[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - CARE SHARE 2020

CARE SHARE 2020

Off topic

Re: Sharing is Caring // The Care Share

Postby ramseames » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:33 pm

Round four yo

ramseames

Postby bels » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:56 pm

surely should just do it nearer to DEC? I'm down tho (but not down to organise)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ramseames » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:06 pm

I like now, school isn't that busy yet, it doesn't add one more gift to the list of things you need to figure out for xmas.

If people want to wait that's cool though

I'm down to organize unlesd someone else is eager to.

Do we have a list of people who have been bad care sharers from the past few (and do we let them participate?)

ramseames

Postby bels » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:10 pm

If you organise it people will come.

I vote no on letting Bad Sharers participate. They had their chance.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby meatjacket » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:12 pm

Last one was around nov 10th? I dont wanna wait that long so im down for an early(er) share

re:bad sharers

People who got a gift but did not post pics or were late to send are not "bad", but it will be heavily frowned upon

People who got a gift but did not send one are "bad" unless they had a good (good) reason.

I don't think we should necessarily exclude anyone. Maybe warn the person who recieved them? (either is fine tbh0

meatjacket

Postby ramseames » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:20 pm

By bad sharers I mean people who missed the ship by date by weeks with no legitimate reason

I'm anti giving them a chance tbh, it's different from scamming someone in a transaction but at the same time its kinda not. If you got paid for something and didn't ship or notify the buyer about why we would have zero sympathy

Not posting a pic is just frowned upon.

I'll post a google survey tonight. Can the ppl who did the last ones pm me the names of anyone who qualifies as a bad care friend?

ramseames

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:35 pm

what's with all the hate for bad sharers, we should be friendly and accepting and not so critical

imo the most sensible idea is that you are willingly participating and you have a decision if the risk is worth it or not. i don't think it's fair to exclude someone on the basis of ONE care share (if it's a recurring event then maybe there's something more to it)

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby ramseames » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:48 pm

its really, really easy not to be a bad sharer though

if you have a reason for not being able to ship you just need to pm the organizer with why you can't/some idea of when you'll be able to and everything is fine

requires only a modicum of effort

shouldn't need to be any talk of risk of participation, there's no point in doing this if we're lacking that ability to trust ppl

ramseames

Postby brlmski » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:53 pm

seriously not hard to shoot someone a message saying you'll be late because X.
vote no to anyone who had to be pestered to ship or didn't ship.

brlmski

Postby rjbman » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:35 pm

Think if you start it now w/ a join limit of Oct 1, then give people like a month and a half or so to get the care-share? Mid Nov ship date?

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby ramseames » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:44 pm

2 weeks to sign up, then 4 weeks to send once PMs go out?

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:08 pm

k we're live

you have 15 days to sign up, so that means by midnight PST on thursday sept 24th everyone who wants to join needs to be in

(if the above form looks fucked or is missing info let me know and i'll redo it)

EDIT: as per the last share, in order to participate you need to have been a member for 2 months and have 40 rep. I'm going to add a 20 post minimum this time as well.

ramseames

Postby brlmski » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:57 pm

Will sign up the second i know where i'm living on the ship eta.

brlmski

Postby meatjacket » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:06 pm

Is $30 a safe bet for int. shipping? Or does it depend on package weight ?

meatjacket

Postby ramseames » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:11 pm

entirely dependent on package weight/what country

if you're not sure try a couple sizes/weights on the USPS quote calculator out to see

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:53 pm

u guys didnt include your names in your shipping addresses, pm me them

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:48 am

if you can ship stuff internationally/receive packages, ya

ramseames

Postby bels » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:15 am

Once this mainline care share has wound down I'm might launch a diffusion care share at a more accessible price point for people in distant countries/at school/etc.

Something like a hard limit where everything you send has to fit in an A5 jiffy bag? I will wait until this mainline share is over though.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ramseames » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:33 am

Bela u can't sell Ur cheap dilutuonal cash grab care share in the same thread as the mainline, you'll detract from the brand value

Open your own thread with less attractive merchandising in a poorer part of town, but once customers are inside make no attempt to inform them that there's a difference between the diffusion share and the main one

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:09 am

1 week left yo till the deadline

At 26 people right now which is like 60%of how many people the last one had

Don't miss out!

ramseames

Postby bels » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:11 am

Everyone's waiting for the Jiffy Share. Heard its taking care share "back to its roots" and will "be sick"

But there's no need to boycott mainline care share guys! You can do jiffy share AND mainline! Double the care! Double the share!

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ramseames » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:54 pm

3 more days to join

ramseames

Postby meatjacket » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:02 am

join!!! 24 hours keft

meatjacket

Postby twins » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:16 pm

sounds like a fun time will definitely do next year

sstn // fmm
twins

Postby ramseames » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:00 pm

5 hours left yo

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:57 am

K it's closed.

Give me a few days to organize who's got who and send everyone pms

Deadline for shipping will be 28 days after that happens

ramseames

Postby KLF » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:03 am

fuck i was sick and forgot to sign up last night can i please get in :( i really enjoyed it last time :(((((

KLF

Postby ramseames » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:26 pm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

here is a public spreadsheet with names/dates/stuff

gonna be random about updating this to prevent people from determining who sent them stuff before they actually have the package

I have the order sorted out, made sure everyone who doesn't want to ship international isn't and that alumni are sharing with/receiving from completely new people

PMs are going out ASAP

The shipping deadline is October 24th 2015 at midnight PST. that's 28 days from tomorrow, gave u guys an extra one.

if you can't do it by that day for whatever reason please contact me as soon as you know that you won't be able to

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:20 pm

PMs have been sent

if you didn't get one somehow or there's some other issue let me know

(smiling)

ramseames

Postby sknss » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:26 pm

Now's the time to start posting about your favourite sweets

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant