[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Travel

Travel

Off topic

Re: Travel

Postby australia » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:27 pm

australia

Postby meatjacket » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:06 am

Just got back from a hike/camp in Enchanted Rock and Jacob's Well. Did not take very many good pics but i will post what i can soon.

meatjacket

Postby frogosaurus » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:16 pm

trip to italy is rapidly approaching. praying it'll be cool enough to debut the casual suit but i know in my heart it'll be hotter than hell.

frogosaurus

Postby Ques » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:19 pm

i spent 30 days wandering around the Netherlands, Belgium, France and England mostly by myself, but also got to see some really cool care-taggers! here's some of my favorite photos that i took

Ques

Postby g2x222 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:28 pm

g2x222

Postby mu_ » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:09 pm

my CEO of the small company I work at is kind of mandating some sort of extended vacation this summer

the thought of flying doesn't appeal, I thought maybe I'd bike to Portland (700ish miles from SF) and then take the train back. This might be a terrible idea.

today, more than any other day, I am excited to feel the milk of human kindness
mu_

Postby Syeknom » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:26 am

Syeknom

Postby sknss » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:09 am

I highly recommend reading ' blog about his adventures in China

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby lyysander » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:06 pm

Went to Prague for a few days this summer, and have never been so impressed with a city's architecture, food, and beer. Really beautiful and amazing place.

lyysander

Postby Ques » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:05 am

Ques

Postby dull » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:09 pm

Currently in jamaica, im at a very touresty resort (which is probably a good thing) but the food is really good and i can browse care-tags while having my feet in the sand

dull

Postby silvaeri » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:30 am

Who's over in Portland? I'll be coming in November to race bikes and drink beer and would love to meetup with any of you people if you're around.

Unrelated: Anyone been to Russia, was doing some research today and I kind of really want to travel and visit there.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby australia2 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:06 pm

I went to Malaysia and Vietnam for a few weeks a short time ago, if any one has any questions or wants some recommendations.

australia2

Postby Ques » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:30 am

SUZHOU

click through for high res

Ques

Postby khayandhi » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:38 pm

I'm in Vancouver. Tell me about it, care-tags

khayandhi

Postby ramseames » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:54 pm

Assuming you mean real vancouver and not suburb-of-Portland-fauxcouver, what do you want to know?

ramseames

Postby khayandhi » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:21 am

yep, real vancouver. basically I've no clue about the place because I'm here for a couple days for a conference and don't know how much to trust, like, wikitravel. where's cool for food/shops/sights/whatever? if I want to wander randomly around in no fixed direction, where should I do that?

khayandhi

Postby ramseames » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:53 pm

ramseames

Postby khayandhi » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:42 am

thanks, this is awesome! walked around gastown and shopped a bit and it was cool, went out to kin kao for a meal too. glad I got to do anything interesting at all here that wasn't just sitting around listening to talks

khayandhi

Postby stuki » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:40 am

yo what would you do in Tokyo/Japan for a week if you were going there next January? Totaylly hypothetical ofc

stuki

Postby Syeknom » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:36 pm

Berlin is completely rad. Such a chill (and bitterly chilly) city.

Veggie/vegan food paradise - completely spoiled for choice. Soooo many rad shops (both tiny and boutique) and markets. Berghain was insane, one of the best clubbing experiences of my life (in spite of a three hour queue in the freezing night with no idea whether we'd get in or not - luckily we are, as it turns out, cool as fuck).

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Syeknom

Postby mellownyellow » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:57 pm

Tagging on to 's post with some Berlin graffiti/street art pictures (a couple taken at the wall). The entire city is covered in this kind of stuff, and just strolling about is a very satisfying experience. Would love to return to explore more of it.

mellownyellow

Postby trasparenti » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:57 pm

I'm moving to Osaka in three weeks. Life happens faster than you think. Does anyone live out there? I have two friends that live in Japan, though one of them seems to have vanished altogether.

I might start a little blog to document my time over there but I'll also be adding to my Japanese thread here, time constraints aside. So besides Facebook and blogging, Care-tags is gonna be one of the main ways I stay in contact with folks!

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby alby » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:31 am

Going to Indianapolis this weekend for a conference but should have some free time in order to roam a little bit. Is there any must sees in Indy? Never been there. Also, any decent coffee places I should check out?

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby khayandhi » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:05 am

I want to go somewhere. Where should I go? (Requirements: within a cheap flight's distance of Manchester, not a small town, stuff 2 do) This is the only semester I'm not teaching in for A While which means I don't have to be here all the time so I feel like I should take advantage of this now~

khayandhi

Postby sid3000 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:30 pm

Wanted to get some recs on a trip for last two weeks of December; not planning on spending the holidays at home this year. Only requirement is somewhere that will be less cold and snow than Chicago, preferably sunnier. I'm not really sure where to go because travel-wise it's the off-season for everywhere besides like, the Caribbean.

sid3000

Postby Ques » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:55 am

my school is making me choose flights to leave china now, even though my program ends in early june, so i'm being forced to decide now if i want to travel around east/southeast asia afterwards. is june a good time of year to go to thailand/japan/south korea/vietnam? should i boycott traveling to thailand until democracy is restored? is that a stupid question? also does not knowing any of the languages spoken in those places make it difficult to travel? i know that traveling in china without speaking chinese would be near impossible for instance.

Ques

Postby sparkyoriental » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:25 pm

I'm going to Miami for 5 days after Thanksgiving. Any suggestions on food/events/attractions/bars/lodging, etc.?

Also going to the Bahamas for 5 days during Christmas...any recommendations?

sparkyoriental

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:12 pm

Where in Miami are you going? It's going to depend heavily on the area you're in.

Pollo Tropical is decent for cuban-style fast food but there's much better places if you can search. I can recommend Versailles for a little more authenticity. Lots of places have great chocolate shakes if you're into that.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:35 pm

down to hang out with y'all if you're around
also reccs are nice too! coffee, galleries, shops, etc etc

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

PreviousNext

Return to Care