[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Here is ramdomthought!

Here is ramdomthought!

Off topic

Re: ramdom jorts

Postby freddy » Thu May 14, 2015 8:35 am

auditioned for an Asian male casting call yesterday morning idk what to make of it. The guy asked us to make a joke and do a "Pop and lock" dance 'n front of Ethan the cool guy at the office with other coworkers surrounding us at the water bubbler'

But really...a pop and lock?

At least it will be an interesting conversation starter for the next few days lol

(btw fuck Ethan, I'm cooler than the "cool" guy)

freddy

Postby bobo77 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:13 am

This MFA thread is fucking toxic:
http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvi ... body_type/
I recently deleted my reddit account and I'm really glad I did. I don't know how exactly I feel about the stereotypical "tumblr" culture" (some of it's maybe a bit overboard, but it's the internet and it's better than 4chan or most of Reddit. If I had a kid, I'd rather they be involved in tumblr than 4chan or reactionary subredits on Reddit), but as a politically left person, the arbitrary attacks those users receive from the largely cishet white male population of sites like Reddit just makes me sympathize with them more. Just the idea that there'd be all this gross backlash to a rule that basically says "don't be a dick about someone's appearance" is really disappointing.

bobo77

Postby bobo77 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:26 am

I think it also says something about the nature of MFA in general. "Male Fashion Advice" is actually a very specific suggestion. I think some of the more interesting fashion choices can play with things like gender presentation and ideas of objectively "good looking" clothing. Within the framework of "Male Fashion Advice", beyond the clear "beginner" nature of the subreddit (which maybe means I'm expecting too much of the community) there's an adherence to traditional gender norms and "essentials" or "basics" that I think pushes users towards the much-described "uniform" (whatever mixture of ocbds, dark rinse or raw denim, chinos, cbds, white plimsolls, etc. seems to be trending). As someone who got a lot of their beginning push towards being interested in clothes from places like MFA and /fa/, where there is a big emphasis on "guides" and "sidebar advice", which has really affected my split-second judgement of clothing as "good" or "bad" while shopping or browsing the internet, the engrained uniform ideal could also push the user towards an ideal vision of a "fashionable" body type. Now obviously self improvement in terms of fitness should be seen as generally positive (I know I need to do work on that for myself), but do we want users developing a defeating unhealthy self-image based on negative anonymous internet comments and guide ideals? I don't think so.

bobo77

Postby JonjoShelvey » Thu May 14, 2015 9:29 am

language is fatal but who cares

JonjoShelvey

Postby sparkyoriental » Thu May 14, 2015 9:18 pm

guys, in the past month I've discovered heels for the first time! i found some that i can actually walk in and omg i feel so powerful

sparkyoriental

Postby Bryan » Fri May 15, 2015 2:40 am

WHEN YOU NAiL THE iNTERViEW AT ANTHROPOLOGiE BUT YOU AiNT GET SHiT CAUSE THE SYSTEM IS SYSTEMATiCALLY RiGGED AGAiNST YOU CAUSE YOU GOT TOO MUCH SWAG

also i finally visited Saks 5th Ave with the misses and it's was literally the most disappointing thing in the world

wya
Bryan

Postby deadkitty » Sat May 16, 2015 12:29 am

i miss new zealand

deadkitty

Postby Cowboy » Sat May 16, 2015 7:27 pm

Sitting here at a grad party for someone I barely know, watching two kids play wii bowling.

This place is like the embodiment of awkward party. It's just impossible.

Feel like I should tell random factoids to fill the air so it doesn't suffocate everyone.

"Did you know Rick Owen's used real world women step teams in a show? Oh, well... He did"

My mom said it would be good. Thanks mom.

Cowboy

Postby zayg » Sun May 17, 2015 1:35 pm

one day back in nh and i'm bored out of my mind

zayg

Postby Mippipopolous » Mon May 18, 2015 12:59 am

A girl from my old high school just accepted a friend request I sent... FROM OVER 5 YEARS AGO! Fucking lol, I'm dead.

I honestly couldn't even remember the name at all, but when I saw the mutual friends and her picture it jogged my memory, and one of my friends remembered the class we had. Thought, well, clearly I must've just accidentally hit send on a request recently? Nope. Checked the activity log, no request sent any time recently. So it must've been a request I sent in high school... As of the end of the semester last week, I'm a senior in college. Can't stop laughing, how does that even happen??? hahaha

Mippipopolous

Postby dull » Mon May 18, 2015 3:18 pm

i stayed home sick from school just so i would have an excuse to not go to work

dull

Postby Cowboy » Mon May 18, 2015 3:47 pm

My own Facebook story I've lost shame for, tell it to people if I find the chance

3-4 years ago all middle school social contact was through Facebook, the whole "more friends, more popular" thing that used to exist there when it was still actually used by American youth. Just gonna slip that there.

Anyhow, Facebook messenging was the wang bang, and this was before all the dope ass updates it has now. So everyone is talking through messenger, relationships being built there and falling apart a month or two later as middle school relationships are wont to do, and as these spikes happen for all the people in my grade little me was sitting there loveless, and that kind of sucked to me at the time because I went through middle school not experiencing true love and devotion like all the other kids could. This ended near the end of 8th grade when kids matured that tad bit, and Facebook died around that time for us

So flash forward from that, this is probably near the end of not the summer after freshman year. I'm sitting at home doing whatever I did at the time to keep myself busy and decide to open up my dusty old Facebook account. I spend like 5 minutes scrolling through my feed because that was the extent it was updated in a year (seriously, died so fast) and pull up messenger.

Apparently there is an "other" option for Facebook messenging that I missed, and upon clicking it I find a little menu with three messages from three señoritas that all said "hey (smiley)" like the same thing, all three.

I was like whoa man can't believe I missed these, they were all titled like from 1 1/2-2 years ago so I missed these when they were in their glory days.

I DECIDE TO MESSEGE THEM ALL BACK WITH MY PEA BRAIN

"hey hahaha! Missed ur message! What's up (smiley)"

All three.

So cringing like I do at that now, I realize how lucky I was at that time. Facebook died to the point where two of them deleted their accounts or something because I never got a read receipt or a message back so phew, could've been worse

The thing is I did get a message back from one, and it's been a bit and these are deleted but I'm pretty sure the convo went

"omg wtf is u creepin on the past for"

"No I just totes missed ur message, can't believe I lost my chance, wanted another!"

"No ur gross"

"But you used to like me?"

"No it was a dare from my friends u were still gross then"

"Ok haha have a nice day!"

Yeah. Wasn't pretty! But very funny looking back.

good catch, fixed that.

Cowboy

Postby eufemism » Mon May 18, 2015 9:04 pm

the girl at the gym and her boss convinced me to sign up for 60 dollars instead of just picking up the free pass my friend had set up for me

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby bobo77 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:14 pm

the Zappos product videos are really sad

bobo77

Postby sidewalk » Tue May 19, 2015 3:52 pm

can anyone who got photoshop do something for me real quick, it shouldnt be hard? id really appreciate it. PM me

sidewalk

Postby silvaeri » Wed May 20, 2015 12:57 pm

Got offered an internship position at bswing, where I had previously interviewed a few weeks ago. This has been one of my dream internship for like a year now. So hyped!

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby ramdomthought » Thu May 21, 2015 9:52 am

raise was supposed to be effective this week

still isn't on my paycheck

fuck doing any work

ramdomthought

Postby can- » Fri May 22, 2015 10:53 pm

dear socks i do not fuck with you

can-

Postby ramdomthought » Fri May 22, 2015 11:54 pm

signed, someone with stinky feet

ramdomthought

Postby stappard_ » Sat May 23, 2015 4:58 am

if ronald mcdonald was a wrestler his finishing move would be the filet-o-fists

stappard_

Postby meatjacket » Sat May 23, 2015 4:07 pm

fuck i broke my laptop and i hate using my stupid phone to do nything so unfortunately will have to take a hiatus :(

WHEN RAFS COLLIDE

meatjacket

Postby harmsalmon » Sun May 24, 2015 12:17 am

dam had no idea you make bank for graduating HS

harmsalmon

Postby yourdad » Sun May 24, 2015 2:05 am

i finally got netflix. goodbye friends

yourdad

Postby chilljin » Sun May 24, 2015 4:39 am

i wish i could stay 2 pint of beer drunk forever

chilljin

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun May 24, 2015 6:06 am

People keep telling me I'm too chilled out but I'm far too chilled out to take it as anything but a compliment.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby dull » Sun May 24, 2015 12:43 pm

I was really drunk and i pissed myself in my sleep. my phone was in my pocket. it no longer works. please help me

dull

Postby dzogchen » Mon May 25, 2015 6:00 am

locked myself out of my Steam account with the help of a friend and now downloading civ 5 from warez-bb anyway lol

dzogchen

Postby Ques » Mon May 25, 2015 2:09 pm

walking confidently into a restaurant ready to put your two years of classroom French to practice when you suddenly realize that you have no idea how to actually order the food and then he understands literally nothing that you're saying and then you both just switch over to English #shame

Ques

Postby sparkyoriental » Mon May 25, 2015 8:57 pm

how does one make friends after graduating college? everyone i know has moved away :( now my only friends are through my bf and I obviously want to make friends of my own.

sparkyoriental

Postby yoyobeat » Mon May 25, 2015 9:40 pm

yoyobeat

PreviousNext

Return to Care