[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Here is ramdomthought!

Here is ramdomthought!

Off topic

Re: ramdom thoughts

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:29 am

i finally go grab groceries last night

an hour after i put them away we lose power

i might have to throw them out

fuck you, earth

ramdomthought

Postby stappard_ » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:48 am

Now up to day ~38 of being gainfully employed with zero responsibilities, observations:

- About day 18 I discovered Kindle Cloud Reader. I have now been paid to read 8 Ian McEwan books. Not sure how I feel about him but his prose is well suited to flicking back onto meaningless excel charts when someone walks past
- Spending has increased due to 400% increase in time spent browsing clothing websites and ebay. Cop freeze has been imposed until october
- New information has uncovered at least half a dozen people on my floor in the same position. all are pretending to work. some are earning serious money to do so

I'm far past the point now where I want whatever corporate machinations that are clunking away way above me to fall into place so I can do some work again. Its essentially really boring

edit: oh also i've hurt my back because ive spent too much time sitting up in bed all day when 'working from home'

stappard_

Postby freddy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:29 am

yeah i've been avoiding rfid myself

sucks. as always if I ever use my debit card, i push transactions as 'credit' by not entering my pin or "canceling" it, so it routes through the Mastercard/Visa network, rather than alternative Mastreo/Circuss/NYCE (iirc) debiting/atm network

also bank of america last week issued me a new card that I didn't realize because I web-chat about my pending transactions not posting or my credit limit not reflecting credits/debits -- there was bit of a run-around because the csr-lady was looking at the "old account", which to my dismay, I asked, "WHAT OLD ACCOUNT?" "oh sorry, we issued you a new account/card"

I didn't realize thet new last-four digits of my account had change, which I copy-pasta verified to her at the beggining as well

they also couldn't tell me if it was actually compromised and if where -- just that they "felt" that they needed to replace as a "just in case" precautionary safety measure. Not sure if I should be irritated or grateful though

freddy

Postby rublev » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:56 am

Do you look more like your reflection or a picture of yourself?

I sometimes look totally different and it's freaking me out...

rublev
Political Editor

Postby eufemism » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:57 am

went out to the soccer field near my house for the first time in a month. ran 3 suicides and felt like i was gonna die.

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby JewTurk » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:04 pm

Oh god I got a volunteer job at a local venue that has tons of great bands come through weekly. Free concerts every week, for me at least.

I'm fucking e-c-s-t-a-t-i-c.

Only thing now is I have to change at least one weekend night on my availability at work, which might not go over too well.

JewTurk

Postby chilljin » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:04 pm

sinuses suck

Weird note about me: I was born with a half-cleft palate, the roof of my mouth is huge and barely formed and I have no cartilage in my nose, and my mouth turns up slightly. Whilst this obviously isn't that visually impairing and I am blessed as to not have been born with the full deformity, it has cursed me with an eternal pig-nose and every 6 months or so I get really badly clogged sinuses for about 2 weeks.

chilljin

Postby prawnzee » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:10 pm

prawnzee

Postby absurdmind » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:58 pm

somewhat related ive had to get my nose cauterized 3 times. afterwards i cant breathe through my nose properly for a couple weeks. i agree sinuses suck, we should all be noseless cartoon characters i think it would be better

absurdmind

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:56 pm

woo it's official

it's absolutely tragic though, lots of people displaced. Good on our public service for being as on the ball as they are, our road is fucking wrecked. Hope our recovery is quick

ramdomthought

Postby kyung » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:03 pm

i got a flat tire today

>:|

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:12 pm

i wonder if there's ever an inherent difference in how people arrange their money. my theory is that people who put their largest bills on the outside want to be noticed/ballin while people who put their smallest bills on the outside want to blend in.

i feel like there might be some correlation here

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby Syeknom » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:14 pm

My method is to stuff the notes and coins randomly crushed up into my pockets

Syeknom

Postby AmericanPie » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:31 pm

I like to keep my small bills on the outside, with all bills facing the same direction and going up in denomination going further in. I don't particularly like to flaunt money. But, generally I just cram everything in my pocket to sort later when people won't stare at me arranging my money in public.

AmericanPie

Postby zayg » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:40 pm

Those who don't put their big bills on the outside clearly lack understanding of the teachings of Cosmo Kramer.

zayg

Postby zayg » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:41 pm

I love gin and tonic.

zayg

Postby AmericanPie » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:52 pm

There was just some sort of rally or protest or something going on outside my building. Lots of yelling with megaphones and police sirens. By the time I got outside to try to see what was going on, it had all dispersed.

AmericanPie

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:36 pm

the power is back on

i made 1.5x today for working

i worked a 14hr day

fuck yes

ramdomthought

Postby YoungCanoeist » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:55 pm

i've gotten really into animal collective recently we should go to a show LOL

YoungCanoeist

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:00 pm

[/tag]p/tag]

fuck anco (yes i'd go)

are you coming to nmh tho

and why didn't you come to low u punk

ramdomthought

Postby JonjoShelvey » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:04 pm

y yr asshole so greasy romdom

JonjoShelvey

Postby YoungCanoeist » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:07 pm

you never gave me infow about the low show!

i've heard (maybe even here) that the nmh tour is a big cash grab attempt by the band and it's really sad and terrible???

YoungCanoeist

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:08 pm

[bag][/bag] yeah i hope so otherwise i'm driving across the state to hear some asshole sing about semen staining the mountain tops

ramdomthought

Postby YoungCanoeist » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:11 pm

which one are you going to?? royal oak or pontiac?

YoungCanoeist

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:15 pm

what there are two shoes

ramdomthought

Postby JewTurk » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:18 pm

I saw NMH and they were pretty good I thought. Bombay Bicycle club played at a local record store that same night before their show across the street. It was crazy downtown that night.

Anyways.

What I wanted to say was NMH was really great because he told everyone to ditch the phones and it was a pleasure to see them.

JewTurk

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:19 pm

that sucks i hpoe they suck

ramdomthought

Postby can- » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:20 pm

pen fifteen

can-

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:21 pm

=]]]]]]