[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Telly thread

Telly thread

Off topic

Re: Television rules the nation

Postby jrisk » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:41 am

Well, I tried to not binge watch Orange is the New Black, but it still happened. I didn't even notice that the last episode was half an hour longer than a normal one, that's how engrossed I was. Great season with a satisfying end.

jrisk

Postby CleanThug » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:08 pm

It is currently 9:10 EST and Game of Thrones still hasn't been uploaded to HBO go

This night is dark and full of terrors

Edit: forget it the seven gods have prevailed

CleanThug

Postby Stingray Sam » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:21 am

Fucking game of thrones HBO writers, god damnit what a bunch of assholes

Stingray Sam

Postby oldtrailmix » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:52 am

im not particularly upset over the decisions, although some of them were really funny
but on the other hand

oldtrailmix

Postby vgtbls » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:41 am

The book readers are all really upset about something... It makes me too nervous to click on any discussion of the episode.

vgtbls

Postby stappard_ » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:48 am

stappard_

Postby jrisk » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:22 pm

Orange is the new black

Last edited by germinal on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoilerszz
jrisk

Postby BobbyZamora » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:19 am

GOT S4E10

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby lostie » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:42 pm

holy shit orphan black season 2 finale

all in all a great finale to a great show. i'm so happy tatiana maslany won the 2014 critics choice award- she's a brilliant actress.

lostie

Postby seth83292 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:24 am

anyone else who watches OB

Asgjkasd; a;gkjasd. Rambling thoughts about the episode incoming

seth83292

Postby lostie » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:23 am

more orphan black spoilers

lostie

Postby Mippipopolous » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:02 pm

Anyone else excited for the new season of Legend of Korra? This Friday! It's definitely been a lot more uneven of a show than TLA, but it's still damn enjoyable and has some brilliant moments. I'm pumped for another season.

Mippipopolous

Postby missrowan » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:17 am

re ob finale

missrowan

Postby Mippipopolous » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:16 am

Ok, who else saw Korra? That shit delivered like crazy I'm so pumped for the rest of this season now it's gonna kick ass!

Mippipopolous

Postby inherently » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:55 am

yeah it was awesome; the new villains are incredibly badass. There was also a good balance between plot and humor; Bolin and Meelo both had hilarious lines.

inherently

Postby CleanThug » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:01 pm

I think it was who recc'd Entourage somewhere & this shit is tight. already on the 3rd season in like 3 days :sweg:

CleanThug

Postby can- » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:15 am

The Wire spoilers S1

can-

Postby smiles » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:20 am

Just finished Endeavour. Also liked Luther, Sherlock etc. Any recommendations?

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby chadnik » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:30 pm

Not TV proper but I really enjoyed the webseries High Maintenance. It's a series of ~12 episodes, not meant to be watched in any particular order. The only constant character is the Guy, the dealer, and each episode centers around a different "story" of the people he encounters. Sometimes episodes explore the influence of pot on different people's lives; mostly, the pot aspect is more of a gateway to explore/mock/empathize with different people's lives. Pretty savvy means of creating characterization, since a dealer is fairly unique in being a semi-stranger you let into your home.

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/64447340[/vimeo]

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/90011431[/vimeo]

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/64447342[/vimeo]

chadnik

Postby Mippipopolous » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:01 pm

If what I think just happened on Legend of Korra happened, then it may have become the show most capable of breaking my heart... I'm tearbending you guys. Big spoilers for the newest episode released this morning below...

Mippipopolous

Postby oldtrailmix » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:28 pm

i watched the first four eps in one night and am trying to motivate myself to come back to it. it's strange, i really enjoyed the episodes, but there's something really... temporary about it all. still great stuff though.

oldtrailmix

Postby Syeknom » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:01 am

Utopia was one of the most compelling pieces of television I've seen in a long time. The sheer intensity of it all and the composition/visual choices/music create such an unnerving world.

Episode three in particular, jesus.

Syeknom

Postby stappard_ » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:23 am

I actually felt oddly unmoved by Utopia. Watched the first series and for whatever reason it didn't resonate aesthetically or narratively. Critical consensus seems to be good, though - and all my friends tell me I'm wrong - so I suspect I'm in the minority.

stappard_

Postby Iliam » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:00 am

Has anyone watched the late 80's british tv show Traffik? I'm really enjoying it. It got turned into a v average film by Steven Soderbergh in the 2000s... but the original show is fantastic (so far).

It's about the international heroin trade. What's so great about it is that it dramatizes the complete network of drug trafficking - from the farmers in Iraq who have to grow the opium just to feed their families, to the impact on dealer's families when they are caught, and (of course) the effects on the first world users as well as looking at the police and the politicians who make the drug laws. that makes it sound more pious than it actually is; its really a great depiction of the global web of conflicting hopes, dreams, pressures, etc. that are involved in your everyday drug sale.

Last edited by Iliam on Thu May 24, 2018 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Iliam

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:25 am

I'm assuming y'all are talking about British Utopia and not the new American Utopia?

UnwashedMolasses

Postby effeffeight » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:13 pm

Has nobody posted curb your enthusiasm? :-|

effeffeight

Postby nevergreen » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:05 am

i just finished the last episode of entourage i'm so sad :((

nevergreen

Postby jrisk » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:25 am

I haven't ever seen curb your enthusiasm except for the clip with Michael J. Fox about Parkinsons. I love mj fox.

jrisk

Postby JtotheWhat » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:05 pm

The network 'starz' has been surprising me lately.. I didn't really like Spartacus at all but I just finished season 1 of Black Sails, an hour long drama about pirates, and really enjoyed it. Also I just watched the premier of their new show Outlander and think it will be a really great show, production value seems on point and the plot is intriguing.

Another show I have watched since it started is Hell on Wheels, I didn't see anyone else mention it but it has slowly become one of my favorite shows. I think this season might be the best yet.

JtotheWhat

Postby JtotheWhat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:05 pm

JtotheWhat

PreviousNext

Return to Care