[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Telly thread

Telly thread

Off topic

Re: Television rules the nation

Postby sknss » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:33 pm

yes! LandslideBaby recommended it to me. it's great

my fav character is louise

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby hmwut » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:17 pm

late to this show but goddamn i am hooked. the writing is sooooooo good, and the fact that there are no "weak" characters (except manny i guess) makes it consistently enjoyable to watch. it's also caused me to become more aware of the dynamics of both my family and my personal relationships, which i feel i've needed for awhile.

phil dunphy is my personal role model/icon

hmwut

Postby RycePooding » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:20 pm

All the kids are so so funny, and Bob is amazing.

Hmwut- thought if hate that show, but you're right,
It's just so well written.

RycePooding

Postby Mippipopolous » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:31 pm

Ok, so have any of you guys caught The Returned? DVRed the marathon Sundance had yesterday and watched it all today, oh man, need to talk about this show with someone. It was so good, but I'm feeling really fatigued after watching so much of it in such a short time span, the atmosphere and subject matter just weigh on you and its all a bit draining. So many questions left unanswered, it's gonna be incredibly tough waiting for the next season of it. But man I really really liked it. Great show and highly recommended.

Mippipopolous

Postby lostie » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:47 pm

Community and Sherlock are finally back. It feels like being reunited with old high school friends that you haven't seen in a while (for better or worse).

lostie

Postby SweetJavaBrown » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:35 pm

I love that Dan Harmon is back with Community. I'm excited to see what he can do again.

SweetJavaBrown

Postby wax » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:26 pm

what the hell happened to lara flynn boyle

wax

Postby spicedreams » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:12 am

Did some binge-watching over break:

1) Party Down - I know I'm late to this but it's amazing.

2) Veep - Julia Louis-Dreyfus ( Elaine from Seinfeld) plays the Vice President. Only 2 seasons so far but it's hilarious, reminds me a lot of the movie In The Loop if you've seen that. Also has the guy who plays Buster from Arrested Development.

spicedreams

Postby hooplah » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:24 pm

this sunday's episode of the simpsons pays tribute to hayao miyazaki. it is so cute and pretty

hooplah

Postby can- » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:25 am

dunno if I am late on this but Top of the Lake on Netflix is the best tv I've seen in ages, can't recommend it strongly enough

can-

Postby SteevMike » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:41 pm

True Detective is fuckin' great

SteevMike

Postby hharrissonn » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:06 pm

Sick in bed watching Kill la Kill, I like it so far.
Mako is adorable.

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby rublev » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:27 pm

Top of the Lake was excellent! Wish the BBC had shown it over winter though...

Also a big fan of Veep - was a bit late to the party but whatever.

Last two episodes of The Bridge tonight on BBC4 :((( look forward to whatever other euro drama comes next. Some Belgian thing, i think.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby charybdis » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:28 pm

Jackie Chan was on the CCTV CNY thing.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby sensodyne » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:01 am

just downloaded all of Young justice, super hero cartoons are the best.

initial thoughts;

i feel like they made aqualad stronger than some of the others to make up for aquaman being the lamest in the jl
WTF SUPERBOY CANT FLY?

sensodyne

Postby Mippipopolous » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:49 pm

Just started watching Pushing Daisies, it's so good! Already addicted. That show just makes me feel all warm and gooey on the inside. Why must the good shows be canceled young though? There only being two seasons is just criminal. I keep telling myself I'll pace myself and watch it slowly, but let's be real, that never happens.

Mippipopolous

Postby charybdis » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:38 am

Fuck. I can't deal with The Newsroom. I made it through one season but that Africa episode is just so terrible.

The Gary Cooper thing bothers me so much. The first time they made the joke about his name, I liked it because it showed how insensitive Will is, but EVERYONE keeps making that fucking joke. We get it, he has the same name as a famous white actor but he's black. It's not that funny.

Basically the only things I like in the show are the banter and Sloan. That's kind of sad.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby stappard_ » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:33 am

stappard_

Postby stappard_ » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:34 am

stappard_

Postby jrisk » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:04 pm

One week.

jrisk

Postby Stingray Sam » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:07 am

Watched the first episode. I liked it quite a bit, it was far too cleverly written for television though. I can't wait to finish the series

Stingray Sam

Postby navin » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:59 pm

real humans is so fucking awesome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Humans
Recommend A++

navin

Postby lostie » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:50 pm

this episode makes me super nostalgic.
i also started watching because of (smiling)

lostie

Postby bhajz » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:59 am

House of Cards is so damn good, 2nd season has been great so far (only 3 episodes in). Also going to start watching True Detective during my Spring Break, I've only heard great things about it.

bhajz

Postby bels » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:00 am

Amazon prime now has amazon streaming but all the shows suck/are on 4od already?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby chilljin » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:48 am

just finished s4 of boardwalk empire, what a sick show

chilljin

Postby balloons » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:20 am

dunno if anyone here watches survivor but I'm obsessed w/ it and the first episode of the new season premiered today

all I have to say is what a clusterfuck, wow

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby fuxwitit » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:39 am

just recently got into community after hearing wonderful things, no regrets as i move onto the 3rd season.

young dumb mothafucka
fuxwitit

Postby jrisk » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:07 pm

blazed through the first 7 episodes of True Detective and now I'm waiting for the finale on sunday. Really enjoying the chemistry between Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey or maybe the lack thereof and how they work through it. I kind of want to be a bit like Rusty. cool, calculated and philosophical. The mystery is pretty interesting too, i like this type of creepy skin-crawling thriller.

I feel like it's good television, not amazing like Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones but it's nice to have something that doesn't rely on crazy intense twists that make you go WTF just to keep you interested.

jrisk

Postby g2x222 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:20 pm

I really craved another political drama after House of Cards, so I've been watching the West Wing for the past couple of weeks. I know Sorkin specializes in heavily-monologued-liberal-circlejerk, but I love it and can't get enough (I've already gone through The Newsroom).

I also love Donna/Josh

g2x222

PreviousNext

Return to Care