[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Feelings

Feelings

Off topic

Re: feeltalk thread

Postby Stolsdos » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:44 pm

Ah man, so i ordered some of those camper together sneakers, and they came in the mail today. I was at work, so my parents opened up the box and saw i paid $130 for them. Now I'm in deep shit because of this, and my dad thinks i have some addiction to clothes now. I'm probably done with fashion for a while then, so I'm going to be away indefinitely.

Stolsdos

Postby limeliam » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:20 am

Feeling scared about my future ahhh. I thought I had it all figured out, I was supposed to be starting my apprenticeship for heating and cooling work first week of July. I had quit my part-time job and everything (quite stupidly I might add). When the time to start actually rolled around I got no call from who I thought was going to be my employer. Only after showing up at their office twice right at opening was I able to get in contact with the boss. No job until early-mid August and that's not a promise he tells me. Try looking some place else he adds as I leave. After calling everyone I know who could possibly get me a position I cant find anyone who's willing (or can) to take me on. So now after 2 weeks of sitting around feeling like a bum I've applied at my local university (University of Saskatchewan for Canadian caretagers) having to opt for undeclared Arts and Sciences because I missed the deadlines of the Agriculture program that I'm actually interested in. Fuck I'm really worried that the decisions I make are the wrong ones and I cant help but feel helpless.

(PS I would very much appreciate any help I can get figuring out how I can swing this Ag thing as I haven't a clue how to make it work)

limeliam

Postby arcticsound » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:42 pm

arcticsound

Postby Stolsdos » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:52 am

So an update on my situation, my dad told me if I was able to afford $130 shoes I should be able to afford the insurance and cell phone, etc. So he made me take out $250 and give it to him to go to savings. Now this isn't so bad, but he keeps threatening me with not being able to go to college. I'm going to UT Austin in a year(auto-admission is why I know I'm going), so every time I spend money on something for myself, he automatically says I'm not serious about college. It's not like I was planning on spending 4 grand or even 2 grand on clothes.

I was planning on spending about $900 more for the next year, now that seems like a lot in short term, but over the course of 10 months that only comes out to ~$100 a month including what I had already purchased. I got a job in may and am making about $600 a month while being rapidly promoted(asst. manager when I turn 18 in November). I also get $75 a month for keeping up with a wordpress site.

Now it seems like I'm being a spoiled kid, but I'm working for all of my money and have a relatively good idea of how much money I'm spending. Also they aren't paying for a single cent of my college education. All of the student loans will be paid for by me, and living expenses all paid for by me. Also my dad makes 10k a month(high ranking military pilot) and somehow manages to spend all of it every month even though we live in a 1700 sq. foot house with a $600 mortgage, and paying for a 30k car.

On top of all this, last year I was living with my mom, who is now a major alcoholic and will not admit, despite getting a 6-month treatment program at a clinic in California. My dad and step-mom hate her for good reason, but I'm still her son. I share some similar traits and tastes like wanting to live in a city, and liking clothes. So any indication that I'm like her seems to upset my entire family so much that they need to punish me for it.

I know I'm at least to blame for wanting to spend more money than the average kid, but at least I'm not spending it on weed or alcohol, and in truth they money could go to more worthwhile things, but nothing has caught my interest as much as fashion, considering it's been my thing since I was 13.

This is a lot of complaining in a poorly organized and badly edited manner, sorry. This was great stress relief, so thanks even though your comment wasn't directed at me. I just moved to his city and don't have any friends whom I'd feel comfortable sharing this with them. I also get the benefit of a much broader audience on here than those of my super conservative, Texas town.

Again, sorry for the all of the complaining, but this is kind of stressful and it needs to get off my chest. I wish I could explain this better because there are a lot of holes, but I'm an unforgivably horrible writer.
Thanks again for reading, advice would obviously be very much appreciated.

Stolsdos

Postby RomanEmpire » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:33 am

Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? I'm in Round Rock and will probably also go to UT Austin, still have my senior year coming up though, sounds like you do too though.

It seems like you're in a pretty stressful spot and seem to have a lot of your money matters in check. Kinda sucks that your dad is being so critical but it makes some sense, he's worried that you don't understand how to manage your money. Have you tried explaining to him your budgeting and how you still have money left over to buy stuff for yourself while taking care of your other priorities?

RomanEmpire

Postby arcticsound » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:53 pm

arcticsound

Postby silvaeri » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:32 pm

Two things to post:

First, update to tinder girl, we never met up, she just never messaged me back after trying to set up a rescheduled date, whatever I understand. Just thought it was funny.

Second,
This weekend has been a fucking rollercoaster of emotion and activity and I'm so glad it's sunday and I can relax.

Long story short, my roommate got arrested for assault late friday night and none of us knew about it until he got bailed out of jail at 9pm yesterday (saturday) so he was missing all day and none of us knew where he was or how to find him and his girlfriend was freaking out and all sorts of emotion.

And the worst part isn't that he got arrested and went to jail, like honestly I think that it's a very good thing that he did. Because he's been having a problem with getting blackout drunk for the couple months and every weekend disappearing with his phone off and no one knowing where he is until he stumbles into our house around noon every saturday/sunday. He's been passing out on porches, apparently one weekend he got kidnapped and driven about 20 minutes north of the city and dropped off in a trainyard, passsed out in the stairwell of his girlfriend's apartment building. She's been telling us that there are times we (the roommates) don't even know about her being called to pick him up from random places.

He's some how able to maintain composure while being blackout drunk and it's incredibly hard to tell how drunk he is.

He also get's very aggressive and provocative when he's drunk and tries to pick fights with anyone and everyone and just hurls insults at anyone. Which is apparently why his cab driver called the cops on him and he was arrested friday night.

Anyways, I'm really fucking sick of having to worry about if he's dead somewhere every weekend and making his girlfriend worry all the time. It really shouldn't be our friend group's responsibility to keep track of him and find him every weekend.

I'm at my end of what to do with him. I'm hoping this jail incident will wake him up, otherwise I'm afraid we'll have to do some sort of intervention deal, which I'm afraid won't have any affect on him.

So fucking done with that.

Anyways, rest of the weekend was fucking awesome. Went out with my best friend since it's his last weekend in our city before he moves. Then yesterday I initiated new members into the professional design fraternity i'm involved in and got drunk will a bunch of my brothers at a house in a swanky suburb of minneapolis. So that was awesome but all throughout that Saturday we were having to correspond with people back in Minneapolis trying to find my roommate (since he's a part of this fraternity as well and was supposed be at initiation with us).

Anyways I'm fucking spent right now. Thanks for reading.

TL;DR - Roommate is an alcoholic, got arrested for assault.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby sparkyoriental » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:06 pm

About a week ago my ex (who I dated two years ago) texts me, says his girlfriend of the past year broke up with him, do you want to hang out, etc. etc. We hang out, I end up having a lot of fun, sex happens. We've been hooking up on and off for the past two years (including during the time he had a girlfriend :/ D: I feel awful about this). I love seeing this guy, and I always have a great time whenever we see each other. I thought I essentially just wanted to be good friends with him albeit with other occasional benefits.

BUT, I'm afraid I'm getting attached. Whenever we've seen each other post his breakup it's been very intimate and "couple-y." I want to text him all the time, etc.

tl;dr I'm an asshole. The guy who I helped cheat on his girlfriend for over a year is now single and we've been hanging out. Terrible, terrible idea.

sparkyoriental

Postby Bryan » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:50 pm

Loooooooong rant about relationships ahead pls curb ur dog

Man these past 2 weeks have been tough for me. My "girlfriend" flew here from Florida on the 14th, at the time we had been dating for about 1.5 months or something like that. We were both very happy before she flew here, we talked about how we were gonna spend everyday with each other and lay down in the grass of central park. I was supposed to pick her up from the airport but her roommate picked her up. The next couple days were pretty shitty, she was making plans with her friend instead of me, I saw her briefly for 30 minutes then she had to leave because her friend was expecting her, then for maybe an hour on another day, but she made plans with another friend while she was with me. It seemed like all her plans revolved around her friend(s) instead of me. She never told me her plans, she barely even talked to me so I was worried about her pretty much all day (she didn't know her way around the subway and has bad anxiety), every single fucking time we made plans to see each other there was always an excuse, always. When I tried confronting her about our "relationship" she tells me "I have my own shit going on, I don't need more stress" and just doesn't text me for 2 days. At this point i'm just thinking she used me for affection and $ (I gave her like $50 for her plane ticket lolll), and i realized that the past week i've just been holding on to all the promises she made to me, all the ideas and plans we had in hopes of them coming true eventually. Instead of maturely talking about "us" she just ignored me. This is pretty recent like, within the past 2 days or so and right now I just don't really give a fuck anymore. She isn't texting/calling me back so i'm assuming it's over. But overall I still feel pretty fucking shitty. To think that she manipulated me and used me is shitty, But i feel like i'm over her/this whole thing aside from the occasional thoughts that pop up in my head. I've just been playing 2 chainz and Drake these past few days to lift my mood. I'm gonna go to soho tomorrow to maybe buy some shoes to help with my mood. Pretty sure I missed out a few details though but these past 2 weeks or so have been the big hubba bubba in our thingy so it only makes sense for me to recount those days. This was my first "serious relationship" too so yeah. I guess the silver lining is i can finally say i've been in a relationship???

TL;DR: girlz stink

Apologies for the long rant s/o to 2 chainz & Drake ily

wya
Bryan

Postby arcticsound » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:36 pm

it's not as exciting as it sounds. Like, four girls I had been talking to earlier showed up around the same time and I just kind of hid behind the DJ booth until the one I actually wanted to see wandered over, then I just talked to her until all the others got the hint and left.

I'm not a good person.

arcticsound

Postby BobbyZamora » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:13 am

dlt

Last edited by BobbyZamora on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
B)
BobbyZamora

Postby arcticsound » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:25 pm

Moving in like two days and my would-be roommate is still MIA, but I found a place to stay for Wednesday night at least so idk I guess it's looking up. Still very worried about my friend though :(

arcticsound

Postby arcticsound » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:43 pm

I mean it's way more than just not being able to get a hold of her, last I heard (friday) she's in the hospital, no visitors, and her parents have only talked to like one person. Left them a message a few days ago and they haven't gotten in touch yet.

arcticsound

Postby silvaeri » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:18 pm

So my roommate who got arrested is Mexican (born in Mexico) and now apparently as a result of him getting arrested there's a potential for him get deported or some shit so now he has to go talk to an immigration lawyer tomorrow and holy fuck this is all getting way to out of hand and crazy.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby JonjoShelvey » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:05 am

my moms is a recovering alcoholic of 20 yrs and she told me she almost relapsed today. apparently she started feelin real down in the afternoon and just sat in a wallgreens parking lot considering buying some little bottles. i dont know how to deal w/ this. it's evident she hates her life most of the time and i'm really scared. i don't know how to help her

JonjoShelvey

Postby BobbyZamora » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:08 am

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby popcorn » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:33 am

popcorn

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:55 pm

I just realized I've been the rebound guy this last month in my hometown. I've had a couple of dates with girls I used to drool over when I was chubby and shit, and now I thought I was the shit. Turns out I'm just the guy they've been using since the broke up with their boyfriend. Sure it's nice to be with the girls I used to like and shit, but I still feel sad, kinda hoping they actually liked me instead of just "using me". Maybe I'm just not seeing it from the right perspective?

@okayfruit: Yeah I know that just because they broke up with somebody doesn't mean that they don't like me. But still not liking me more than a hook up and a few chats after that.

Last edited by Prince of Scandinavia on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prince of Scandinavia

Postby Stingray Sam » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:25 pm

Stingray Sam

Postby lostie » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:47 am

Last edited by lostie on Sun May 05, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lostie

Postby okayfruit » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:21 am

I don't think hook ups always mean that they want to use you, or you aren't good enough for them. There's a lot of reasons at play, and perhaps you want this to work out with those girls more than it actually should, since you mentioned that they're the girls you liked in high school. You might be overlooking the fact that you don't mesh that well personally with those girls, even if there is a mutual physical attraction, hence why stuff with them isn't really getting anywhere. They clearly "like" you enough to hook up with you. If they didn't find you significantly more attractive than you used to be, they wouldn't really sleep with you, would they? I mean it might be the case if just one girl did it once, but it's happened with several girls, so it's not on you. It might be helpful to focus first on finding someone that you seriously get along with, instead of trying to focus on making up for your high school career.

okayfruit

Postby sidewalk » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:35 am

polo

Last edited by sidewalk on Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sidewalk

Postby Stingray Sam » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:08 am

It's not about the argument and who is right or wrong. Who really cares that much, if i'm going to have a discussion with people on the internet about stuff i care about i want it to be constructive not combative. Plus i just feel like that it is going against the spirit of care-tags to act negatively towards other members. I really don't want to get into a heated discussion or cause any bad blood. Admittedly i could've had more tact in my rep comment, however the rudeness was not entirely unwarranted imo. And what do negs or ben repping you have anything to do with this? I personally would rather not discuss my comments or beliefs regarding suicide since it seems as though they only cause people to get heated, and it's really beside the point.

Stingray Sam

Postby SisterRayVU » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:19 am

I matched a girl on tinder who is really cool and it would have been fun to hang out with her during the summer and have a brief fling thing going on but I leave NYC in less than a week and we might only hang out one evening/night which could be fun but could also be sort of shitty but actually it's not as bad as I thought it would be which maybe means I'm getting older because I know that if I was myself in college with the same situation I would be pretty broken up about it whereas right now it's sort of a bummer but mostly just meh because I figure there will always be cool people cropping up to date and have sex with and hang out with and send stupid texts to and talk about music with and feel happy about

SisterRayVU

Postby bels » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:42 am

Get a bit further older and you might start feeling the opposite.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby SisterRayVU » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:50 am

why you gotta do me like that pops

SisterRayVU

Postby bels » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:54 am

snog them if you got them

bels
Yung Winona

Postby SisterRayVU » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:55 am

that's the plan mon frere

SisterRayVU

Postby ramseames » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:54 pm

anyone else handle caffeine really poorly?

i drink like 3-5 cups/day when im at work but then i get home on turnaround and have a good nights sleep and like a single cup has me jittery. don't have this problem as much with like coke say but something about coffee just gets me mad wired.

ramseames

Postby SisterRayVU » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:21 pm

SisterRayVU

PreviousNext

Return to Care