[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Belly rubs [food thread]

Belly rubs [food thread]

Off topic

Re: Prawnzee's Saturday Kitchen [food thread]

Postby straysheep » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:25 am

There's rice cake, pork, dried shiitake, enoki and napa cabbage in this one. You can throw in a variety of veggies/mushrooms though.

Made beef bourguignon today but that doesn't really photograph well lol

(clarifying edit: I didn't even bother, was also busy eating :wink: )

straysheep

Postby deadkitty » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:02 am

made a shin ramyun replica from scratch feat kimchi and shortrib

deadkitty

Postby stappard_ » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:52 pm

reducetarian risotto al barolo w borlotti beans

they're great beans, far superior to a butter bean for example

stappard_

Postby ptozzi » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:39 pm

Old picture. Lunch on Valentine's day ft. 's burger.

Chicken and broccoli stir fry.

ptozzi

Postby thecanadiancook » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:56 am

Update on my capstone project: We have successfully fermented soda from a green tea, bananas, ginger, cane sugar, and a yeast starter culture into a decent product. Also home brewing is lame, its all about the locker brew. Yes I have started fermenting in my locker but to be fair its prepared in a food safe environment (Food Handling Permit) but I ferment and store it in my locker for enjoyment at my friends and my leisure.

Next formulations hope to be with mango, ginger, and green tea as well as a red fruit and black tea soda, or a pear and white tea variation.

and random benchtop project and filtration system photo. I love how ridiculous my degree is.

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby sknss » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:58 am

for

Vegan lentil bolognese

Fry diced onion and carrot until soft.
Add garlic, chilli and cumin (the secret ingredient).
Add 100g of red lentils, a tin of chopped tomatoes and 500ml of vegetable stock.
Simmer until lentils are very soft and most of the water is gone. Serve with spaghetti.
You can also add mushrooms, peppers, kidney beans, red wine, dark chocolate etc.

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby yourdad » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:28 pm

tacos #1, #2, and #3.

yourdad

Postby can- » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:40 pm

biggest croissant i ever laid eyes on

can-

Postby thecanadiancook » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:40 pm

Santa Fe Salad with Cajun Chicken served family style. Chopped romaine, corn, black beans, feta with a peanut lime vinaigrette. Crushed Tostitos chips (too lazy to fry my own) and lime wedges to garnish. Cajun rubbed, broiled, and buttered chicken.

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby asianfuntime » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:47 pm

sorry for not mixing up the sauce, looks incredibly dry :( trust me, it was enough sauce

made beef stroganoff a week ago, and it's one of my favorite dishes to make now (mainly because it's the one I don't screw up as much). cooking is one of my favorite hobbies, but I just never find the time!!

asianfuntime

Postby Indieguy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:23 am

Ceviche con mango, pollo de grano, calamares a la romana, gambas al ajillo, tuna tataki, esparragos salteados, rellenos, setas saltedas, patatas con aioli, alcachofas, pincho moruno de corder and a bottle of wine as old as I am. (I do not know these names by heart. I copied the receipt. ;-) )

Indieguy

Postby straysheep » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:59 pm

first time making (chanko) nabe, turned out pretty well. finished product (added beef, meatballs, salmon and chicken later) was gone too fast for me to snap a pic lol

made gyudon with the leftover beef the next day

straysheep

Postby bels » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:25 am

Paper plate though?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby straysheep » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:38 pm

fun fact! chanko nabe is basically the kitchen sink version of nabe for sumo wrestlers. high bean energy and calories, but also makes the broth delicious after all the meat is picked out (throw some udon in there afterwards, will blow your mind).

straysheep

Postby pips » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:19 am

We went to a town called Baler in the Pacific coast to surf and chill over the weekend. Some of the stuff I ate:

This is Dinakdakan. It's a dish traditionally made from various pig parts, innards and face (if you know your Filipino cuisine, it's very similar to sisig) but steeped in vinegar, kinda like ceviche (which I love), instead of an egg on top.

Grilled milkfish served with rice, fresh tomato, half a salted chicken egg (the red thing on the photo) and caramelized fern salad on a banana leaf. Eaten with bare hands on a tiny shack on the side of the road. I actually hate eating with hands but I enjoyed this nice, simple lunch a lot. I liked the fern salad a lot, which I dont get to eat often because if you order fern in the city it's expensive, but this meal cost less than $2.

pips

Postby ptozzi » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:28 am

When to Momofuku with this weekend. We also got brisket buns but ate them too fast to take a picture.

ptozzi

Postby deadkitty » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:44 am

the best part of living in koreatown

deadkitty

Postby can- » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:58 pm

bacon jam is over

can-

Postby deadkitty » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:34 pm

bacon is over (sorry not sorry)

deadkitty

Postby sknss » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:58 am

beetroot blinis with soy cream and spring onions

pizza with bare veg (highly recommend french beans on pizza)

sknss

Postby can- » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:31 pm

can-

Postby sknss » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:31 pm

ben i had worms too

sknss

Postby deadkitty » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:29 pm

deadkitty

Postby deadkitty » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:31 am

neglected to mention that the above dish is 's doing

deadkitty

Postby sknss » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:34 am

I'm glad you all enjoyed my photography skills. It was raw vegetable spaghetti (carrot, gold beet, can't remember what else) with a cashew sauce, coriander and sesame seeds. It was very tasty.

sknss

Postby deadkitty » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:48 am

black bean & sweet potato chili

should have let this go a bit longer, but it was 9:30 and I was hungry

I think I'm gonna just eat veg when I'm at home from now on (so like 9/10 meals)

deadkitty

Postby Ques » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:38 pm

strong food reccs from ramseames

Ques

Postby Ques » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:02 pm

it's a miniature loaf of bread, around an inch and a half across, with delicious butter + sea salt

that was at pourhouse, drinks there are great, had one with absinthe called arsenic and old lace

ramen was at jinya iirc

also there are two taco places in a back alley in gastown somewhere, went to both and they were both incredible

almost got kicked out of pidgin even though i was stone cold sober because i had trouble opening the door because it was so heavy and they thought i was wasted, about to go write an irate yelp review about that

Ques

Re:Comida, la cosa que Los humanos neccesitan [food thread]

Postby mahi-mahi » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:03 pm

so I just bought a pack of dried blueberries, any recs I really wanba see weird ones CT

mahi-mahi

Postby bhajz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:02 pm

Been eating well

Kale and Bacon pizza I made

paella rd 2

bhajz

PreviousNext

Return to Care