[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Telly thread

Telly thread

Off topic

Re: Television rules the nation

Postby swatfishy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:50 am

binged kill la kill this weekend

weird and absurd yet very enjoyable

swatfishy

Postby can- » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:43 am

wubadubdub, I really enjoyed Rick and Morty season 1

can-

Postby CleanThug » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:27 pm

Not sure if anyone posted this yet(I know 's into it): True Detective.

This is one of those top tier shows in my book, I would even place it beside GoT & Breaking Bad. Very few shows will I sit through the intro scene on, but this one is great.(anyone know the song?)

Rumor has it the next season will be a completely different story line (think American Horror Story) complete with, the one and only, Brad Pitt

:sweg:

CleanThug

Postby exprof » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:33 pm

Season finale of Parks and Rec was really great

exprof

Postby balloons » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:31 am

I tried getting into Parks & Rec but after two episodes of season 1 I was kind of like "this is alright but too time consuming given that I've only laughed a few times"

should I skip ahead or something?

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby seth83292 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:30 am

Just started orphan black yesterday.

This is good shit

seth83292

Postby rublev » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:48 pm

My thoughts on recent tv stuff...

True Detective, apart from a few minor blips about half way through, was so good. For me the best television in a long time. I still think about it weeks on, especially the occult aspect / yellow king etc, which i found fascinating but also pretty terrifying.

Community this season has felt a bit contrived... but i dunno, kinda feel that that was deliberate. Bit of a weak ending though. Parks and Rec does get better... starts very pedestrian. Even saying that though i've found it's the kind of show you need to watch a lot of quickly. I've tried to watch the odd episode when they've been on BBC4 but always turned off because i've found them really annoying and 'cutesy' / cringeworthy. That or i'm just more bitter.

Does anyone else find Game of Thrones really bad? Like i tried to get into it but it felt like a low budget xena warrior princess esque costume drama... everything felt really 'clean', kinda fake? I dunno, i managed a few episodes but i felt like i was getting dumber just watching it.

Mad Men finally coming to an end. Last season started slowly but turned out to be pretty wild. Feels like with every season i start feeling pretty ambivalent about the whole thing but then something changes. But also.... feeling a bit 'so what??'. It felt like Mad Men was really pushing the whole existential crisis 'i have everything but i have nothing' thing but it feels like it's out of wind. Almost like Don (and others) was set up to be this cryptic layered character but now to me, after all this time, is more one dimensional than anything. And now there's a sense of needing closure and wrapping stuff up, or at least finding a home for all those vague and wanting questions posed through the previous episodes but i sense (fear?) we'll be left with something similarly vague.... 'there are no answers' etc. So in that sense i feel conflicted as whether to accuse it of losing its way or congratulating it on achieving a pretty convincing and broad character study over 7 seasons. Guess i'll just wait till the end hmmm. / ramble

I thought Fargo was great and i'll definitely keep watching. Good potential! Feels a bit Twin Peak'ish to me.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby CleanThug » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:11 pm

I have no sympathy for people who don't like Game of Thrones

CleanThug

Postby CleanThug » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:00 pm

What dissimilarities bother you? I finished the 5th book months ago but I don't notice too many details that tick me off.

CleanThug

Postby zayg » Sun May 11, 2014 5:06 pm

New Mad Men episode is posted early. You can find it on the r/madmen if you wish, but that was seriously the wildest episode of the show yet. They went all out. So much drama and intensity as well as the introduction of some new...darker themes.

zayg

Postby bikesarecool » Sun May 11, 2014 5:15 pm

bikesarecool

Postby seth83292 » Sun May 11, 2014 9:54 pm

holy SHIT dinklage is an amazing actor.

seth83292

Postby missrowan » Mon May 12, 2014 5:07 pm

orphan black is currently my favourite show. it's pretty much my favourite of all time so far too. I hope they don't mess it up (like suits, which had a great first season and then slowly went to shit).

Elementary also had a pretty sick first season, I was really pumped about it, but it seems to have lost a little of its steam in s2. Still worth watching but I'm hoping they can inject a bit more adrenaline back in for s3.

missrowan

Postby hooplah » Mon May 12, 2014 5:14 pm

if you guys haven't seen it, black mirror is worth watching.

2 seasons (series), 3 episodes each. each episode is a completely different story and cast. the overarching theme is how technology can be taken too far/do more harm than good. pretty dark stuff, one or two of the episodes are missteps, but overall very intriguing.

third ep of the first season/series if my favorite, robert downey jr just bought the rights to the story to option it as a film

hooplah

Postby swatfishy » Sun May 25, 2014 3:18 am

Where are my fellow fannibals???
holy shit that finale
holy
shit

been watching a ton of anime lately and its really fun binge watching all the famous series and getting into new ones

swatfishy

Postby oldtrailmix » Mon May 26, 2014 2:33 am

that Mad Men (mid) season half quasi finale though, god diggedy damn.

serious fucks to AMC for chopping the 7th season in half like this. doesn't get much slimier than that.

also who knew sally draper was this cool irl

oldtrailmix

Postby jrisk » Mon May 26, 2014 11:40 am

oh man, that was a great episode. sally's one of my favorite characters. the diner scene with her and don a few episodes ago was great. I loved their conversation on the phone in this one. Don's a cool dad.

jrisk

Postby oldtrailmix » Mon May 26, 2014 1:50 pm

oldtrailmix

Postby charybdis » Tue May 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Just want to say that Jupiter is the best girl.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby rublev » Wed May 28, 2014 8:00 am

Have to wait till tonight to see Mad Men (UK Sky Atlantic etc) but last week was REALLY GOOD. Like i was this close to giving up caring and then something seemed to click... the first episode this season were anything seemed to matter. Pete, Peggy, and Don at the end made me very happy.

Fargo got pretty dark this week... getting a bit more ridiculous (and i'm not even looking for 'realism') but i'll stick with it.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby g2x222 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:37 pm

Game of Thrones – S4E08

g2x222

Postby g2x222 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:18 pm

g2x222

Postby seth83292 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:48 am

GOT S4E08

seth83292

Postby seth83292 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:00 am

Other GOT S4E08

seth83292

Postby hmwut » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:34 am

spoilers s4e08 etc

hmwut

Postby ramseames » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:20 am

ramseames

Postby oldtrailmix » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:22 am

spoilers same

oldtrailmix

Postby g2x222 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:40 am

g2x222

Postby jrisk » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:25 am

Anybody watching the new season of Orange is the New Black? I'm a few episodes in. Totally not binge watching it this time. Second episode doesn't even have Piper in it. I'm glad to see these great side characters get fleshed out.

jrisk

Postby JewTurk » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:13 pm

Louie is really great.

Watched both first two seasons on FX and loved them. Didn't know about the 3rd but just started on S3 on Netflix.

He's my spirit animal, his awkward mannerisms when confronted with women match me perfectly and I love the show to death.

JewTurk

PreviousNext

Return to Care