[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Here is ramdomthought!

Here is ramdomthought!

Off topic

Re: Here is ramdomthought!

Postby bels » Fri May 05, 2017 3:42 pm

I can assemble a pulp storage unit in about five minutes does that qualify me for anything

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Sun May 07, 2017 3:41 am

Posh Somme are they ever going to make the boxes that fit into pulp storage units again? Or are they phasing it out to push the oak/stainless/ash storage stuff

bels
Yung Winona

Postby posh_somme » Sun May 07, 2017 11:56 am

posh_somme

Postby freddy » Mon May 08, 2017 12:47 pm

Anyone become pen pals/friends with their eBay fashion seller? Some lady couldn't find the bow tie that I bought and profusely tried to remedy the issue with future discounts and finally offered free alternate bow tie for free (which I declined bc not my style) and etro cuff links (declined also). She ultimately refunded me the money and pleading that I don't leave negative negative feedback (her 2k+ feedback is immaculately all positive) and the original bow tie would be free if she can find it. I sent her fit pics saying cuff links r not my style yet and we ended up taking about MMM and fashun. We agreed to continue chatting this evening via email (smiling)

/Coolstory

freddy

Postby popcorn » Mon May 15, 2017 4:18 am

quick question to find out whether or not your white liberal dad is radicalized: when did slavery end?

popcorn

Postby popcorn » Tue May 16, 2017 12:06 am

sorry if i was unclear, i meant wholesome leftist anti-capitalist radicalization

never was the correct answer

popcorn

Postby freddy » Mon May 22, 2017 4:38 pm

Online gambling got me into cryptocurrencies and I got my good friend into cryptocurrencies late last summer. He just surpassed $100k (10x returns on ETH/alt coins - GNT,XRP, SC) profit threshold already. He has offered me a modest completion scholarship bonus of $5k (subject to increases depending on portfolio returns) if I merely complete my associates degree. Said friend dropped out of two four-years and finished his AS degree. Lol

God damn friend

freddy

Postby mahi-mahi » Mon May 22, 2017 5:46 pm

Yo Ct, I missed yall.
Life Updates!
Got into Virginia Commonwealth University for Chemistry!
Recovering from getting four wisdom teeth pulled out
Suffered a heartbreak
Became a waiter and have $
Decided to be more active here instead of jus using it to complain.
YAY!
How is everyone?

mahi-mahi

Postby worknights » Tue May 23, 2017 8:32 pm

im gonna cut my hair soon as its the longest its been since 2009 (usually do shorter hair but decided i'd let it grow for a bit but its looking pretty mop like now) and ideas on cool shorter hairstyles?

ig: cavallifurs
worknights

Postby odradek » Thu May 25, 2017 7:16 pm

me, posting:

odradek

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Thu May 25, 2017 9:50 pm

Sometimes I want to change my avatar but I'm afraid no one would know who I am if I did...

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby freddy » Thu May 25, 2017 10:14 pm

How do ppl have 500+ connections on LinkedIn? Lol

Anyone get bored of being bored?

And anyone been in the corporate world? Do you hate it or love the "corporate" professional culture?

freddy

Postby ramdomthought » Sat May 27, 2017 7:36 pm

Has anyone heard from Soundclip in a minute

ramdomthought

Postby BIGBEE » Sun May 28, 2017 1:23 am

No I think he had a kid last I heard

BIGBEE

Postby oucho » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:58 am

Happy meteorological summer

oucho

Postby INNIT » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:49 pm

sold my car using the same tactics i use to sell shit on grailed. listed it for 25% above a fair price, some dude lowballed me the price i actually wanted, BOOM SOLD. and they said internet fashion websites wouldnt give me real world skills HA

INNIT

Postby shar pei » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:52 am

when you know that your current relationship is not working and the other party seems like they don't want to break up by just being stagnant, dismissive, and avoidant of everything and you can't get out safely and swiftly, and you've vocalized every single thing that needs to be said

i don't want to waste so much emotional energy on this

or physical energy

CHEERS
P
shar pei

Postby JewTurk » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:07 pm

Has anyone explored their spirituality later in life?

I met someone today who was reading a book and we got to talking. It was this book about a Jewish women who is very strong in her faith that wrote this book about having faith in Jesus and all these great things Jesus has done, but still feels confident in her faith. The person's perspective on it was that people don't need to share a religion to share a connection about good will, which I loved. He had a lot of reservations about local Christianity groups that he feels are problematic but his perspective was still that Christianity was worthwhile and worth pursuing regardless. We kind of talked about whether or not people who don't necessarily believe in a god could still practice faith for the sake of spreading good intentions, which kind of made me reconsider a lot of things.

Thoughts on attending church without necessarily believing in the entirety of what the faith assumes? It just seems nice that someone can have their own interpretation of something and partake in it respectfully, I just would hate to start attending church and worry about whether or not I'm being dishonest.

Just curious if others partake in a religion of sorts without agreeing with some of the more important aspects of them.

JewTurk

Postby adiabatic » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:37 pm

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby INNIT » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:28 pm

Last edited by INNIT on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INNIT

Postby deadkitty » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:56 am

consider noninstitutional religion/spirituality

deadkitty

Postby adiabatic » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:42 pm

The trouble with noninstutional anything is that you don't get a meatspace community. There's a qualitative difference between having group members all within easy driving distance of each other and having to organize 3-of-200 meetups every 6–18 months.

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby popcorn » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:28 pm

what would you recommend I read if the books I've enjoyed most in the last year are:
- Stoner (John Williams)
- Slaughterhouse Five (Kurt Vonnegut)
- The Bluest Eye (Toni Morrison)
- The Stranger (Albert Camus)
?

not a complete conversation but i think what i like in each of these, the common thread, is the way people interact with depravity and (sometimes) transcend it. they're all contemporary writers so these have all been very easy to read.

thanks for anything :-)

popcorn

Postby sonofjacob » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:25 am

back home again after a decent 6 weeks of travel and i am SAD

sonofjacob

Postby shar pei » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:05 pm

i'm out of my (smiling) (smiling) very tiring relationship (smiling) (smiling) i'm about to move in with my friends! (smiling) (smiling) things are going (smiling) (smiling) actually pretty well (smiling) (smiling) aside from my depression and occasional tiredness and inability to concentrate on everything including school assignments i have yet to complete from last semester

CHEERS
P
shar pei

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:43 pm

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby smiles » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:50 pm

‘Travel beggars’ appear in poorest parts of Hong Kong, outraging critics

This kind of stuff is also pretty common. Treating Asia (esp Thailand and cambodia) as place to "find yourself" and eat cheap food. Really gross and I remember so many exchange students rolling through with that attitude.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby adiabatic » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:33 pm

adiabatic

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:30 pm

yeah were you ever ridiculed because you ate mustard or bleu cheese though? to denigrate a culture's food and then later adopt it?

food isn't just food (similarly clothing isn't just clothing either), it has a cultural history and context behind it. which is why often when white ppl make asian food (and possibly other, but i have no experience in that) it usually is lacking in some way (some ppl are okay -- like andy ricker who immersed himself in thai culture prior to pok pok, and also fuschia dunlop, who was one of the first westerners to graduate from a chinese culinary schools).

racism pervades food and i think it's important to be conscious of it, as it's one of the implicit, subtle racism that often times is "programmed" into the society where you might not notice it. why is beef bourguignon considered far more refined that red-cooked beef, when they are so similar? why does one expect to pay a lot for french cuisine versus expecting cheap mexican cuisine (which as a side-related note as a conglomerate cuisine is imo is one of the most well developed and refined cuisines in the world)?
there's nothing wrong with people liking the food. the problem is in the context of whether the culture is also considered

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby adiabatic » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:27 am

adiabatic

PreviousNext

Return to Care