[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - CARE SHARE 2020

CARE SHARE 2020

Off topic

Re: Sharing is Caring // The Care Share

Postby sknss » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:56 am

could you upload the zine here? I want to see it

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby ramseames » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:01 pm

just picked this up from my parents place

It contains:

A supreme beachball

An APC drawstring bag

Fragment design x bicycle playing cards

Three six sided dice

A concord farms honey bear

A Mini things notebook

A bottle of new glarus brewing co spotted cow cask conditioned Ale

And an unmarked beer bottle, presumably containing homebrew?

This rules man, thanks so much. If you're ever in Vancouver I'll buy you many beers

ramseames

Postby can- » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:06 pm

thank you

from across the pacific, ques has delivered this wonderful package of goodies to me.

-Our Syeknom italian terry button up - super dope
-Two Wanlijiang teas, one partially picked by ques himself
-Green tea marshmallows
-Armadillo dropping pralines - have eaten most of these
-Lamme's habanero pralines
-Lust & Caution
-River Town: Two Years on the Yangtze
-White Rabbit candies
-really nice letter with good handwriting

unfortunately the chinese customs control enjoyed this care share so much they decided to keep some of it.

cool stuff I imagine is being enjoyed by some chinese customs officer right now:

-Cool Pack Playing Cards
-Two Cool Snail (Small?) Masks
-Cool Decorative Bottle Opener

can-

Postby Iliam » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:07 am

Iliam

Postby ramseames » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:57 pm

semi related, if you still haven't gotten your share send me a PM and I'll check on the tracking for you

Last edited by ramseames on Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramseames

Postby ramseames » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:58 am

Have received word that KLF won't be participating this year.

So basically there's 2 options:

A. Someone who wasn't originally a participant steps in and does the share.

B. I or someone else who already sent a share out does a second one.

Regardless of who it is, we should crowd fund most of the money for it because this is going above and beyond. I'll contribute a decent portion myself obviously.

FYI this one is going to Asia so the shipping costs are going to be rather high unless it happens to be done by someone nearby.

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:54 pm

I've been informed that KLF is dealing with something rather substantial at the moment. I've redacted the above comment as it felt insensitive given this new knowledge, and I would like to encourage people to not hold this against him.

We've got a volunteer for the share who I think will do a really great job, so I figure we can just go ahead with trying to get a bit of funds together

A google search yields this as a potential method of doing so but I'll hold off for a little in case someone has a better suggestion or has had negative experience with it:

https://www.tilt.com/ca

ramseames

Postby meatjacket » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:48 pm

but the other MIA participant?

i can see it now

"just got done chilljin"

meatjacket

Postby ramseames » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:45 pm

http://tilt.tc/vTSO

The tilt is live for the next 4 days.

Please contribute whatever you can, any little bit helps us give this person a really good share to make up for their wait/uncertainty (they have been exceedingly patient and friendly about it might I add).

ramseames

Postby chilljin » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:12 pm

Yo to whoever sent me my share - my mam's told me a parcel has arrived for me, I wouldn't be able to post a video unboxing like i'd like to as currently in NL unless I waited until 21st december when i'm back in UK, so I think I'm going to ask her to do one for me this weekend and I will hopefully have it posted on here soon (smiling)

chilljin

Postby yourdad » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:57 am

Shoutout to for the share! It's a tad late as it was sent as two packages and I missed them both. Finally had the chance to pick them up so here it is!

Included are:
-Holland scarf as that is where he is for exchange
- camo beer belt (will definitely see some use during the holidays)
- cookbook (perfect as I've been trying to cook more recently)
- travel guide to Amsterdam and the Netherlands
- various bars of chocolate

Also included was a note with a link to a video explaining the package (won't link unless he agrees). In it, he mentioned that he would also perform one form of media in a style of my choosing. As I can't seem to come up with one, I've decided to let the masses choose. What should perform and how?

yourdad

Postby ramseames » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:47 pm

Thank you to the 10 people who contributed to the tilt, we raised $120.66 Canadian dollars which is more than we were looking for!

Once again, a reminder to pm me if your share has not reached you yet, and to post a photo of it if it has.

I'm going to tag everyone who's got their share but not posted pics soon.

ramseames

Postby Ques » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:54 am

I'm afraid the Chinese customs officers have probably intercepted and stolen my care-share. It was shipped out over 40 days ago but the tracking site hasn't updated in over a month, and I'm permanently leaving this address in four days. :(

Ques

Postby can- » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:10 am

ques ur share was posted on this page son.

can-

Postby Ques » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:24 am

not the one i sent but the one sent to me

Ques

Postby ramseames » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:02 pm

on dec 6th if your care share hasn't arrived we'll run another tilt to get one put together for you and sent to your address in the states

i've pmed the person who sent the original but if they decide to opt out I'll ask for volunteers. They spent a good bit on shipping the first one to china so I don't want to make them pay for this one at all if possible.

ramseames

Postby harmsalmon » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:22 pm

my care share recipient never posted that they received it so i hope they got it!!!

harmsalmon

Postby yourdad » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:20 pm

yourdad

Postby ramseames » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:24 pm

Its 8am on the 7th in china so presumably is no longer in the location his care share was sent to.

We can assume at this point that it has been lost, and as such, we need to run another tilt.

Thanks again for the generosity of everyone who contributed to the last one!

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:07 pm

FYI the care share from the first tilt fundraiser has been shipped!

To those who I pmed about posting a picture of your share pls get on that, thanks.

ramseames

Postby eufemism » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:48 pm

I'm pretty sure sent me my care share so word to him

He sent me a lot cool stuff
Plenty of candy which I pretty much devoured the first day

EG bucket hat that has been to more countries than me

Super skinny linen pants that I couldn't even get my leg through the leg hole lmao

A map, some sweet button/pin things that I put on my backpack, a postcard, a print that looks like an eyeball

And my favorite part; a pair of leopard print slippers. These come in clutch when I gotta step on my freezing kitchen floor in the morning

Overall 10/10 gift would share again

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby ramseames » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:16 pm

the tilt for Ques' care share is over, thanks to everyone who contributed!

shoutouts to who called his bank and was told that he was not allowed to send a $10 charitable donation to canada because of fraud risks

ramseames

Postby limeliam » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:44 pm

Just got to open my package a couple of days ago, I saved it until I had enough time to write a proper thank you post.

In my care package:

Diptyque L'ombre Dans L'eau scented soap, This is by far the fanciest soap I have ever seen in my life. I haven't had the chance start using it, smells really quite nice through the packaging though. Ive got to pick up a soap dish or something before using it. Make sure I get the most out of the experience

Stationary, some seriously cool Muji writing utensils, Ive taken notes with both the gel pan (crazy sharp and smooth) and the mechanical pencil, and I think they're awesome. I love the mildliner as well.

Candy!!! Some really cool stuff, all very tasty. Ive seen pocky in stores before but had never tried it, I really didn't expect it them to be my thing but I really liked them. Other candies were a mixture of hard candy and gummies. Plowed through those pretty quickly, very tasty.

Saving the best for last... A JAN JAN VAN ESSCHE SWEATER!!! super super cool, wore it out saturday night and got complimented on it, super warm too. I also love the cuffs really different!

Thanks you so much pei! I love the package, feeling really spoiled (smiling) Have a happy holiday season!!!

limeliam

Postby trasparenti » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:36 am

i just got my care share today! :woop:

Firstly, huuuuuge thanks to for organizing the Tilt and being so amazing! I wasn't really expecting to get a package after the first month - which was totally fine - but for some reason people were so insanely generous that they donated money and time to send me a care share all the way in dang Japan! You all rule and totally made my day. Care-Tags really is the only forum I feel at home on :--)

So I made a silly video opening the package but I'm a little sick so please ignore the tone of my voice and my goofy unfunnniness - I really am super super super excited and happy about getting this package and everything inside!!! John/ you are absolutely amazing (and your penmanship is impeccable), everyone who contributed to the stuff in the package (, , , , I'm sorry if there's more!) everyone who donated to the tilt is amazing and Care-Tags, you are too good for me.

In the package:
Jelly Snakes!
Maynard's Sour Patch Kidz!
Refreshers mints/candy!
Hanabi game!
Three lil books!
A flash drive with music, drawings and translations for the Hanabi instructions!
Care-Tags stickers!!!!!!
Roden Grey tote courtesy of Ramseames!
A pen!
Story MFG scarf!
A bunch of amazing incredible drawings (DRAWINGS OF MY DINGUS OUTFITS OH MY GOD)!!

I am b l o w n away. Way, way, way too much thought, energy, and money to spend on lil ol me. You are all amazing.
Love,
Jake

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby germinal » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:33 am

I should thank everyone who donated money, everyone you mentioned, as well as bels for sending me the stickers and the zine content, and stolsdos for the usb stick. I think the care share is one of the best things about care tags, so i wanted to pass on something from all the great packages i've received in the past (unfortunately my first one was 100% food long since eaten). I also wanted to include something from Story, since they represent another of my favourite things about care tags. Thanks again to our resident artists for contributing their time and amazing talent

germinal
Garminlad

Postby germinal » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:07 am

germinal
Garminlad

Postby chilljin » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:27 pm

Yo Yo.

Mum tried to make a video for me but it was a terrible recording , so I thought I'd wait until Xmas day to post this ( only got home monday)

I received a bloody sick package from, and big up to you lad you have got me a load of stuff that i am into.

1. Supreme ashtray - actually incredibly convenient as i've been ashing into a plant pot - will take this back to NL with me, real nice. Haven't owned anything preme before.

2. Bag of Toby's Estate Coffee - Haven't tasted this yet, but it smells absolutely gorgeous. I mean, like seriously peng.

3. 2 Pairs of uniqlo Heattech socks - Always game for some cosy toe homes, modelled gorgeously in attached photo

4. Brooklyn Brewery Pint Glass - Again real nice to own, Will take this with me to NL. Love collecting pint glasses, I have a huge variety that i've borrowed from bars/pubs

5. Dark choc Sea Salt caramels - These were peng mate, I don't have a picture of the box as I may have devoured them when blazed on tuesday, but trust me man thanks a lot for this.

Also, a variety of matches from different bars, which is pretty sick. I like the pink ones especially, Gonna pull bare birds and pretend im a jetsetter who has visited all these places when I light up a cig for them.

Sorry this took so long to post, it was a seriously awesome package. and sorry to everybody for my general unresponsiveness these past few months, trying to get to grips with what my life is doing atm, but it's all pretty cool now after a rocky beginning.

All images in album
Attached the most christmassy image of me at the end i could find

chilljin

Postby Ques » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:37 am

best birthday present ever!! i'll post an unboxing video as soon as it gets here, except it will be entirely in chinese as if i'm caught speaking anything else they'll kick me out of the program

Ques

Postby ramseames » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:50 pm

Omg it came? Wtf

ramseames

Postby Ques » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:23 am

well thanks to chinese internet, i can't post an unboxing video after all, but it was mostly me just mumbling and making weird noises anyway so not much was lost

this is such an incredibly killer care-share that it's fitting that it's the last one to get posted. the chinese post office probably inspected it, pulled up their file on the care-tags, and came to the same conclusion which is why it got delayed. contents include:

- an incredible OUR LEGACY buttondown in a really funky denim fabric, which i will be wearing tomorrow
- two pairs of MUJI socks, with the special 90 degree construction that is supposedly wonderful comfortable and i've been wanting to try out for a while. also good timing because im out of socks and dont have a washer
- a lovely muji hat in a great shade of washed out oatmeal
- muji tote to carry all of my new goodies in
- 5 delicious pieces of candy, none of which i have ever tried before. just opened up the "crunchie" and it was a really interesting flavor reminiscent of both maple and honey, but at the same time kind of like a butterfingers.
- a bottle of OG canadian maple syrup, which i've never had the pleasure of trying before
- two great-looking books of poetry and one equally promising novel!
- a copy of nat geo from 1964 with a special focus on china!!!! i have no idea where you managed to find this but this is really incredible. there's mentions of liu shaoqi in here from BEFORE he was photoshopped out of all the pictures and disappeared, fascinating. also some really great pictures, like this one of the bund in the 1960s.

gr8/10 top notch care share, made all the better by the long but worth-while wait. thank you so much !!!

Ques

PreviousNext

Return to Care