catherine to eventually have. i liked it. the baths music is fun even if the whole thing ends up feeling like twin peaks.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby sunblam » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:19 am

I have a thought/query but I'm not sure if it deserves an entire thread of it's own so maybe we can talk here.

Are there any trends that took a particularly long time for you to warm up to?
I found myself looking at turtle necks the other day and realized that two years of hatin' was probably enough. I think that there are probably some styles where there are just bad associations--turtle necks remind me of my brother when he was eight, and for years they've come across as sort of dorky to me, probably because of that. Now there's this sort of schism in my head of "wow art chic" and "hey wanna play legos" and I'm not saying that either of those are a bad thing, but they are sort of contrasting, at least.

Hello hello
I love you I love you
(maybe)
sunblam

Postby Bonobonobo » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:45 pm

There are a lot of people with fish avatars on care-tags.org

edit: you can't silence me

Bonobonobo

PreviousNext

Return to Care