[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Travel

Travel

Off topic

Re: Travel

Postby Suquida » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:19 pm

Suquida

Postby trasparenti » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:53 pm

Regarding Miami, a few of my friends who live there tell me you can buy Engineered Garments and the like there, but I don't know what the store is called.

After a 26~ hour flight, I made it to Nagoya.

Cool mountains over China

Beijing

Apartment

Balcony view

My lil Tumblr is http://travels-in-constants.tumblr.com/ I'm just gonna post about life in Japan. Right now I've got tons of errands so no updates for a bit

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby JewTurk » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:54 pm

Anyone been to Alicante? Spain in general?

JewTurk

Postby jjetpants » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:00 pm

I'm traveling to Chiang Mai, Thailand from December 26-January 3 with 4 buddies. Any tips? What should/n't we do while we're visiting?

jjetpants

Postby odradek » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:48 pm

mae sa elephant camp, night market (once, it's corny, but you should see it), any day market, wat prathat on doi suthep, any of the wats in the old city, walk around the old city walls, go see a muay thai fight if you can (any venue besides the night market, those fights are for show), check in at one of the hostels to see if they have eco trek that'll match your schedule, maybe hit up chiang rai if you have time.

odradek

Postby JewTurk » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:09 pm

Hoo boy. Looking at WWOOFing in Norway this summer. Might only be 4 weeks or 2 weeks but I'm getting excited.

JewTurk

Postby JtotheWhat » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:16 am

Spending Christmas (Dec 20-Jan1) in Paris and Antwerp for my honeymoon. It's the first time for both of us, would love any tips you have for places to shop and places to eat or drink coffee/enjoy a book that don't break the bank. Would love to know of some archive or consignment shops as there are a couple older pieces I would love to track down.. Also if anyone would like to meet up for a drink (actually we're boring and mostly drink coffee) or meal I'm sure that we would be open!

JtotheWhat

Postby harmsalmon » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:07 am

hmu w your tips for super-frugal international travel please c-t!! particularly E. Asia and W Europe. the travel itself, ideal times of year, lodging,....... anything!

harmsalmon

Postby bird.in.flight » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:46 am

anyone have much experience with travelling around west africa?
interested mostly in the logistics of transportation and shelter, how was your experience?

bird.in.flight

Postby Ques » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:04 am

i just reread my visa and it turns out I can go to Hong Kong after all -- woo! -- so I'll be visiting sometime between the 5th and 15th of december most likely. if anyone lives there and wants to hang out drop me a PM! if anyone has any recommendations for people watching perches or nice parks i would also appreciate it

Ques

Postby dbcooper » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:56 am

Last edited by dbcooper on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbcooper

Postby dbcooper » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:57 am

Last edited by dbcooper on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbcooper

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:22 pm

I think I'm going to be in NY for a few days in Jan - quick meetup?

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby zigfip » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:35 pm

Best stores (clothing or otherwise) to hit up in Tokyo?

zigfip

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:22 pm

Okay I am coming to NY for a few days - 25-28th (ish not sure when I'm leaving). At a show for most days but if anyone wants to meet I can poss tag on an extra day.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby uames » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:10 pm

uames

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:00 am

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby uames » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:29 pm

Thanks for that!

You mention skate spots, which I am keen to learn more about. I am of the New York City "all i need is a flat basketball court with some ledges" school of skateboarding and would like to find a spot I can enjoy similarly in LA. I've skated the venice park which is fun, but also a kooky nightmare demolition pit. Should I be trying to hit schoolyards? Is Halifax high cool? This is information that seems difficult to gather without personal references.

uames

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:57 pm

oh fuck yeah dude

uhm as far as ledges go, chinatown ledge is cool
lockwood elementary has this nice bank to a round bar
los angeles high has some nice banks
triple set near the broad, across the street ish
youd probably like ktown plaza (jkwon), its just flat, lots of waxed ledges, and a 8 stair. has a nice tranny ish bit to it to
stoner skatepark is a local favorite
la courthouse has some nice marble ledges
theres some cool spots around little tokyo, a kicker over a rail, some good wallie opportunities, some ledges. watch out for the guard here, he's a bit of a dick. close by is also this cool bank that you can blunt to whatever, blunt to flip or whatever

never personally skated it but around staples center are a lot of waxed ledges

theres a lot of spots in dtla around the office buildings, just keep your eyes peeled. but you get busted by the guards pretty quickly at these, so ymmv

oh jeez there are so many spots all over la, youre gonna have a good time skating

i haven't been to chinatown ledge in like 5+ years, what happened? that was such a good ledge with the kicker on the end

fun_yunchables

Postby meatjacket » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:01 pm

http://imgur.com/a/L9Dmz

Just came back from a trip to Enchanted Rock for the second time, this time with my girlfriend. We definitely overpacked as far as coldweather gear (our parents made it seem like it would be 30F when we got there only for it to get colder, when it was like 70F and dropped to 55F) but forgot to bring an air mattress that didnt have a hole in it so we slept on rocks lmao

it was beautiful and fun. We ate a prickly pear right off the cactus. We made a stove out of a chicken can. We were woken up by a herd of cows and we saw a deer. It was an amazing experience. ENTER to enjoy the view

come down to fredericksburg, tx

meatjacket

Postby xinijia » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:44 am

Is there a cool things to do see go guide to Paris and London here somewhere?

my favourite colour is bingle bangle
xinijia

Postby sknss » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:08 am

Sorry I meant to reply to you when you asked the question for the first time.

What to do in... PARIS

Eat a falafel in the rue des Rosiers. There are like 5 shops that claim they are the best in the world (probably true?? they are really good). I like King falafel. There is a nice garden nearby where you can eat in peace. From there you can go to COS, Muji, Nike lab, Uniqlo etc. If you go north up the rue Vieille du Temple you can find a CDG Black shop, Lemaire (good), Helmut Lang, APC, Acne. On boulevard Beaumarchais there is Merci, a department store (I guess?) with cool clothes/kitchen stuff/gift ideas. BLESS shop is at 14 rue Portefoin. To eat nearby there is also Bob's kitchen and Hank (vegetarian) burgers. You can also visit The broken arm while you're there. They carry Raf, Jacquemus, Our legacy etc.

Enough with capitalism. As for museums I like the Centre Pompidou, Le Louvre, Palais de Tokyo. I don't know what else. PM for art.

Good places to see:
-the Sacré Coeur. Go up the Montmartre hill. There is a hidden park behind the church that is very peaceful.
-the Jardin du Luxembourg
-Canal Saint Martin (lots of trendy coffee shops there)
-Notre Dame etc (just walk up or down the Seine and go on the islands)
-jardin des Tuileries
-Père Lachaise cemetery
-Parc des Buttes Chaumont

What to do in... LONDON

Dover street market. Good Acne shop nearby.
Barbican centre is cool. You can visit their conservatory on Sunday morning I think (?). It's really nice.
Whitechapel gallery.
The Photographers' gallery
All the big museums are nice and free.
All the big parks (Hyde park, Regent's park, Victoria park) are good.

To eat:
Mildred's in Soho
Cookies n scream in Camden (vegan milkshakes and cookies. Very tasty)
Black cat café in Hackney (bit out fo the way but so worth it)

If there's anything in particular you're interested in please let me know. When will you be in London?

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby soko » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:46 pm

Anyone walked the Camino de Santiago in Spain? I'll be doing it this summer and it'd be great if I could get some *insider knowledge*.

soko

Postby fechner » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:00 am

My family and I are travelling throughout Europe this summer from mid-June to mid-July :woop: Our itinerary isn't fully decided, but Antwerp and London are high on my list of priorities.
Seeing as it's a while away I am very open to some recommendations of places to visit and see.

P.S. I would love to meet some of you wonderful European "care-taggers" while we're there but it's probably too soon to make any concrete plans.

fechner

Postby evilfriends » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:28 am

A good friend and I are going to travel in september this year. We're still kinda undecided as to where to go, but California and Kyoto (japan in general) are at the top of our lists. He's letting me plan the whole thing, but in return I get to choose where we go.

Our initial plan was to fly to Los Angeles (we're both from Germany), rent a car there and explore the coastal Cali on our own terms. This would be very expensive though. Flights around that time are usually like 1000€ p.p., and the rental car plus insurance would be expensive because we're young people (19 and 21). For the moment I have a steady income and would probably manage to save up enough money until then, but I'd have to live very frugally, even more than I do right now. No more city trips, no siqq garms.

The cheaper alternative would be to go to Japan for like 3 or 4 weeks and rely on public transportation/hitchhiking to see everything we want to see. This trip would be much smaller in scale, quite a bit cheaper, and less "adventurous" I think? Not really sure. We're both massive weebs tho so it'll be great for sure. I'm gonna have to have a long talk with my friend considering not only these two possibilities but also others like New Zealand, Austalia, Greece maybe who tf knows.

evilfriends

Postby Syeknom » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:14 pm

I've been working in Reykjavík for the past couple of weeks (and will be flying back again next week). Here are some photos - it's tremendously beautiful in the winter.

Syeknom

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:01 pm

renting cars if you're younger than 25 in the US sucks because you pay additional fees. the highway 1 trip is really cool but tbh i'd recommend you go from north to south. if you can, swing from seattle to los angeles on the coast, the oregon coast is very beautiful in it's own right

for my own opinion on it, go to japan. you'll have a good time, there's something that caters to almost anyone there, despite whatever you're into. fashion, coffee, cars, food, photography, nature, culture, it's all there except good mexican food. california won't die (i hope, if so it's due to the drought), and you can always make your trip when you're older.

now onto my own question:

vancouverites: is a week too long for just the city of vancouver and not going anywhere else? is late march relatively wet/dry, and how is skating tolerated? might take a trip up and do some skating and photography sometime

fun_yunchables

Postby haz » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:56 pm

going to prague tomorrow. any recs on what to do/see?

haz

Postby dbcooper » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:59 pm

Last edited by dbcooper on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbcooper

Postby shyan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:17 am

Planning a Montreal excursion for Spring Break 2016. Any recommendations? What to avoid/must sees? AirBnB a good choice? I know nothing about your great province of Quebec. Train is the way to go if coming from NYC?

Thanks in advance.

shyan

PreviousNext

Return to Care